J. Clayton on 1050..On Titans Pick that will effect Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsTillDeath, Apr 4, 2006.

1. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Or he's David Carr or Joey Harrington, or Tim Couch, or Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer...

all top 5 "cant miss" QB's

2. MrDobolina

MrDobolina New Member

3. lightning

lightning Active Member

espn's john clayton reports....

[​IMG]
    Drugs are bad, mmmmkay

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I disagree with their logic. We have Cedric Houston and Derick Blaylock. We have more pressing needs than HB, like C.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You've got to be kidding right?

We need a Playmaker @ RB.
    We don't have 1 right now.

And there is no way in hell Leinart falls to #4.
    More Media BS..
    Eat it up guys! There's 2nds on the way!!!

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm dead serious, an RB in the firsd round would be a waste of a pick. We have three on the roster and I think that Houston has shown enough in flashes last season to get a chance. Our Oline is a shambles, THAT needs to be addressed.

7. MrDobolina

MrDobolina New Member

I agree White seems like an odd pick for the Jets @ 29...I was just pointing out the sillyness of all this. There are a thousand ways the draft can shake out, plus not knowing the real intentions of the FO. I bet we could find every possible permutation of the top 10 out on the net somewhere.

Dobo

8. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

I'm with you. Taking a first round RB is a luxury pick and we have bigger needs to fill. Give CMart/Blaylock/Houston an OL to block and a passing game to keep the defense from stacking the box and I think you'll see the running game look much better.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i know there's no fetish for Leinart. i was just messing with you because I saw those ridiculous accusations in another thread, as well as your response. it's all good.

cheers

10. camp80

camp80 New Member

I do not think that they should trade up for Leinhart, but if he is there at 4, i think they should take him.

11. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm with you on this, Oline is the key. We need a Center and a tackle deperately.

12. xVILMA51x

xVILMA51x New Member

You guys need to get off Cedric Houston's jock.

He's not that good and he did not show flashes of brilliance. He did ok, thats it!

LenDale White can be a very special back. Curtis is down to a handful of carries per game. Not sure what to expect with Blaylock.

I know we have more important needs than running back, but to say we are fine at RB is just dead wrong.

I would not be mad if we took LenDale at #29 though.

13. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Thats BS.. there is no such thing as a cant miss qb..evryone know anytime your draft a qb its a big risk. but for all the sure thing OTs there sure are alot of bust.

14. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Lendale White scares the hell out of me. Here is a guy who with millions of dollars on the line can't even motivate himself to workout. What's going to happen after he signs a contract?

I want quality guys who understand the work ethic it takes to be successful in the league.

15. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

did you even watch us play last season? We need a brand new offense .. HOUSTON will never be a starter the kid has stamina problems. why do you think herm was so worried about him last year its the reason why bj askew even saw playing time.. martin has no explosiness through the hole and blaylock is worthless.

#55 hydro51, Apr 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2005
  16. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Mark Mayotte on the Herd today just echoed the same thing: He thinks Vince will go first to Tennessee.

Also said that Young had the more impressive pro day.

Obviously, as you all have gathered, I want the Jets to take VY. Looks more and more likely that they would have to trade with N.O. to do that. I have heard the Jets have concerns about Leinart, but I have heard nothing about how they look at Young after the private meetings and workouts.

17. jetfan2k3

jetfan2k3 Member

id rather take cutler than ml

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

White is really looking like crap, I don't think I'd touch him. Yeah, Houston did okay behind a complete shambles of an oline, with a third string QB and injuries up the ying yang. Lets see how he'll do with a real team around him.

19. Zcore

Zcore New Member

If Leinart is there at 4 we have to take him no question....this guy did what Carson Palmer could never do in school....Palmer's arm is stronger, yes but that doesn't make you a perfect QB. You need more than that

20. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Houston's stamina problems have been addressed, hes on thyroid meds. Martin was injured for most of the year and playing behind a patchwork oline. How can you say that Blaylock is worthless?? We hardly got to see him play! We need a brand new offense? We need alot of new pieces. We have Ramsey and Chris Baker will be back. Martin is healthy, McCarriens should be healthy. We'll have an Oline this season. We should be drafting D'Brick, Mangold and Jean-Giles. Our Offense will come around.