Watching ESPN scaring anyone else?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Boomer da G.O.A.T, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

Its your favorite former QB Boomer da G.O.A.T

Is anyone else having a real bad feeling in their stomach because I am.
    The general consensus on most mock drafts have us looking at taking Gholston at 6 ( definetely a result of KC's trading of Allen)
    Now I was fine with this a while ago but I'm beginning to feel dissapointed with this. The boom or bust factor seems particularly high and I just worry the FO will be stuck in this spot with no wiggle room.

Secondly, anyone else feel that Ryan is at least 60 percent smokescreen? I'm sure the FO does really like the kid but probably wouldn't be their first or second option. Mostly I say its a smoke screen because it seems like their only bargaining chip for Chris Long. I'll explain. By showing heavy interest in Matt Ryan AT THE 6 SPOT, could induce Baltimore to try to leap ahead and switch spots with KC. Why would this be good? KC's mentality is primarily DL and OL with first two picks one must assume. Therefore, if Chris Long, Matt Ryan and Gholston are on the board before the 5th pick, by inducing the KC trade, the Jets can choose who they really want (who i really want) in Chris Long.

Is this going to happen? I dont know
    Am I the best QB of all time? Yes
    Should I compete in training camp? No competition

This has been a message from your friend Boomer da G.O.A.T. Don't shoot the messenger

2. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I agree with the Boom or Bust feel with Gholsten though most mocks Ive seen these day say Mcfadden which Im not to happy about myself. I think Ryan as a smokescreen is great for us because hopefully someone does want to move up for him and we can get someone later that fits in with our needs more later in the round and pick up some nice 2nd or 3rd round picks.

3. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

Is there not the same boom-bust factor with McFadden?
    I do tend to agree that I don't think we go with Ryan at #6 though.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think Gholston will be this year's "workout warrior". I hope I'm wrong (unless he gets drafted by the PATS :breakdance: )

I was right about Drob before he was drafted....... we'll see.

5. Boomer da G.O.A.T

Boomer da G.O.A.T Active Member

Definitely true. and although I don't think he will be there, McFadden even as a somewhat dissapointment will excel in certain areas of gameplay that teams will worry about and have to game plan against. I would be happy with him.

My point is more about being worried and digressing on my position as Gholston as a good pick

6. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

In all honesty, everyone in the draft can be boom or bust. We all know this because we have seen it happen so many times with "top" players. So either way we go, all we can do is hope our pick is not a bust..

7. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I'm hoping for Chris Long too, and I suspect that the Jets are gunning for him; theyve had well publicized interest in McFadden, Gholston and Ryan, all of which seems like an attempt to get somebody else to trade ahead and ease Long's slide to the six spot. With any luck, the Raiders won't be able to resist McFadden's athleticism (I know they had a good rushing attack last year but there isn't a back on that roster that comes close to justifying passing on a talent like McFadden), and the Chiefs will go with an offensive lineman or Gholston.

If Gholston and Long are both on the board at six and the Jets go with Gholston, I'll be pretty pissed.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Is that you pulling in at Teahupo? :wink:

9. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

Haha..in my dreams...it's a sick picture and I couldn't resist putting it in there..

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

In an interview he (Gholston) said he hates to practice. I see him as a future cancer on a team where other players have come out and said the practices are hard.

11. JetsLookingforDWare

You stop that logic. Stop that right now.

As if coaching and situation have anything to do with a draft picks success...or that teams don't know what they're getting when they draft a guy.

12. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

would you be willing to do a public service announcement for my cable access show?

13. ........

........ Trolls

I can see the Chiefs possibly settling for Gholston if Long is off the board, but I think Long fits their defense much better, and he's much more of a sure thing.

I can't even imagine a situation in which Gholston AND Long are still on the board at 6. How would the picks before that go? Dorsey, Ryan, McFadden...and I think the Chiefs try to trade down if they're set on taking a Tackle. I don't think they pass up Long in that situation, but someone could trade up to take him.

14. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

It would look like this:
    1) Miami - Jake Long
    2) St. Louis - Dorsey
    3) Atlanta - Ryan (because theycan't find a trading partner & doesn't need a DE or RB)
    4) Raiders - McFadden
    5) Saints - Ellis (KC trades the pick for #10 + Brown)
    6) Jets - ______ (They'd better take Long over Gholston)

I think it's very feasible. ESPN's Michael Smith was reporting that the buzz is Dorsey to the Rams & McFadden to the Raiders.