Andre Dyson signs with Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bigalxc, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Good, solid signing. He struggled at times last year, but he played well at the end of the season. But if you look what Mangini did with his corners with the Pats, gives good reason to be hopeful with our crew.

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

He battled injuries but the major one was picking up a fumble and on his way to the endzone Ryan Moats put all his weight on Dyson's back and broke his ankle...He did come back for the Divisional playoff game against Washington and did a very nice job on Santana Moss.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Not only that, but take a look at what he did in Tennessee his first 4 years...16 INT's in those 4 years...ten in his second and third years combined...

4. PennyandtheJets

He will be just fine...especially with our nice defensive minded coach.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

This is a typical Parcells/Belly type move.

Barrett,Dyson,Miller,Strait.......Depth, Exp, and no worries, no wasted draft picks, for at least 3 more years.....

That should also show you how FOS the people are that continuously moan about how many holes this team has.

Set at Safety. Set at CB. Set at DL.

Could use....some LB.

And then some Offensive help, Particularly speed, but what we have is good enough, to play tomorrow.

Imagine, a Healthy Penny, with say.....Vernon Davis, and Laurence Maroney to stretch the LB/DL, and take the heat out of the pass rush.....

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We're not going to draft Vernon Davis...

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

We could use a big run stuffing NT to absorb blockers & keep the guards/center off of vilma and let him be the playmaker that he is

8. PennyandtheJets

Yeah I was going to say the same thing...we aren't quite set at the DL yet...

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

nice signing -- the front office is getting the right players at the right price -- not making huge money deals -- getting players that will make us better and add depth -- our secondary just got a big boost!!

good job

10. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Yeah This came out of nowhere. Great move by Mikey T. This guy has great Talent. SO far Mikey T has done a good Job Dwight, Dyson, Pope, Chatman, Ramsey and an Extra 1st for Abraham. Only question is how does this contract look is it a lot of money did we get a good deal. Let me know guys.

11. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

I'm reading some posts that express concern that Barrett or Miller may be left out of the starting job at corner, and I read another one that suggested trading Barrett. Has anyone followed the Pats the last several seasons? Having alot of depth in the secondary can help save a teams ass

12. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

kinda looks like gary coleman a little bit...just on a random note

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I'm not that excited by this move. Dyson is not a great cover corner by any stretch of the imagination. He's a solid player but don't get your hopes up for some kind of shutdown guy or you are gonna be very dissapointed.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

From what I know, Dyson is very good at jumping routes which makes him susceptible to the deep ball. However if we're playing a zone he can afford to take those risks. Watch the Pats/Colts game, and all Ty Law did was jump routes. He was able to do that, because of the Pats good safety play and pressure on manning.

Cornerback is set. We really just have to bank on Kerry Rhodes, Coleman and Washington living up to their highly held status among Jet fans.

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Another positive is that he does not shy down from elite receivers...I remember two years ago when Samari Rolle was out with an injury, Dyson had the duties of covering Marvin Harrison, it wasn't pretty, but he kept jabbing and tangling with Harrison each play despite getting beat, knows how to put plays past him and not dwell on it.

16. PennyandtheJets

When I see the Dyson signing, I immeadiately think big plays...he had alot of INT's with the Titans and I am hoping he can do that same thing with us.

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Absolutely. If this doesn't make clear once and for all that the rumor mill out of Hempstead is dead, I don't know what will. I expect to see a steady stream of whining from certain members of the media, since it's clear that they're going to get nothing from this front office.

18. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

It's true he does get a lot of picks. But like most guys who do that he is often burned because of his willingness to jump the route. I seem to remember seeing him get burned on a few play fakes last season.

19. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Wow, I just got the news. I had to do a double take when I saw Dyson's mug on the home page. What really impresses me is how under the radar this signing was. Like most people have mentioned, it's a fresh change to see the covertness of business matters and blocking out the media. Like Statjeff mentioned, we better start bracing ourselves for a cryfest from the local media. At least we can put to rest that whole "no one wants to be a Jet" theory...

20. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

the problem is he'll get sacked and injured first game with our current line. u cant take vernon davis with our need at the line. a playmaker or two could help though