Jets "very" interested in Ty Law per NFL Network

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Mar 11, 2008.

1. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I doubt hes gonna run his mouth hes lucky to even be playing at this age.

2. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

U hit the nail ....right on the head.....buddy.

Jets' need at least 6 more players on defense to be considered ....more than adequate. {2 DE's, 2 ILB's, CB, 1 NT/DE, & 1 speed rusher OLB (Gholston)}. Depth is needed to be a defense thats there game after game/ year after year.

3. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'd welcome him back with open arms.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Rhodes will be signed...next off-season. Get over it already. He's not a free agent right now, so stop acting like it needs to be done now.

Ty Law, without the "e", would be a stop gap starter until a definite #2 corner is brought in. No one wants the Jets to sign Law for big money. We want him if he comes for the right price.

5. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

He had the picks when he was here last .... but he offset each one with huge penalties. Not sure he is even a stop gap any longer.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Law is good for depth and for teaching the younger guys like Rhodes and Revis. I like the look of a Revis - Law combo...as opposed to what we had last year...Revis - Dyson/Poteat.

7. KyleBradyoverSapp

KyleBradyoverSapp New Member

ummmmm...

David Barrett or Ty Law?

8. Quack

Quack New Member

Drew Coleman?

9. CL Yankees13

CL Yankees13 New Member

I dont kno bout Law I remember him getting beat a lot when he was with the Jets and committing a lot of penalties..But hes better than what we have so they might as well

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

All I know is he is great friends with revis and having him mentor revis and the other corners will only make us stronger I say go for it. Law is still a solid starting CB.

11. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Ty Law is a law unto himself. That's the way he plays. If you were to bring in Ty Law again you would have to put him into a roving CB role so that his take on the QB / receivers could result in his independent action.

If Mangini wants to replicate the LT free-lancing role he portrayed after his prime for Ty Law then he'll sign him for the veteran minimum with INT incentives.

Otherwise, pass.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Why is he not given more opportunities??? Because of one slip against the bears? he slipped , it happens, he was kicking Tom Brady's ass in 06 at NY... And he's fast enough to recover if he gets beat.

Good pick Quack.

13. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I also like Drew Coleman -- the NYJ CS is motivating Drew Coleman, in my opinion. I am hopeful that he takes the oppportunity they will give him (eventually) and make the very most of it.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They haven't cut a 6th round, 4th on the depth chart kid yet... i think the see something in him too.

15. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I would like Law. Revis and Law would make a nice pair. Law will be OK for this year and wouldn't sign him for more then this year.
    But for this year I'm all for Law coming the NY.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

No, no, no. He is a walking, talking penalty machine. He'll stop us getting off the field with dumb penalties and petulance.

Vote no to Law.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Law can still play. I wouldn't mind him coming back for a year but at what price? He left for money to begin with. I doubt he could possibly be worth what it might cost. I also think his penalty problems the first time were a direct result of having played for NE where they were coached that anything they wanted to do was legal because they were the Pats. I'm sure he has improved on that since.

18. Quack

Quack New Member

I never understood that either. The turf was flying everywhere that game and if you watch that play again, you'll notice that the patch that comes out from under his feet is about 12"x12" at a minimum. He planted his foot right. The ground gave out beneath him.

19. joeyg94

joeyg94 Member

he would be a upgeade over barret and coleman a 1 year deal foe a decent amount and we would be set next year draft a conner in the 2 or 3 rd and we will be good

20. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I can handle taking him back. I don't know why he'd want to come back though, he loved the idea of Herm Edwards "Club Ed" training camps and we no Mangini isn't running a day spa over the summer. I'm not as high on our secondary as everyone else here seems to be. I think we have a solid number 1 in Revis, then Kerry Rhodes, and that is it. He gets called for a little more pass interference then we (I) would like, but he would be an instant upgrade for sure.