Getting sick of the darksiders, Chad haters, and negative attitudes...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Two words.........wrong. (at least to his reference)

2. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

same thing every year

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

wrong is one word.

4. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

I wonder if you are tired of the CLEMENS bashers too1 You failed to mention that!

5. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Bashing the QBs is a waste of breath.

The real culprits for the NYJ's losing tradition is the OL and the DL.

If you guys seriously want to stop losing for real, spend your ire on the Big Uglies. That line of scrimmage is where we're getting killed.

You just can't do too much to improve the OL and the DL and the LB. These are the hardest units to build well.

I am hopeful that the CS and FO have undertaken a full rebuilding of our offensive line and our defensive front seven and their primary priority and will leave nothing to chance until they get it right.

We can't continue to pay lip service to the OL and the Defense while we are distracted with glamour skill players. It will only get them wiped out by bad OL play.

Until you have an OL that wins the line of scrimmage, skill players are a futile investment.

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

:rofl::rofl::beer:

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

You have a majority of fans who cheer when your starting QB gets hurt, enough said...

The NYJ could win a Super Bowl and people would still post the same nonsense. I guess after years and years of suckage, one just becomes cynical.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Didn't we just do that? Unless you think Faneca, Woody, Jenkins and Pace won't get the job done. They certainly can't replace everybody in one year. Nor should they.

10. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Collecting resumes may help. It remains to be seen.

In the meantime, there are a lot of moves that can be made in the draft and later on in released players -- not to mention the actual coaching and competition process.

I don't think we should leave any stone unturned in this effort to build an enduring dominant OL and Defense.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Why would you say that. Wish to give me a pop test on the Fitz?

12. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

so whats the BEST CASE scenario for the jets this draft and season? let's say in the first round we take gholston, then in the second we take a WR (hopefully sweed) then in the fourth we spend our picks on DL/OL/LB best players available. then in training camp kellen beats out chad for the starting job and looks strong and miller takes hold of the other corner spot. then at some point during the season we resign rhodes. thats about the best case most optimistic scenario i can think of playing out for the jets. especially for the long term cause then next year u can trade chad and coles and stockpile draft picks.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The best case is the Jets draft 5 or 6 starters with their picks and Clemens proves out in a hurry and they go 12-4 and win a super bowl. Is it going to happen?

*black hole starts slowly building in a nearby star system in case the Jets look likely to become a dominant team and all life in the solar system must be extinguished as a result*

Survey says no.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm starting to lose my buzz from this inspirational positive thread on the Jets. Anyone see Rickjet around?

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am not a Darksider, but I certainly can relate to their point of view. We have had our ups and downs and some of our downs have been outright embarrassing. I think as long as their point is sensible they provide a very good insight into some of the pains over the years.

Truth be told, I think some of the Darksiders have a deeper feel and appreciation for some of the hardships this franchise has had to endure over the years than do the Sunshiners (their view is equally welcome).

I think they all would agree that they would love to see the Jets win and be a dominating team and, yes, they too, want a Super Bowl trophy; it is just that their has been an abundance of painful memories over the years. Last year was no exception.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This just sounds so kinky. I didn't know you were like that, champ.

17. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Don McClean = American Pie.

18. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Jets81, broken records won't go away just because they don't have attractive glamour.

There are a lot of unhappy people in Jets Nation -- until we develop a tradition of winning (and not just on so-called weak schedule years) this will continue.

What does it take to develop a winning tradition? This is the root question that we should be debating.

A lot of people believe that a new QB and a couple of FAs is all that is needed.

This sounds like the gradualism that has dogged the NYJs for several years now.

The OL has to be developed -- Callahan is the means, and the need now is for the CS and FO to give him as many candidates as they can qualify and then get into camp.

If we really do drop everything and build a dominating OL, and recruit, sign and train competent replacements, the transformation of that line of scrimmage will make everything possible for the NYJs for the first time in a very long time.

If we can run at will then we can pass at will. If we can do both, we will confuse and befuddle the defenses we face.

At the same time, our defense has to be perfected. The NYJs have to stop the run cold if they are going to get the chance to actually beat anybody.

If the NYJs can't stop the run they won't be able to stop the pass.

Let's get better than everybody else. I think it is possible and the CS and FO should dedicate themselves to doing it.

19. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

...I'm still here...much of my point is....even when things go wrong (1 word)....it's OK to complain...but some of gthe posters on the site are incredibly immature and really believe they are funny.....I prefer intelligent news, information, and other fans insight....not the idiots (which may be a minority, but seem to post a lot)....

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Your posts aren't any more intelligent then the next guys. Like the majority of posters here (myself included), you offer up your opinion but not much in the way of insight very often. You tell other people that there ideas and posts are dumb, stupid, etc, as opposed to making a counter point as to why you think they're wrong. I'd say you're pretty immature for slinging as many insults as you do, and I found a lot going through only the first page of your post history.

If I were you I would just shut the fuck up and hope this embarrassing thread drops off the first page sometime soon.