Somewhere Kellen Clemens is Smiling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Mar 1, 2008.

1. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

The blame has to be two-fold, the QB's and the CS, I thought that innovative, cool, hip, offensive we once had became very boring and predictable. I think at times, the CS out smarted itself, the Brad Smith nonsense comes to mind, when him and CP swapped what seemed like every other play. More than anything you need stability at the QB position, the CS needs to pick the player who gives them the best chance to win and stick with it. QB's do not play well when they are constantly looking over their shoulders... Whomever is the 2008 starter becuase of what Mangini has done will be not comfortable as the starter and they will play "safe."

2. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Buddy, I been a Jets fan for over 20 years...I can wait and go 1 more year with a shit record. I suppose Eli Manning was screamin "I'm Awesome and I will win the SB" this year? If you say you called that, then you sir, are full of shit. Eli looked God awful until the game against the Patsies...And then he played like Peyton, not like his former self.

If you claim to be such a monster prognosticator, why don't you go apply for a scouting job. I'm sure there are at least 300 football teams in the US that would vie for such great service...College, NFL...maybe even a HoF scouting service and you could tell me after starting 10 games in the pros what guys will be HoFers and those who will suck.

You should really gent bent with such comments. I've endured the Rich Kotite era...I can do anything. What the hell is 1 more year? I would really like to see what we have with KC. Everyone on this site (well, almost...you're a cut above us all. Right?) knows what we have in CP. I'll take my chances and see if KC matures and gets better...God forbid you let a QB grow...

Sometimes I hate people...

#102 KOWIE, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

I think the reason CP is still here is because the alternative to a backup for KC is the likes of Cleo Lemon or Trent Green. I'll take CP over either. KC will hopefully show clear improvement in TC this year, and earn the right to go out there. If he falters, then we have a solid alternative, and don't need to give up picks, or more money in order to have that guy. So I'm pleased with the 1-2 on the depth chart at QB. I agree with the statement that whoever starts shouldn't have to worry about the guy behind him. All that would do is cause the starter to lose focus, regardless of who it is.

4. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

If you don't have time to pass downfield, and if you cannot run, no offense can remain hip or effective. The OL took away most if not all offensive possibilities. There is no offense without an effective OL. All judgments have to wait until there is enough blocking.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

your post reminded me of Daniel Plainview from the movie There will be blood:grin:

But i agree with you, we havent even see whats good with Kellen, Remember now Peyton stunk in his first year, Elway stunk in his first year, and many other sucked ass too

6. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

It's good to know that Kellen has some fan patience to count on.

I think Kellen will be a great QB. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. He's being brought along fairly rapidly. I hope he makes some quantum leaps this year. But I think it is largely dependent on just what kind of OL we come up with in TC.

I hope that it is a killer, because we deserve it. And the QBs do as well.

7. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I am a Kellen fan...............but I want to see Chad get these guys to the playoffs!

8. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Some of you guys fail to realize that Chad had to go for endzone/field goal range or bust in every one of those 4th quater picks. Please, tell me that you think clemens would have done a better job with the personel up front and the defense knowing that a pass was coming. I've always been a Pennington guy, but I'm for whatever it takes for the Jets to win on Sundays. But really, if you want to call the arm strength into question it's fair game. The injury-prone-ness, I agree with you also. But don't say that he failed the team in any way when it came to the late picks in a game. It's just not a legit argument.