I'll be upset if the Jets draft ? in rd 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Mar 28, 2006.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

I'll be upset if the Jets draft any player that requires us losing high draft picks. I'll be content with D'Brick or Williams if that's the BPA at 4. Also trading down to the Cardinals or the Lions would be ok by me (with the right compensation). What would tick you off with the Jets regarding the 1st pick?
    Please let us know by p[osting youir opinions.

2. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

drafting cutler at 4 would piss me off

3. Bad Intentions

Bad Intentions New Member

Drafting D'brick Ferguson would piss me off.

4. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Leinart....

5. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

drafting any qb would hurt. these are the only 3 acceptable picks for the jets at 4 IMO : Ferguson, Super Mario, or Hawk

#5 igotpneumonia89, Mar 28, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

What would really tick me off would be if we bundled picks and moved up (like we did with DeWayne Roberstson) and not walk away with a guy who wears red and blue tights and has a yellow "S" on his chest. Seriously, I don't see any one man in this draft worth trading two 1st rounders for.

I'm not saying Leinart isn't a great pick with great potential, but he could bust too. I like the picks where they are, especially now after we got that extra compensatory 3rd Rounder. We can fill so many needs with these picks, especially since the draft is thick with talent, so please, PLEASE, no trading up.

Like John Madden once said, "Don't worry that the mule is blind, just keep loadin' the wagon."

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

d'brick because jones will be good imo and lt is not a need

cutler if vince young is still on the board...cutler is way more of a risk/unknown imo....VY is the real deal

i would be happy with: aj hawk, mario williams, matt lineart, vince young

8. King Koopa

if we got reggie bush for our 2 number 1's i would be happy actually...lineart at 2 from the saints and i'd be pissed off

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

No QB and no trading up.

Stand pat and draft Brick or Williams, or trade down.

10. igotpneumonia89

igotpneumonia89 New Member

why would drafting d brick hurt? our o-line is atrocious, and would be much better with this guy on it. Our current line : Jones, KEndall, Moore, Gragg and some guys from taxi squad/ nfl europe. this is not a line that would protect the qb for more than a 3 step drop or make a hole for a rb. O-line is the jets most dire need.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Any one of those 4 would make me happy as well. I agree with you about Jones and D'Brick but if they go with D'Brick I will assume they feel he has much more to offer than Jones and accept it.

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

If we drafted D'Brick, I would probably go on a rampage. I'd be utterly shocked and totally pissed if we took him.

13. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

i'll be upset if they take a qb and ESPECIALLY if they trade up... we've done a good job of stockpiling early rd picks now lets use them to fill holes rather than throw all our chips in risking everything on one of these qbs, all of which come with question marks... we have bigger needs (o-line)

14. King Koopa

yea but jones at lt is one of our strong points...i feel that we need to upgrade the rt position for sure, as well as getting a guard/center (whoever is a better player....kendall can play either)

15. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Cutler seems to be the flavor of the month. Seems every draft a player shoots up the board because of his Combine or "projected potential". Cutler would be fine as a 2nd rd pick imho not the 4th over all.

16. Pride

Pride New Member

We also have holes at cb, lb, db, wr, nt. I dont think we should go blind into the draft and fill the o-line first then worry about every thing else

17. GangGreen88

GangGreen88 New Member

Trading up for Leinart would piss me off immensely. Take D'Brick, Williams or Hawk.

18. King Koopa

i agree...i would also take him at 29 if he dropped...he's a good player no doubt, but if you look aty the whole picture, i don't see how cutler can be a possible top 3 pick, while brodie croyle and omar jacobs are possible 3rd or even 4th rounders

the 2 qbs that deserve to be where they're at are vy and ml

19. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Why? The guy seems like a Stud something we haven't had since the Marvin Powell days.All the scouts loved him in College and he's put on 35 lbs during the offseason. He could be our LT for 10+ years.

20. Pride

Pride New Member

I dont despise taking Ferguson, if we took him I would just sigh and say it had to be done. Dont think I will be excited but I wont be mad