Ty Law & Revis ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Mar 12, 2008.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No way do I want Law back. He's a "has been". No thanks.

2. Jetman36

Jetman36 New Member

His attitude is not an issue anymore, he's on the downside of his career and more humble now. I say bring him in if he comes cheap, having leadership like that can't hurt at all. Plus people saying Revis couldn't learn from Law have no idea what their talking about. The guy has been a force in the NFL for years, he knows his coverages inside and out and read offenses as well as anyone in the league. That in itself will be extremely beneficial to Revis, let alone they are close as well.

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I'd rather them sign Hank Poteat? Oh geez, not even close.

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

PM jonnyd, hes ace!

5. Phear

Phear New Member

lol call him a has been all you want, he'll instantly upgrade our defense, hes got a least 2 more years in him, if his price is cheap, bring him on.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

quite a bit of trash talk against law, he was a pretty damn good corner and still is a pretty damn good corner the only thing that was ever negative about him was that he made a ton of money, im sure thats why everyone has decided he is a "cancer" too.

he would be a very good addition to this defense and much better than the crap shoot of drafting a starting cb. cause you know that ALWAYS works out, just go ahead and draft a guy and he will be a star for sure. and if he doesnt end up being a hall of famer he will surely with no doubt or concern be soooo much better than this veteran who has already proven himself, oh wait that makes him a has been.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

to create a custome avatar, go into you profile and find where you can upload your own avatar, then find the pic on your computer that you want to be your calling card. there are size and pixel limits so you may have to crop and chop to get the pic small enough.

most newbies are encouraged to use a neked pic of their girlfriend for the first month or so. kinda like an initiation thing. when i joined i was dating miss teen nys, plus my wife was very attractive, so i was made to keep their neked pics as my avatar for almost a year.

about law: miller is our best shot at playing opposite revise. injured last year he is basically a rookie. revise and miller are pups that will be covering top receivers that law has defended for 10 years, and both of these guys could benefit from law's input and tips on how to cover a guy and what moves to be on the look out for. law's been there, done that agaist the same guys for years.

if the chemistry is there between the 3, it could truely be unprecidented. plus it keeps him out of NE, and gives us more flexibility to trade down and draft both a tall receiver and then the best available DB

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Has been! 2 more years? He's over the hill already. Why do you think we can get him on the cheap? Nobody is willing to spend big on Law. He really helped us in 2005. Weren't we 4-12? 10 int or not, the team sucked with him on it. Next...

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

thanks for the avatar help!

10. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

I feel that we need a topflight corner opposite DR but not Law If McFadden is gone @ 6 we pick Mike Jenkins and a WR in the 2 . Look for a RT 01jun08 cuts an man.

11. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I dont want him back either but if we can get him cheap then why not but from what i have been hearing is that he wants another multiyear contract

12. Phear

Phear New Member

lol and we were 4-12 this last season without him,you cant hold 1 person accountable for a 4-12 record. in 05 who was the corner opposite law? barrett? give me a break he got tripple the ints the guy opposite him had, now if you have him as the #2 cb and revis #1 it'll upgrade us, i dont see any argument you can make to say otherwise, or would u rather we dont make a move and have miller our #2. i dont like the guy either but if it's going to help the team, im all for it.

13. jcc72

jcc72 New Member

Yeah aren't NY Sports teams in general finished signing players to big contracts who are passed their time??? Oh my bad - No they aren't

14. JetsYanks80

JetsYanks80 New Member

Law is done. No way they should bring him back. Also, our biggest holes now are at WR and if we are still signing FA's that is where we need to look.

15. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

This is a very deep draft for OTs, specifically RTs. No more cast off June cuts like Clement and Clarke. They just spent millions on Faneca and Woody to rebuild the line, getting some no name is going in the wrong direction again. Look at the scouting reports, there is going to be some VERY talented RTs in the early 2nd. Draft a young stud to develop with Brick and Mangold, move Woody to RG. Moore would be great depth (where he is supposed to be). You would have one of the best lines in the game and depth. Not to mention the rookie can learn from Woody.

Not taking a OT in the 2nd would be a big mistake this year, IMO.

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

i warn the jets NO TY LAW...