9 New Starters Needed On Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Adrian Jones isn't a starter? Pete Kendall isn't a starter? McCariens deserves his spot more than Cotchery at this point.

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I forgot Kendall and have edited my post to include him.

I think Moore provides very good depth but don't want him starting.

3. perfectpackage99

give the guy a break

no need to be nasty.

I don't get it, everybody jumps on everyone here for making a post, so what if it's pointless.

Being a Jets fan is a choice, not one of us had the talent to be in the NFL, we are spectators and everyone has the right to their opinion. Taking this away from them would melt the framework that this great country has been built on.

4. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

lets just cut everyone while we are at it.

5. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

i'm sry, i really dont want to be offensive but thats a bad post... are u kidding me saying cotchery and houston are capable starters?? and not mentioning pete kendall, brandon moore, CURTIS MARTIN A HALL OF FAMER, chris baker and for the hell of it adrian jones... houston has no place starting on an nfl team, especially not one with curtis martin, i'll admit hes on the downslide of his career but come on, he gets hurt one year after winning the rushing title and you want him benched?!?!?!? As far i'm concerned we need a center and tackle for next year and a wr wouldnt hurt

6. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Ok....Baker is also a capable starter. Brandon Moore & Pete Kendall, I'd prefer they weren't Jets' starters. Kendall is about to retire & Moore has to work harder for me. He needs to improve his strength & stamina if he desires to be an NFL starting lineman. IMO.:grin:

AN honestly....This isn't a bad post...Maybe, just maybe, you need to get better recognition of what you are seeing :drunk:

Sometimes we like a player just because he wears Green & White.

Curtis Martin is done or this is his last year of effectiveness. He is no longer a threat. A premeir NFL RB has the ability to take it to the house on any run.
    Martin can't do that anymore. I still love him & he's given Jets' good service, but Houston is a better option & runs harder at this point. D'Angelo Williams if he becomes a Jets', is a dynamic player.

Ramsey or whomever is the Jets' QB choice, will be a big part of the equation. Also Cavca (RT) is still on roster I believe. He would have played last year, but he was hurt.

Jets' offense has been there biggest weakness the last 2 seasons.

When all is said & done, I feel Jets' will have all necessary pieces in place to be competitive this season & make the playoffs. Next year they will be able to improve some more.

WR : Cotchery - Coles

TE : Baker

QB : ?

RB : Houston, some FB

C : ?

G : ?(Moore) needs to improve

T : (Jones) needs to improve/ Cavca (Coming off injury)

So....As I said, there's plenty of room for improvement. :wink:

7. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

My feeling is that the new regime may actually "get it" and will let the draft come to them. The Jets front office's of the past seemed to get obsessed with players, both free agents and college players and continually overpay and/or make reach picks. I think Tangini will keep their cool and when all is said and done the organization as a whole will be better for it.

That said, how do you feel about the possibility of grabbing Croyle in the 3rd round if available. The talent is on par with the big 3 but past injuries are the real question. Obviously whichever QB we take will sit all year anyway which would give a guy like Croyle a chance to work on his health and strength as well as learn the system. Some say he's the next Namath, but he reminds me of a Tom Brady type with a stronger arm.

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Any significance to that giant number in your username?

9. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

actually we need 11 new starters on offensive:breakdance:

10. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

there is a difference between a starter and a premier player. although none of our players are premier players, about 8 of em are capable of starting.
    GO DEVILS

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Naming two career back ups (so far) in Cotchery and Houston as keepers while ignoring current and very capable starters , some players that have been starting for years - Kendall, Moore, McCareins, Baker, Pennington etc. just shows how ridiculous this thread is.

12. Cotchery=future

Cotchery=future New Member

The problem with the Jets is we have all of these players on offense (Askew, Houston, Jones, Baker, Cotchery, Moore, Cavka) that have the potential and raw ability to become solid starters. But, the likelihood of them developing into solid starters when they are still with us (i.e. Santana Moss, James Farrior) is very low especially for the Jets. If we could just stick with these players and grab some impressive prospects through the draft (possibly D'Brick, Mangold, Croyle, Williams) then we might finally have a consistent offense for years to come.

#32 Cotchery=future, Mar 31, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2005
  13. Run_N_gun10

3rd....round.....Croyle is wonderful. I also like D.J. Shockley.

I also like what the new regime is doing...So Far......So Good....:martin:

14. Run_N_gun10

:breakdance: .....How can I reply to this comment.....Wow son....
    ha ha ha....wow:drunk:

Career back-ups....there rookies darn near.

I see you comment just to be seen.
    Pleasssssssssse :breakdance: Go watch a NFL football game....:rofl2:

15. Run_N_gun10

Right ON.....:beer:

16. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

ur just replying to all the posts in different replys when u could have done it all in one... anyway i think that houston has potential (mabey not to get to the Curtis Martin brilliance but closer to warrick dunn)

17. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Holy cow...cannot believe this post is still up... run and gun... there are, as most of us know, 11 spots on the offensive side of the football. You named three guys that could be starters and said we need NINE new starters on offense. I do NOT have a degree in complex mathmatics, but, my elementary calculations... Jeez o pepe, that is not even the worst thing about this thread, that has SOMEHOW live to see two days... Come on mate, I know we are Jets fans, and are therefore pessimistic by nature, but gather yourself...

18. Run_N_gun10

Stop Hating...:drunk: :martin:

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I've been watching NFL football since 1966. Let me point out how ridiculous your initial post is. You state that. besides Coles, Cotchery and Houston are the only capable starters on the Jets.

First, neither has ever been a starter. Houston played a couple of games because Martin and Blaylock were injured.

Cotchery is such a "capable starter" that he has 25 career receptions in two seasons. Houston has torn up the NFL to the tune of 300 yards on 81 carries. I suggest you learn the Jets before commenting on the players. You may like Cotchery and Houston and may feel they have potential, but to call them starters that are better players that are and have been ahead of them on the depth chart and have performed at the NFL level for years is just plain ignorant.

Kendall has started 142 games in his NFL career. I'd call that more than capable. McCareins has 44 starts and 168 receptions for 2650 yards. You may not like him, but he is a starter and was the Jets best receiver in 2004.
    Baker had 18 receptions for 269 yards in only 8 games last year. Again - quite capable. Moore has started 30 games and is not likely to be replaced. Quite capable. Pennington has a 92 career QB rating, has won 21 of 37 starts and has two playoff wins. You may think he can't come back from his injuries, but he had been more than capable.

There is a difference between potential and performance. Look those words up in the dictionary before you post about back ups being starters and being better than proven players.