GIANTS -- PSLS for NEW STADIUM

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by davecrazy, Jun 26, 2008.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone mentioned it earlier, how much further will the companies that purchase these as give aways keep going higher and higher, many companies are not doing well and surely not making money hand over fist like they were 10 years ago. but hey i guess a write off is a write off.

it would be quite funny to see all these fancy new seats, and especially these fancy new club boxes that cost exorbinant amounts of money sitting there empty. but then again that would make it time to break the lease and go somewhere else... just like the supersonics.

im glad i like college football, more than pro, im gonna have to end up watching high school by the time the money gets done ruining the game.

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I cant see how the jets can charge any different then the giants. It would be a pr nightmare if some how they tried to charge more. I am not happy about this but $1000 for 90% of the upper tier is alot cheaper then the survey. The giants might force the jets get less more then they want.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its funny how people are saying 1k is ok, shit 0 is ok 1k is disgusting when you think about it and anything higher than that is just more disgusting.

then again i am sure they realize they can start by saying 5k so that when the bill comes and its only 1k everyone thinks they have won.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

On a much smaller scale the Jets charged $25 to park in the satellite lots last year while the Giants charged $20.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

also,lets not forget the naming rights, which are in the 100's of millions.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

And lets not forget, they have not told us what the price of the ticket will be. Betcha upstairs starts at $125 per game

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Jets have a great opportunity right now to seperate themselves from the Giants in a POSITIVE way instead of the usual negative way they seperate themselves from the Giants. I know there's not shot this happens but if they said they aren't charging PSLs they would receive a huge PR boom. They'd be able to charge more per ticket b/c fans would understand and appreciate that they didn't sucker them in w/ PSLs and it would look like they cared about the fans. At some point these teams will rob the fans blind and they won't be there to support them, by taking care of the fans now it will mean more $ in their pockets in different ways. They won't get that money all up front and it may even be less but their fanbase won't begin to die off b/c they cannot afford to see games. In the long run it will be a bigger benefit to the franchise than the extra money they'll get now.

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

No- if he's paid the PSL he owns that particular seat for the team's home season, not just one game.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

thats what he meant bobo. he meant the guy would only own the seats for jet games as opposed to concerts, soccer games etc...freakin lawyers

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

10% of the upper deck WILL NOT BE $1000
    24 seats in a row
    31 rows in a section
    40 sections in the upper deck.

29,760 seats in the upper deck.

3 sections of midfield each sideline.(40,50,40)
    6 sections of 744 seats
    4,464 seats at higher PSL's

what the hell im i trying to say?????

lost my idea and train of thought

or will it be the first 5 rows of the upper deck
    24 seats
    5 rows
    40 sections
    4800 seats at higher PSL's

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

this is the post of te year hahahahah its like the man was typing in his sleep. great stuff dude. by the way, im not allowed to go to the game....the wifey being due with the twins at the end of september says im not allwed to go more than a half hour from the house after september begins....perhaps i can get an invite for a laster game after the twins pop out? i know the invite was probably a once in a lifetime opportunnity but perhaps you can see it in your heart to give me another chance?

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

u f'in prick.
    opening game against the Pats and you called me a fag for not hanging with 5 dicks at a italian restaurant?????

scotlandjet is coming from mutha fn poland or something to be there.

well now i need one poster to sit with murrell.maybe ill hold a tournament for that seat.......

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Just fly up champ and hang with him :)

14. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

16,000 to 150,000 in dallas :rofl::rofl: that fucking sucks for cowboys fans

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You are joking about breaking the lease are you not? Naturally you do realize that the NYJs will be 1/2 OWNERs of the new stadium do you not?

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ah I think you forgot that each team is paying 1/2 the constuction costs & each team got a 300M loan from the NFL that has to be repayed

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

We had that with the Devils new arena in Newark. The place is beautiful and I think attendance was up overall, but the fanciest seats were the emptiest. The three sections along center ice on each side are part of those fancy bar/clubs where the seats to the game are just part of the thing. So when you watch the game, the seats around the arena are full except for the best seats.

18. Jetscott

Jetscott New Member

I hate to say it, but the Patriots did it right with their stadium.

Hey Jets staff—you really want to imitate the Patriots? Start with the stadium that doesn't draw on PSLs to refill your pockets!!

My dad's been going to games since they were the Titans. He's a doctor. And he probably can't afford all his tickets.

I ask you - how does that make sense? And for the rest of the fans?
    This is all Woody's fault.
    Mr. Johnson is no friend of ours.

19. balls777

balls777 New Member

I just hope they let us know where we will be sitting if indeed we have to start paying in increments this year as Giants release says...I am in 219 which will be quite expensive to get psl i think however tickets were signed over to me before 06 season so if seniority means anything by owners name I may not have chance for seats even though i sat in them since 89...damn if it ain't one thing it is another!