lets pick Mcfadden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETS, Mar 8, 2008.

1. ANJI

ANJI New Member

And Troy State had theirs already, but I don't see any mention of the Jets being there.(Theodis McKelvin)

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Vision, all I can say is it would be most unfortunate if McF kinda busted. Now, I do not know the future. He may be great.

Rest assured that the Jets coaching staff does not read what we think - it would be very scary if they did; they will make their analysis of all the talent out there and make the best decision for they Jets based on what they think.

Over the next 6 weeks, expect the Jets to have a number of the top picks in for a talk and mini-workout.

Trust me, when draft day comes they will know who their man is if he is available at #6 or they will have thought of all their contingiency plans based on other players they liked.

I really get the sense that the staff is very prepared for draft day. If they pick McFadden, it is because they feel confident he will work; if they do something else, it is because their homework dictated going in another direction.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Chatman over Washington? Johnnie Cochran's corpse can't justify that.

Yeah, chatman can get cut, but i'll take him over Danny Ware any day of the week.

Jones may be almost 30, but with his work ethic and low mileage he'll be fine for another year or two, Fred Taylor proved that.

Yes we will be attending McFadden's pro day, whether or not we want to take him.. its a strategy ploy regardless of the FO's direction.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I can see McKelvin dropping out of the top 10, or perhaps this CS knows that the secondary is not a huge need like it was in 06. He is just not on our draft boards. Most people like DRC ove him anyway.

5. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

If we can't trade down......pick the guy from OHIO STATE!!! let's look for a RB in later rounds. Build the LINES first!

6. CL Yankees13

CL Yankees13 New Member

I hate wen people try to get creative with the draft rather than not using common sense. McFadden is the best player, the Jets need an explosive playmaker on offense, and its not like their running backs are anything special...it's really an obvious pick. The O-line was bad last year but still, jones only had 1 td. An offensive player can have such a larger impact than a defensive player, as one player on offense could take over a game and 1 player on defense doesnt have as big of an effect.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

someones from the #8-#20 gotta call asking for the #6 pick..we should what our options are there for sure

8. It really is simple... You pay your scouting dept. alot of money, and spend countless hours making up your big board...why woulddnt you just keep it simple and select the best player available?

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And what would they offer? Their 8-20 pick and a 2nd? You don't make bad trades. Dallas is the only team with any hope of moving up and I don't see that happening.

The Jets have made a lot of good off season acquisitions. Now they need a slam dunk impact player. If McFadden is there of course they will take him. What they don't need is a bunch of mediocre players who may or may not pan out in a couple of years. These gusys they brought in are not getting any younger.

#89 Don, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  10. afternoondelight

why are there so many haters on thomas jones?

on a descent bears o line... he ran 1300 + yards a season.
    on our horrible o line he still broke a 1000 yards. i would assume with our upgraded o line he'd be back to the 1300 to 1400 yard area. yet still people are calling him a descent to o.k rb. they guys a beast. he is a consistent playmaker. in a best case scenario if we draft mcfadden we would upgrade the ground yards to what...1500-1600 yards? all that "6th pick" money for 200 yards?........lets draft gholston who could put pressure on a qb....something we didnt have at all last year.

we have playmakers on offense....of course we could use more....but lets sure of our o line and defense....

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

We don't need a playmaker at the RB position guys, we need a playmaker at the WR position. We have an above average role player in TJ and an explosive guy in Neon Leon, they are more than servicable also I am a guy who is not a believer in Mcfadden, if he turns out to be great, then I will gladly eat crow. I wouold prefer Gholston at 6, and I'm not even a big fan of him. I want badly to trade down with the Saints/bengals and take a playmaking WR, Limas Sweed.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Not really just Dallas, there are always futures to trade. Any team can give us their number 1 this year and another pick; plus throw in their number 1 or 2 next year. You have to listen to someone willing to load your table for next year.

The way I am starting to think is, because of the super active FA signings the Jets have done, I will support them on what ever they decide to do at #6. I am certain there will be a clear plan for many different scenarios.

13. 1. While Tj is a solid workhorse back he is NOT big play threat/playmaker type. That happens to be something our offense solely lacks.

2. TJ is almost 30 years old. Yes he has low mileage but he's one knee injury away from putting us in a disastrous running back situation.Insurance wouldnt exactly be a bad thing

3. The selection of Dmac(If available and the best available) allows us to add alot of things to the playbook including having both TJ and DMAC on the field at the same time. This would not be a replacement type acquisition by any means.

4. Gholston would surely help this team and perhaps has equal draft value to that of DMac...but as of right now...I doubt he gets past both the rams and Raiders.

14. Don

We need a playmaker wherever we can get him. McFadden projects to be much more of one that any WR in the draft. Besides, who is going to throw to a playmaking WR? Most likely Pennington will be the QB, like it or not.

This team has been built this offseason to win now. Not next year, not the year after. We are not in a rebuilding mode. You don't spend 200 million in the offseason (after the draft) to win 2 or 3 years from now. Mangini and Tannenbaum's jobs are on the line to make the playoffs this year, not next.

They played in 9 games decided by 7 point or less. They lost 6 of them. They must score more points to be competitive.

Like I said, if McFadden is there they take him. No questions asked. Like it or not.

#94 Don, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  15. Don

Futures have little or no value. The person you are trying to trade them to will tell you this trade makes you a superbowl winner so at best you get credit for the 32nd pick in whatever round you are trying to trade that pick from.

16. D. JETSon

D. JETSon New Member

I honestly can not believe that the majority of you guys wouldnt' trade two #1's and maybe a 2nd this year or next or even Chris Canty.....we would have all 3 of them signed for less than we would have 2 pay our #6 pick, not to mention that i think DMC will hold out for #1 type $$$....we have to resign Kerry Rhodes and add playmakers to our WR CB and LBs...its a no brainer...we picked up Revis in the teens and Harris in the 2nd, our FO doesnt need to select top 10 to get value....I say go defense and just try to have a A++ Defense, a good O- Line and a balance rushing attack...if we dont get too many TO (DMC has how many) we should be ok IMO...

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Champese???

18. CL Yankees13

CL Yankees13 New Member

he definitely would have the biggest impact

19. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Chatman is not an antedote to Washington. Chatman is a complement to TJ and LW -- he is another weapon that we take advantage of when the time is ripe.

Remember, the name of the game is to bust up the defense with our running game. When they get used to tackling TJ, and anticipating TJ, then we hit them with Leon. When they get used to Leon and find out where to duck and how to dodge to get to Leon, then we kick them with Jesse C...and so on.

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

We do need a playmaker. Same thing.