note on CP from MU message board

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vcoach, Mar 2, 2008.

1. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I thought, maybe it's just my old age, that CP had an awful pre-season, thats why the Clemens lovers came out in full force..? Given CP's job is on the line, I think he will have a great pre-season, but if KC shows some promise Mangini will lean on KC, but it will be a quick hook. This regime cannot go 4-12, 6-10 this year with all the cash flying around.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Penny actually looked better than Clemens did at TC and in preseason last summer, which is why Mangini started him again. No one knew how horrible our O-line would be though... which didn't help either QB.

Okay, so let's assume we fix our O-line problems and fix them good. I still have a problem starting Chad again because the O-line fix is not going to fix his inability to get the ball deep. I really don't want to return to the land of the Dink and Dunk.

So my preference is to start Clemens, give him all the protection in the world and see what he has.

I'd still like to draft Joe Flacco though!

3. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I would like to point out that the off-season is mostly workouts out of sight of the media and out of sight of the fans. The pre-season games are actually a small part of the off-season where the CS makes all the decisions.

Last year in the pre-season games, CP was asked to perform experiments (one game they handed the ball off one play after another for an entire quarter, regardless of what happened), while Kellen was asked to go all out.

I think that the best QB will win and we'll have a great backup who knows the BS offense cold. The best we can hope for, in my opinion.

4. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Quote: "...still have a problem starting Chad again because the O-line fix is not going to fix his inability to get the ball deep..."

Chad will have the time behind a competent OL that pass blocks and run blocks well to do anything he wants, just like Kellen will. They will both be helped immeasurably by an OL that makes the defense guess because we're doing everything well.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chad is THE QB that the red jersey was made for. If they'd just amend the NFL rules to allow QB's to wear a red jersey in the games he'd be fine.

Jack Lambert had a great line when the "In the grasp" rule was first put in, he said "why don't they just put a dress on the QB's and be done with it." Chad is the QB that Lambert was talking about, the guy who gets hit hard a few times and gets hurt like clockwork.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Give him a break, he's only in college.

7. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

I totally Agree ...may the best QB win ~