Moss signs new deal with Cheatriots

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

2. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Bummer. Oh well, I think Revis is up to the task of covering him for the next 3 years.

3. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Revis will develop. I do think he will be able to cover moss. I know that's a very big task to fill but I really think he is up to it.

4. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Doesn't worry me. The Pats are officially on the downswing. (After going undefeated in the regular season, you can't get much better so they HAVE to be getting worse.) So now that teams have seen that if you go after Brady and HIT him hard and early, he falls apart, (remember when Oakland first did that to Chad Pennington?) what do you think that opposing defenses will be doing from now on? With Brady on his back or running for his life, he will not be able to find Mr Moss. Add in some bad weather games (N.E. had perfect weather for most of this past season. What will happen when the winds REALLY kick up and it snows?) where they won't be able to throw as effectively and... How many losing games will it take before Mr Moss starts to get upset with how he is being used? How many losing games or seasons will it take before Mr Moss becomes VOCAL about how his is upset with how he is being used? Add in that N.E. has been exposed as weak against a STRONG POWER running game, what do you think that opposing offenses will be throwing at them? A good running game will shorten up the game and keep their "High Powered" offense off the field adding to their discontent. Think I'm wrong? Look at what the Jets are doing this off-season. It fits perfectly with that blueprint. Now will it happen this season? I doubt it but, by year 3 of his contract... Lets see what happens.

5. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I might be wrong, but didn't you right the same thing last april?:rofl:

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Teams shut down Moss once they figured out how. We did it in the game we played against them at their house. I don't think Brady or Moss will have the same year as last year. People know how to game plan now... its welker you still have to deal with.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

He wasn't right but maybe he wrote.

Of course they won't. Last season might've been the greatest combined QB/WR season of all time. I doubt anyone expects them to repeat it, but they'll probably be great again.
    I don't see Moss starting off 2008 like a house on fire the way he did in 2007. Also, it's not how you start. It's how you finish, and Moss did not finish strong. Way better in domes than in frigid December/January weather.

8. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Not I. Last season, I felt that N.E. had put together the best team that they ever had and were shoe-ins to win the Superbowl. I didn't figure in that Defensive players tend to get old and slow (see Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones) very quickly. I also didn't realize how big a part of your Superbowl run Vivatari (sp) was (he was your security blanket) and how you REALLY (see 4th and 13) missed him. Add in that most non N.E. fans feel (true or not) that the Giants were the first team that you didn't have a lot of "Tape" on and that's why you lost... Anyway, the thing is that the Giants have shown the league how to beat them. Expect to see every team take a page out of the Giants playbook and rush Brady relentlessly and Run the ball early and often. Until N.E. shows that they have the players to stop such an assault, that's all that they will see. Perfection has a price. You will NEVER be as good EVER again.

9. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Apparently the 17 games preceding the Super Bowl after the Jets game don't count. For some strange reason I thought that the reason the Pats lost was because their o-line shit the bed and that the Giants made the right plays at the right times, but apparently it's because the Pats weren't able to use tapes (even though they couldn't from weeks 2-18 either).

What the hell are you talking about? The Giants "showed" everyone how to beat the Pats?? Everyone knew before the game how to beat the Pats and everyone tried to by getting pressure on the Brady. The problem is that most of the time they did it through blitzing, leaving holes in the secondary. The Giants were able to consistently get a great rush with only 4 linemen, leaving 7 in coverage. If any other team in the NFL tried doing that, the Pats would have scored 50 points. Just because someone actually executed the plan to beat the Pats doesn't mean that the plan didn't exist before.

10. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I am pretty sure that the "pressuring the QB plan" has been used in other games in the past...like most of them. The Giants didn't show anything other than another data point that proves the theory that pressuring the QB can lead to success on the defensive side of the ball.

While the Giants did generate great pressure with the front four, they also had a number of well timed blitzes / delayed-blitzes. It really was a combination of a well-called defensive game by the giants, their front seven talent and Brady being a little off that allowed the Giants to shutdown the Pats offense in the Super Bowl.

11. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

The Jets stopped the Pats in Foxboro even better than the Giants. The Pats only scored a TD from the three yard line. The other TD was an INT that was run back for a TD. Had it not been for Mcareins who cost the Jets 14 points, guess who would have won that day? Did the Jets have a great pass rush like the Giants did or did they did they do anything different to stop them? I am looking forward to the Pats getting tattooed by the Jets on the field with the additions of the new players they got so far. No more a turnstile at LG, a much improved running and passing game, and a much more talented defense. We will see what happens.

12. Tight

Tight Active Member

Its not like you guys one the superbowl or anything

13. CL Yankees13

CL Yankees13 New Member

time to bring the pats down

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Speaking of the Randy Moss deal, has anybody wondered at the utter coincidence of Moss, the most dynamic wideout in the league coming off a record breaking season, signing a deal suspiciously lacking in bonus money, the same week his female accuser voluntarily drops all charges and the restraining order? :) Bonus money well-spent, Randy.

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

They didn't one the super bowl, nor did they two the super bowl. They did three the super bowl, but it's starting to smell a lot more like number two as time wears on.