what about a qb @6

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Mar 10, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I completely agree.

And for the opposer's who think Clemens throws the ball into people's feet-- that is pure distrust in the offensive line. Even if there is no one around, he still thinks someone is coming. It may sound like a reach, but ask any QB- if they don't trust their lineman, they dont play well, period. If i had the bottom 5 O-line in the NFL and faced the top overall D's in my 1st half year of starting i'd be shitting my pants and throwing into the ground too.. When he has time and rhythm and trust for his lineman, Clemens might actually be a top 15 QB next year.

#41 NDmick, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

[Ace Nick]::Why do we need a new QB? Clemens now has a better than average line, will have more time in the pocket and will benefit from the running game averaging more than 3 yards a carry. Even noodle armed Penny thrived when had a good line.

So why all the talk about a new QB in this draft, anyone who thinks that is a fucking idiot. How many young QB's lit the world on fire their first 3 years with a shitty line and avg running game. ::[Ace Nick]
    Am I an idiot too? because there hasn't been a QB with a bottom 5 O-line and the 26th ranked rushing offense who wowed the NFL with his ability. Its a team sport for a reason.

#42 NDmick, Mar 11, 2008
  3. Freeman McNeil

#43 Freeman McNeil, Mar 11, 2008
  4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

#44 winstonbiggs, Mar 11, 2008
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we're not gonna draft a qb this year.every pick is gonna be for the purpose of winning now.d line o line playmakers on offense.and that starts with gholson or howie jr

6. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We will never win now without an outstanding to great QB who can absolutely chuck the rock under pressure. The closest we have come was when Vinny T a QB with great skills had his career year and that wasn't good enough with an outstanding team around him.

7. GangGreen

GangGreen New Member

I also like Brohm from Louisville. He would be a good mid round pick if Flacco is gone.

8. OSUJetFan89

OSUJetFan89 New Member

exactly, why does everyone expect clemens to come out his second year and be the next elway, young qb's struggle their first couple of years, give the kid a chance. quarterback is not our most pressing need

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

agreed. we all know that we are going nowhere with noodle.

back in 2002, when we had a good team, the raiders and pats had no problem beating us badly with those rainbows serving up picks.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Quarterback is not our most pressing need?....that must have been a HUGE rock you were living under for the past...i dunno...6 years.

The Jets QB position is the biggest question mark on the roster....c'mon now.

11. Capt. Ace Nick

Dear Mr. Freeman McNeil,

1. I'm sorry YOU think I'm an idiot.

2. I'm sorry I feel passionate about my favorite football team which translates into what I post about them on TGG.

3. I'm sorry YOU don't give a reason why YOU think I'm an idiot. YOU just give a general statement of what YOU think is a concensus opinion. When it only seems like it's yours.

4. I'm sorry that YOU are a TGG fan and would bust on another fan because he has an opinion different than yours.

5. I'm sorry my in your face writing style is my writing style and not yours.

6. I'm sorry if other fans on this thread seem to agree with MY opinion.

7. I'm sorry I wasted a fucking post about YOU.

#51 Capt. Ace Nick, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...I should get you to apologize on my behalf to my wife for forgetting to do the dishes....that was brilliant :beer:

13. CL Yankees13

CL Yankees13 New Member

i dont think there is a qb that is good enough to warrent a 6th overall pick

14. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

God no, give Clemens a full year behind this line PLEASE!

15. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Okay, I see. This is a masquerade thread that is really a Hate Chad and File 13 Kellen thread.

You guys like to play with the skill players far too much. Instead, I suggest that you get used to the idea of dealing with the Big Uglies. It is the OL that makes the day for the ballet dancers every time.

Pay attention to the Big Uglies. They will sink you or get you to swim.

It's the Big Uglies that will make or break your offense. Better start moving and groving with them. The skill players -- hell when they have the chance, once again, then they will take care of themselves.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I like the new guy.

17. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Mr. Yankee, you have rare insight. I agree with you.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Correct, but we do need a QB who can make all the throws.. We know Chad can't, with velocity and timing and not getting WR killed and getting picked 6'ed on an 9 yrd out route.

Clemens, i dont care what anyone says, it yet to be seen-- he had a first year similar to Eli Manning, a line similar but worse than Mannings in his 1st year and a mental and mechanical state like Mannings in his 1st year.

Give the kid time.... patience pays off, look at our roomates- the SB Champs.

Oh, and get a pass rush like theirs too.

19. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Don't sell the skill players short.

Whether Chad or Kellen wins in this competition that the NYJ CS is running behind this OL that will pass block and run block WELL, it won't matter.

The winner will reap the benefits, and these benefits, they could very well be prodigious.

You guys should understand that if neither Chad nor Kellen plays no better than they did in 07, we will make the play offs if the OL performs up to snuff.

The skill players on the NYJ we have right now are that good, given a fair opportunity to do their stuff.

As we all know (from the NYG Men's LUCKY happenstance) when you get to the play offs -- why, ANYTHING can happen.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'd never take anything away from Cotch, Coles(if hes still around), Baker, Leon or TJ.. but they need the QB to do well 1st and foremost.

Without a sound QB (25-32 Rank), we will undoubtedly become the Arizona Cardinals of a few years ago... Good at everything but QB- but we dont have Fitz and Boldin.

We need a top 15 QB to go with a hopefully top 8 O-Line, thats playoffs.
    Running Game needs to be top 10 regardless, and Defense needs to be top 13.