Whats so great about Kris Jenkins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShaft04, Feb 29, 2008.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Bingo.

This love for the 5th round pick is kind of comical. Pro Bowl DT's dont grow on trees..and we havent had one of those in recent memory. Im just wondering if all those against that would be fine if it was just a 3rd round pick. Kind of ridiculous isnt it?

Drob is going to get us back something anyway so basically you traded drob and a pick for Jenkins. Sounds pretty logical to me.

How many times you heard almost everyone on this site screaming we need a big body to stuff the line...well..you got it...now ssshhhhhh.

2. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Jets fans just love to bitch, I honestly think, just for the sake of it. We finally have a true NT -- the most important position in a 3-4 for a 3rd and a 5th, so freaking what. Good job FO, keep it going now with some O-Line help.

3. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

It's funny that the last thirty or so posts on this thread (myself included, mind you) are all to the effect of "You guys are idiots! This trade is great!" I think we've convinced the naysayers, gentlemen. Or at least silenced them.

theganggreen.com consensus has spoken. We hereby offically decree the Kris Jenkins Trade as "good."

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Amen brotha :beer:

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What is so great about him? For one thing he is a pro bowl Dlineman and fills one of our biggest needs. He doesnt just fill one need, he fills a need that can make our whole D better just by filling this one need. The fact that we got him for two mid round picks makes it even better..

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Its the third year of this regime and now they are getting aggressive. They will fill the spot at left guard which will automatically make Fergy a better player and make the line pretty formidable.

They filled a glaring need at DT. They traded away a player who didnt fit the system (Vilma) and drafted a player that did (Harris). They will go out and either get or draft another db to go along with Revis to give you at least 3/4 of a very solid secondary.

Sadly, the one position where there will not be an upgrade will have to come within and thats the qb spot. Either KC develops or its the same ole with Pennington. Thats the position where this regime has little flexability to take this team to the next level and lets face it..its a huge gamble without a gameplan (and you cant blame them for the weak gameplan...its a tough position to solidify).

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

People are complaining about a 5th rounder?

Yeah I guess that all-important Special Teamer/Weekly Inactive is so much more important than a 350 pound DT...SOMETHING THAT WE HAVE BEEN CRYING FOR SINCE DAY ONE OF THIS REGIME.

8. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

This was an awesome trade. We have now solved one of the major needs of this team with putting in someone that will automatically make the team better from day one! One thing about our FO is that they are smart> I have complete trust in Tanabaum and Mangini i think they are smarter than most. I can't wait to see what we get next!

9. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

If you were on a Panthers board and you read you got a 3rd and a 5th for Jenkins, there's no way you'd be happy.

10. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Good post. I'll personally say that with our QB position, if we nab Faneca and a guy like Woody, Clemens will hopefully have enough time to make the throws he needs.

11. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

I have not removed my Jenkins Terps jersey since I hear the rumours yesterday. It will not be removed all weekend! NICE MOVE TANGINI!!

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or have been hitting the bottle a little too hard lately.

Gettign Jenkins for our D line is one of the most important moves we could make. Vilma was average in the last 2 season and is comming off an injury. Now jsut add some quality to the O-line and we have a successful offseason before the draft even starts.

14. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Excellent trade... why is anyone in their right mind complaining? This guy is immediate help on the line! I won't miss the 3rd and 5th one bit if he plays to his potential.

Letting Vilma go for a conditional 09 pick seemed outrageous, and I'm still trying to pick the positives from that move because Vilma is more then just a great player... hes a leader and the poster player you always want on your team. But if that leader/poster player can't do shit in our current system, why should we keep waisting our time and money forcing a square peg in a hole shaped as a circle hoping it will fit? 07 Vilma did nothing and was injured, and played quite poorly in 06 as well. I think we need to take off the green glasses and realize that teams knew we were dumping Vilma, and he did little to nothing to showcase himself over the last 2 years... Guys he went to the Saints! Does anyone here actually hate the Saints? Good luck Vilma... you will be missed... but shit... do good so we can get a 1st or 2nd in a excellent 09 draft.

15. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If he's healthy, we'll at least get the value of the 3rd and 5th value for Vilma from the Saints, so how is this different that trading Vilma for Jenkins straight up? People were all over that yesterday.

16. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

A solid line will help whomever is at QB. KC is a gamble, with the moves the Jets are making it obvious they want to win now, KC will hurt the team at times due to his inexperience, CP would be CP, manage the game and hope someone makes that deciding play.

While the Jets are making moves, there are still a few holes to fill, some of which you mention: CB, ILB, right side of o-line and a pass rusher come to mind. But nonetheless, good times!

17. Denny

Denny Active Member

And I believe the QB position is open competition again. So who knows, CP might be our guy?

18. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Don't worry, he's just pissed that Jenkins can't do backflips.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

From ESPN.com:

Going to make a prediction right now: Defensive tackle Kris Jenkins will make the Pro Bowl for the Jets next season.

Jenkins, who's being traded from Carolina to the Jets, is going to thrive in New York. When I was working at The Charlotte Observer last summer, Jenkins created a bit of a stir when he revealed to me that he didn't really like living in Charlotte. He talked about how he preferred bigger cities with more to do.

Well, cities don't come bigger than New York, and that's going to make Jenkins happy off the field. But he's also going to be happy on the field in the middle of New York's 3-4 defense. That's the kind of challenge Jenkins needs to get back to the form that got him to three Pro Bowls.

Jenkins is the kind of guy who gets bored easily and he got bored and disgruntled in Carolina, where he had stopped believing in the coaching staff several years ago. Panthers coach John Fox likes his players to be robots, and the outspoken Jenkins wasn't the type to spew the company line.

Jenkins still played well last year after the Panthers failed in a previous attempt to trade him. But he'll play even better in New York because he'll have the freedom to be himself on and off the field.

20. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

You can actually play with the Jets against other people on Madden now!