We're screwed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ReservoirDog76, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

I think that KC will actually go OL with both picks their line needs all the help they can get

2. 73klecko

73klecko Member

don't worry. in the past two days we have been in love with mcfadden, ryan, gholston and C long. Not all are true. truth is, nobody knows except the guys in that room. unlike past regimes, we have smart guys in there. gotta trust em.

3. ToESonNoES58

ToESonNoES58 New Member

Exactly...this changes nothing because KC's pick was always all over the place in ever mock that I have seen and honestly, I don't think C. Long is going past #2

4. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

I think Atanta will wait for Vick to get out of jail, the dude is f'n piece of shit but those southerners will embrace him once his PR guy tells him what to say and the bottom line is he is still a baller....would not be suprised if Falcons balked on M Ryan

5. ........

........ Trolls

You could make the argument that his trade makes it more likely that KC will go after Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. You're right, though. With the proposed trades, etc, we really are in the same position. We have no idea what's going to happen in the 4 remaining picks ahead of us. I still see Dorsey going to the Rams or Falcons, which would leave us with an excellent option at 6 no matter what.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Chiefs are going to pick a Defensive player or trade the pick to someone who wants the same thing. If they stood still it would have been Ryan or OL. All because we beat them in the last game. We lose when we win

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Majority of the board got their Meaningless win Vs the Chiefs so in actuality we got exactly what we wanted. We go from having the pick of the litter to one of the worse picks on the board. Those who lack vision are doomed to look for a somebody to trade up to us get Ryan, Draft a Cb or basically get screwed with the number six pick.

8. mesheler

mesheler Member

yeah, KC desperately needs a QB, so I see them trading down or selecting Ryan...

9. McFadden5Jets

McFadden5Jets New Member

well 85% of this board gets happy when we win meaningless games at the end of the year to screw ourselves what would have been either the 2nd or 3rd pick depending on coin toss.

Now look 6th pick and the 3 players c. long, gholston, mcfadden will be gone (dorsey, j. long the other 2)

it just bothers me this team tries very hard for meaningless games but when its a big game middle of year they play atroscious.

oh well 85% of you were happy now look...

dumbest franchise on gods green earth.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

When we don't draft McFadden, you can go right back to being a Patriots fan.

You just called a team "dumb" for winning...

11. McFadden5Jets

McFadden5Jets New Member

winning what dude? a meaningless game that costs us our future?

yea that sounds like winning.

12. FOURTHANDLONG

And the same people talking all that smack before the game will be nowhere to be found right now when we are really screwed. They were all telling me that I was not a fan because I said It would be in our best interest not to win the game. I did not say throw the game I just said we might be better off if we lost.

13. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

I do not claim to be an expert by any means, but do any of the proposed Top 10 players have "Guaranteed Superstar" stamped on their ass? From what i've been reading, Dorsey is the most fool-proof and he does not fit our system.

Seems to be lots of questions about all of them.

Here's a few things that scare me away from some of these guys. I know there's alot of over-analysis and hair-splitting, but through all of the smoke these things seem clear "to me".

Jake Long ... got taken to school by Gholston...I saw the video, it is true. Bad day? maybe...After watching that, I'm glad Miami took him...he's gonna make Calvin Pace a freakin Rock Star twice a year.

Gholston ... Hot and cold player who tests well and looks the part ... I'll pass, these types of players in Jets uniform tend to be more Cold than Hot.

Chris Long ... Dont know what it is, this guy doesn't get me all a twitter. He has the look of a "solid" defensive player...those can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well, some with more upside.

Dorsey ... Looks like the real deal, not what we need.

Matt Ryan ... Not saying a rocket arm is EVERYTHING, but it should be included when you buy the Luxury Package that is a Top 10 pic.

McFadden ... Is it me, or is every highlight of him in open space breaking a 60 yarder. Kinda reminds me of the Reggie Bush highlight films, only less impressive. Jets play some gritty smashmouth in the AFC East and i don't think he fits + we have a similar type player who does well in space in a much cheaper Leon Washington. Nonetheless, he is an exciting player and could end up being a superstar, I just doubt it.

This is a wierd draft. Seems a little weak in the top 10, but overall fairly deep. My overall point, I dont think we are screwed no matter how it pans out, but I dont think we were ever getting any kind of Savior no matter how it fell.

If I had my druthers, I would probably take Long. You can plug him asap and he will likely be a solid player for a number of years, though I dont think he will be a dominant force. He is the safest pick, much like Dbrick and Revis.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

Look at the big Picture. Winning a game that did not matter cost us Mcfadden, Gholston and Long.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm still here...if you ever think it's in your "favorite" team's best interest to lose, then you can't call yourself a fan.

Winning is what this league is all about. The best teams and the worst teams work hard to win.

You people are a disgrace.

16. McFadden5Jets

McFadden5Jets New Member

yea i remember the 15% of the people getting ripped into pieces

i remember the fans going crazy in joy when we won that game

no consistancy with this team at all

i was fuming because its happened far to often and it happens yet again. and I knew the way this draft was set up at 6 we would be screwed and its going to happen. we will be left with a CB that will have the same talent if not less than when the Patriots pick at 7

lol at patriots getting equal talent when they go 18-1 and we go 4-12

disgusting we wont be getting a franchise type player now

good job jet fans for celebrating did u guys take your families out to dinner that night they won?

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The draft hasn't happened yet, so we don't know if McFadden, Gholston, and Long will be gone before our pick.

It's just ridiculous to bash a team because they won a game.

I would actually like to look at a big picture of you jumping out of window and falling to your death after we don't draft one of those three guys.

#37 Mr Electric, Apr 23, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. We have a Top 10 pick. We drafted two franchise type players in Revis and Harris last season. Revis was the 14th overall pick, and Harris was a second rounder. Mangold is also a franchise center, and he was picked at the bottom of the first round.

2. Are you even a Jets' fan, or are you just hoping we draft McFadden so you can wear his jersey because it will match your green and white Nikes?

(Where's my backup? I don't really need any, but I know I'm not alone on this...)

19. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

So you want a professional football organization to go out on a Sunday in late December and lose a football game on purpose so that they have the opportunity to draft a 22 year old kid that "may" make us a better football team?

Now let me ask you this. If you played on an NFL team and were 3-12 on the last day of the season, would you want to purposely lose a game so that the organization has a better opportunity to draft a 22 year-old kid who may actually take your job? i don;t know about you, but i would play my heart out every game to earn my paycheck and my starting position.

I don't think there is a coach in the NFL that would purposely tank a game just so that they could get a better draft pick.

20. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

If the front office could learn anything from past NYJ administrations, it is that the fastest way out of town is trading up.