From NFL.com re: DeAngelo Williams...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Oline can wait?! Have you looked at our depth chart lately? Marco Cavka is our starting RT!

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

good post. for the most part, i agree with you.

it's best to put the rest of the pieces in place - specifically, the OL - before you get your franchise RB. even if we don't completely fix the OL this year, we'll most likely only need one more lineman in 2007. Once the OL is entirely set, plug in a stud RB and let him flourish.

Right now, we have 3 servicable RB's that can produce behind a good OL. Furthermore, every draft class has RB's that go into R2 who are good enough to start. next year's draft will feature guys like Adrian Peterson, etc. waiting another year until the Offense is ready to seriously compete isn't such a bad thing.

as enticing as players like Bush, Williams, and White are, it's not absolutely necessary to draft them; unless, of course, one of them falls and when you draft them is considered a "steal."

cheers

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

so we get a RT like Winston Justice or Marcus McNeil; then that problem is solved.

clearly, the OL needs the most help. but i agree we don't need to invest all of our early picks in OL this year.

getting quality starters at two OL positions, like RT and G or C will drastically improve this line. then, next year, add another one and the OL is fixed. we don't need to be impatient and try to address the whole OL in one offseason.

cheers

#23 The Uniform Bomber, Mar 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005
  4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Thats true and thats why I wouldn't mind seeing them pick Hawk or Super Mario at #4.

5. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

First of all, Martin does not have 2-3 years as a starter left. He is way past his prime as a RB and is only running for the record books. Blaylock performed well in KC due to their offensive line. KC arguably has one of the best offensive lines in the league. Houston has not proven anything yet, and doesn't have a good madden rating(which means he sucks). Williams or white looks like a perfect successor to curtis, with the 29. the jets need to draft their next rb, and what better time than now?

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

By wait, I meant, after our first overall pick. #29, #35 and so on can clear up the o-line.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

What little I've seen of the kid, I've liked a lot. Unfortunately, he's in the can't-have-everything category.

8. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

if you have a great oline, you can get by with an average back considering its not hard to find one now of days