4 those who watch NFL NETWORK YESTERDAY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenScreen313, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

90 of Mayocks top 100 going in the top 100 says it all really :)

2. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

That about sums up my opinion on Kiper and Mayock. Mayock isn't afraid of going out on a limb either. He had Matt Ryan as the #1 rated player in the country and had Mc Fadden rated at # 16. He's the one who originally said Mc Fadden legs go dead on contact and that Ryan has similar traits to Peyton Manning. We can easily grade Mayock's accuracy as those players' career develop.

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

It's something isn't it? I could never be a coach. I would have cut Vinny and Coles at halftime. They were so god awful in that first half. Coles couldn't catch a cold and even Dennis Miller was making "color-blind" jokes about Vinny.

Meanwhile, Chrebet, Martin, and Anderson, not to mention Lewis, Cox, Glenn, and Shadetree were playing their butts off. Kept the Jets in the game, leading to what has to be one of the most amazing 4th quarters in NFL history.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

:rofl::rofl::rofl: quality humor. or should I say humoUr?

5. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I gotta say though... Miller was pretty spot on in his commentary... Including telling Arnold he'd be gov. of California...

Plus the team has got to go back to the white & green cleats... looked so much better

6. ........

........ Trolls

I was a junior in college for that game. The only other Jets fan in the house quit watching midway through. Took about 5 minutes of screaming for him to run back in during the 4th.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seriously, that is the only redeeming quality of the ESPN broadcast of the draft for me these days. Watching Kiper have a near-tantrum because he was wrong.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Hey man, they're all sayin' it's gotta be Chad at this point....NFL Network, NFL Radio.....all of 'em.

I don't know if I agree either, but most of them have played higher level ball for a lot longer than I have, so I think they have a point...

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Miller was actually pretty good on that broadcast, Fouts wasn't bad either. Probably better than what we have now on MNF.

10. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Listening to drowning kittens is better than what we have now on MNF. Kornheiser acts as if it's "The Tony Kornheiser Amateur Hour featuring A Professional Football Game".

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I hate Fouts. He is a total Jets hater any time he does one of our games.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Is he? I never picked up on that, but I go to most of the home games so maybe I miss it. He only played against us a few times, odd as that is.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Monday night miracle occurred on Tuesday morning for me. I was in Cp. Bonifas as an armorer, and I just finished my shift by 9 o'clock - and the game was on.

The game ran through all morning, and I almost missed lunch that day watching football. I should have been sleeping (because I just got off 24 hour shift) but the 4th Qtr comeback was such a thrilling scene and I just couldn't get to sleep. What a great game that was.

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I second that Mcshay is an idiot. Looking at his mock he was completely off... and he seems to be the only one who really dislikes Gholston... maybe he isn't an Ohio State fan.

15. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

I know the nfl was trying to get the NFL network on regular cable. Does anyone know what happened with that?

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Sorry, brainfart, I was thinking of Dierdorf.