Why do we sign these zeroes?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Ya I am complaining, because we keep picking up these guys that we think might help instead of pursuing a guy that we know will. Were you happy with the performance of Reed and Legree last season? I wasn't, our run defence was bad, and we were weak up the middle. IMO, this guy is another Reed/Legree and I am unhappy that he takes away Pouha's chances of getting some exclusive time at DT. OK, he was cheap, fine. Maybe he'll have a break out year and I will buy his jersey, but I doubt it.

2. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Pouha was a wasted 3rd round pick, 27-year old, undersized defensive tackle. It's a 500k backup, who started last year and could fill Robertson's position if he goes down.

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

i just checked his rating on madden 06 and they have him at 84. thats pretty good but that is on madden.

4. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

You know there is a such thing as backup players on a football team and not everyone can get a $5 million contract, right?

5. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

They have Reed listed at something like 5 11 or 6 I dont feel like checking, if you have seen him in person you would agree there is no chance in hell thats how tall he is. Aside from the point Reed is shit, and this guy started on a damn fine D line this year

6. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Dude we need to have more than 22 players. He is coming cheap, 500K and the bronoc were confident to sign him. If this was a Legree type, give him a lot of money i would understand but this is a good signing, we should be happy about this one. We want him for depth not to start, a good signing in my opinion.

7. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

I dont know what Pouha you are thinking of but the one that I am thinking of is the biggest DT on our roster by far, I wouldnt call him undersized. He is taller and weighs more that Robertson, Reed and I think he is the same height as Pope but has another 30 lbs of beedf

8. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

we did this to make sure we dont recieve compensation next year for losing ty law this year. is it that hard to understand?

9. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Has anyone thought there may be a reason why he came so cheap?

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're right. The fact that Terrel Owens, Willie McGinest, LeCharles Bentley, Edge, Will Witherspoon and Drew Brees makes this offseason an utter FAILURE.

Hang Tannebaum and get him out of our office.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Also take into the fact that Shannahan has always been a good defensive line and offensive line evaluated, and he gave the guy a shot and he flourished.

If you actually watched the trenches James Reed did not play that bad. He was supposed to be nothing more than a 3 technique gap shooter whereas Robertson was supposed to take on a bunch of blocks. Robertson couldn't do it, so we had two guys taking on a bunch of blocks and no one to shoot the gaps. Don't give me that shit about James Reed, because Robertson deserves equal blame. Atleast we weren't expecting Reed to be the next Warren Sapp. He was supposed to at best be a Larry Tripplett type of player.

12. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of a different tackle. But to backup my main point, he was a wasted 3rd round pick.

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

why would we not want compensation...or did I miss the sarcasm.....

14. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

you missed the sarcasm, but it's okay!

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Exactly...we shouldnt be surprised by any of these signing so far...MT tipped his hat after the first press conference. He basically said that they want role players too...guys that can step in and do the job.

They will hit there home runs on occasion...but we shouldnt be surprised with the middle of the road signings either.

16. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

You do not call a third round pick who played about 30% ? of the snaps a wasted pick.

17. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

I wouldnt call him a waste of a pick or under sized (325 is great size for NT) but I think we all expected a lot more from him due to the media hype. He did not play alot so lets see what mangini does with him

18. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

yeah because every 3rd rounder in the nfl becomes a starter their rookie year

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Why do we allow you to start these threads?

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is the offseason I am accustomed to. We sign a cheap and excellent answer to our line depth and people complain.