Gholston Jets 3rd Choice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Why don't you do us all a favor and go cheer for Darren McFadden over at a raiders board. Thx for playing and don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i think mcfadden was the 3rd choice due to our needs..long, gholston, mcfadden

3. ........

........ Trolls

Buy NFL Sunday Ticket and STFU. You'll love the Raiders. They frequently lose meaningless late season games and boost their draft position. Anyone who wants his team to purposely lose games to draft a better player has zero understanding of football and zero passion for the game.

4. ........

........ Trolls

The draft is an inexact science. Gholston was our 3rd choice because Long was the safer, more certain pick, and McFadden was the most explosive offensive player and most likely to immediately impact our team. If Gholston pans out and stays motivated, he could turn into the best thing that could have happened to our team in this draft. There is absolutely no way of knowing that heading in, however, which is why he was #3 on the board.

5. Scottso

Scottso Member

You are a moron for many reasons, but the one I'm going to point out right now is that you wanted Mangini to throw the last game for a draft pick. Do you think any veteran player would respect him after he put them on the field in an effort to lose the game. He would have zero credibility.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

well im glad you were able to decide this one day after the draft and the mangini hasn't even thought about it. say, why don't u become coach so u can keep guys like bryan thomas in there?

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Lets see, He beats a double team and forces the QB out of the pocket, and starts off 5 yards behind the guy he's chasing. Not an ideal situation but I wouldn't call it less than stellar, fact is he forced the QB to take an alternate path, if there's a fault shown in this video it's that none of his team mates contained the front of the line for when Gholston forced the QB out. Less than stellar? Yes, But definitely more than Adequate.

8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Agreed, some people on here are such retards.

9. KJet84

KJet84 Member

I hope this post is strictly sarcasm. I haven't posted in a while but this was worth the 20 seconds. Gholston not only had 14 sacks this year but had 8.5 last year. So how can you say this guy is just a workout warrior. His combine was amazing (trounced Merrimans numbers I might add) but that shouldn't take away from his production on the field. If anything, it should give us confidence that this guys production should translate into the NFL. Analysts were saying the same stuff about Glen Dorsey today and he is a beast as well. Gholston is going to be great and if he keeps improving, I am excited to see where he can take this team.

10. JetsLookingforDWare

If He Da Turd Choice Den Dat Jus Provs Da Fo Is Stoopid W/o Ballz!!!!

11. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Somebody should post the highlights of Gholston not only beating Long on a sack, but flat out pancaking him into the QB...and this guy went #1 to the Fish.

Gholston can be dominating, he has the best upside of anybody drafted.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hahaha, you named yourself after a Raiders player, that's too funny.

13. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

First of all...you play to win the game..I am happy that the Jets beat the Chiefs in the last game of the season. It made me real happy and holy shit, we didn't get McFadden..boo hoo..

Secondly, we didn't give up anything to get him...it's nothing like the D-ROB trade because we were already positioned there and with the fact that NE was right behind us made Gholston an absolute lock and not too mention the BPA..so stop your bitching and be a raiders fan where you can watch overrated & overpaid players still suck...

14. Vic

Vic Member

You make it sound like you are somehow "forced" to be a Jets fan. I've lived in California all of my life and I can't stand the raiders. Nobody's forcing you to watch the Jets and nobody's forcing you to post here. So STFU and GTFO

15. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

What you said. Anyone could write an article saying the Giants didn't get their first 24 choices, they had to settle for their 25th choice. This whole article is dumb.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

No wonder why the Jets picked him...

He got through a double team and chased the QB down the field and help lead to Morelli fumbling the ball.

Thanks for the clip.

17. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

The NYJ selected Gholston. None of this other 'after action reporting' matters a whit.

You guys just want to chew on those sour grapes until your teeth turn blue...

why bother?

18. Merkava

Merkava New Member

Whether or not this guy is a bust or boom prospect, can we please collectively agree not to use the phrase "BEAST" anymore.

Lets try some new adjectives: skilled, monstrous, athletic, dominant, etc

19. McFadden5Jets

McFadden5Jets New Member

are fn stupid i live close to meadowlands who u want me to root for

20. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

I was not going to respond to your stupidity but.

Even if the Jets lost to the Chiefs they probably would still have not been able to get McFadden.

Do you live in the swamp outside of the stadium?

Youth?