New Stadium mailer from Woody

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ess-dog, May 27, 2008.

1. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Did everyone (season tix holders) get their mail from the Jets today. It's a cool handout on the new stadium with all the facts...the one thing that bothered me was there way so much emphisis on all the overpriced aminities that the new stadium will offer. To name a few:

All lower bowl seat on the Jets side between the 30's will be consisdered Coaches Club seats. I assume they will garner the highest PSA price.

All the seats in the middle secition (goal line to goal line) will be considered East and West club seats. I'm thinking 2nd highest price PSL's.

Five Star dining in the stadium. I bet 95% of the non corporte season tix holders could care less about this, myself included. Football is about hotdogs and been imo.

They encourage tailgaiting but also say to leave the thongs at home and buy from us in our tailgaiting section.

They do talk about some great things like concourses twice as wide, eight time the # of concession stands, and three times as many bathrooms but to me it jsut seems that Woody is so out of touch when it comes to what the fans want, but I guess he really doesn't care since he has money to make.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

There is no doubt that the new stadiums in sports target the corporate guys in the boxes. That's the only real way that these owners can make any money (seriously).

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Rag on the corporate boxes all you want but, if you ever get to go to one, man that is sweet.

4. JerrichoTpke

JerrichoTpke New Member

I'm on the waiting list and got one of these. Some cool pictures and stuff, but seems to me they are just trying to butter you up for the next piece of mail from the Jets, the $15K PSLs.

5. jetmike

jetmike New Member

This is a very sad mailing.The country is in trouble and most people have difficulty paying for gas. Now the warm and fuzzy organization aka NY Jets send the season ticket holders this. I have had tix since 1966. Now I am in sec 228 and if this rendering is correct My 7 tixs would be club seats. This is very disturbing. Where are they going to offer me seats if I can't afford "club" seats.
    With the economy being what it is I can only see corporate people buying these club seats therefore forcing the real Jet fans to take inferior seats or just give up and stay home. This will change the mood at the games forever.
    Lets hope the Jets wake up and smell the roses!

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

What you are describing is an inevitability. Capitalism at work. You can't realistically expect Woody to keep ticket prices down when corporations are willing to pay big bucks for them.

In the end, this results in fewer "real" fans being in the stadium. But do you really believe that the players play harder when we cheer harder? It all comes back to money - the players play well to make more money. Sure, they want to win too but they wanted to win before we showed up and cheered.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Big deal, Woody. What I want to know is, what are his plans as to all the long tenured season ticket holders in good sections who aren't corporate moguls? Two things, I'm thinking. Offer seats only Bill Gates could afford - so we can't - or, offer dog turd seats in lieu of. I don't have much faith that we'll be taken into consideration at all, and I'm all set to wind up somewhere far, far worse than currently.

And, I'm going to write over the bolded sentence - repeatedly - very, very soon. I'll let you all know my non-answers as soon as I don't hear them. All one hundred of them.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you can really thank the dolans, silver, and bruno for it.:sad:

9. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

i got mine in the mail today. Not really impressed with the new stadium. Cant wait to find out how much the PSL's are gonna be.

10. Ness13

Ness13 New Member

IF they go ahead with the psl, I think it will backfire consider what is happening in the country right now.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh like the West stadium would not have been more since the price tag is higher and we would not be splitting it. I never ever in my 28 years spent one cent inside the stadium and I take a piss before halftime to avoid the crowd. I take my extra meat from tailgating and place it on rolls, package it up and bring it in with a gallon jug of fforzen water. I just hope the bastards let us bring food in. I am in section 314 which is the side of the end zone and is considered by the Jets the cheap section. Is there a chance that I will not see a PSL at all? That would be great.

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

im section 312 which is the 40 yard line am i fuck?
    i think so.

what is it 10 yards a section.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not to mention in Manhattan, where everything costs more. I was for the WSS but let's not act like it wouldn't have been a similar but worse deal for the regular fans. You'd have all the hard-on Manhattan empty suits like they get at Ranger games.

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

this psl crap is gonna be a nightmare. 15k is absolutely ridiculous. the only thing this license is going to cause is more ticket sales on secondary markets and empty seats. this in turn will cause lower nationally televised games which in the end will lead to less money in the long run.

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

but the legions could get to the WESTside stadium easily via mass transit! The luxury boxes would go for more then what they will in Nj. Woody would be happy and could sell the team at a high profit!

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I received the notice today also. My sentiments exactly, Mike. I sit one section away from you.

It looks like none of the sideline Mezz seats as we know them will be available unless you join the "East" or "West" Clubs. Our seats have been elevated from "Premium" to "Club" (read: Expensive) seats.

But I somewhat expected this. When I called the FO a month or so ago and inquired as to what will become of my Mezz sideline seats, they said I will be offered "options." Besides the option of tying up all kinds of cash for PSLs, we'll also be able to move into better seats in other sections, so perhaps all is not lost.

If other Season Ticketholders think this will be just a Mezz problem, they should think again, because they're mistaken. This will affect EVERY Season Ticketholder down the food chain, as people like us scramble to get away from the $15K in the East and West Clubs and opt to move into good seats (and relatively cheaper seats) in the Lower or Uppers just outside the kill zones (Club Zones).

What I am saying is, everyone can expect to be displaced to some degree unless, of course, you're willing to shell out $60,000 in PSLs for 4 seats and tie up that kind of cash without interest or principle appreciation for the next umpteen number of years.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Very true. The WSS stadium would have compounded this situation because of the price of the real estate, escalated NYC construction and operating costs and single ownership.

No one should be naive enough to think that a stand-alone Jets stadium in Manhatten would have been anything but completely unaffordable for any current ticketholder. At least now, we still have a shot.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Emotionally, I'd like to believe this, but I don't think so economically. Based on supply and demand, the Jets and Giants can charge whatever the "traffic will bear," and in this case, there are plenty of NY area corporations and LLCs willing to anty up the PSL costs.

I don't see them having any trouble at all selling these seats, even with a bad economy and price of fuel being what it is.

19. Section 227. Row 5

The Jets are bastards? You're exactly the kind of cheap bastard they're looking for! Expect to be hunted down like a dog. You'll be frisked silly at the turnstile and all those roast beef sandwiches will be duly confiscated!

Seriously though, this whole "upscale" thing pisses me off too. They're talking EIGHT TIMES the number of concession stands. They've got a "Brooklyn Deli" shown in the brochure... probably have hot pastrami on rye for $18. They need Sec 314 bringing in his own roast beef like they need a hole in the head. With that kind of investment, I expect to be frisked right down to my jockstrap in the name of "security."

The whole thing is going in a direction that bothers me. It used to be all about tailgating and being with other die-hard Jets fans who were there to root their guts out for the team.

Now the stands will be full of corporate out-of-towners from places like Des Moines and Omaha and Phoenix, in town for the weekend and in their seats because the corp they work for gave them some freebies.

The stands are half full of these @ssholes now... I can just imagine what it'll be like in 2010.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

lets just say the jets win home field advantage this year.
    defeat the browns in the divisionals
    and the patriots on our turf for the afc crown

than go on to defeat the giants in the super bowl

being that you saw everything you have ever wanted to see for your football team.would you sell the rights to your seats at their highest value the year before a new stadium and possible psl?