would you trade DRob for

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

the rights to Stacy Andrews

2. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I just saw the title to this thread and said "Yes."

3. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

yeah that would make sense, I think the bengals GM is so desperate for D he might get desperate

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Now that Stacey Andrews is franchised; I think any trade is out of the running. As long as we didn't have to throw in the 2 #1 picks which I think makes going after any franchised player all but ridiculous. If it were just a straight trade then sure, but it won't happen.

Besides, all our troubles are over; we just signed Artrell Hawkins.

#4 GreenHornet, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i would trade D rob for a bag of Doritos and a can of sprite.

6. Goombah

Goombah New Member

Nacho Cheese Doritos, a Yoo Hoo, and a 2nd round draft pick.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i would trade drob for a bever pelt. but if he get's moved to de with ellis moving to olb, then i would need at least 2 bever pelts. or one bever. whatever.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think it is beaver

[​IMG]

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If his cap figure wouldn't be too hurtful on the cap, I'd definately trade him. I think he warrants a 4th round pick by a 4-3 team in need of DT help. Dewayne is still only 26, experienced, has played in 4-3 and 3-4 and was a solid player in both the 3-4 and 4-3. He certainly has trade value, but I doubt the Andrews for Robertson trade happens, even though I'd pull the trigger.

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Here is a thought.

Do you guys think the Chiefs would swap first rounders if we gave them D-Rob?

11. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Possible, but my question is, who are you looking for at #4 or 5 that won't be there at #6? For that reason, I think I'd rather trade D-Rob for a second or third (even if it's worse based on the value chart) than swapping first rounders.

12. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

guys, if we traded drob...our dline will be the worst in the nfl....he is the anchor on our shitty line....pouha cant stay healthy and hes only a rotational player at best and so is mosley who i like better then pouha....get a better nose tackle and drob will own one of the dend spots...he has played his heart out this year...even if he doesnt do good....he has a great motor and hes been workin his ass off being double teamed....i wouldnt trade him but i would trade ellis

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

'bever' didn't look right but i haven't seen one in so long i couldn't put my finger in it. thanks for the correction!

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

We could use the value of the higher pick to trade down or take one of the following:

Chris long
    Jake Long
    Dorsey
    Ellis
    McFadden

We might not get any of those guys at # 6.

KC does need a DT and Herm might want a guy he knows.

15. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

The latent hatred here of D-Rob because of where we picked him in the draft and the picks he cost is ridiculous. He is our best defensive lineman by a long shot, and has done well at the nose, yet everyone is so eager to get rid of him. It makes no sense. Certain Jet players like Pennington got a free pass no matter how crappy their play is while solid to very good players like D-Rob and Bryan Thomas get crapped on continuously. Once the pick is made, all you can hope for is a good player. D-Rob is certainly that and should remain a part of this team. He's not a pro-bowler, and not the best NT in football, but he is a solid player whose presence would be missed if we let him go.

16. Yeah...as bad of a fit as a starter at 3-4 NT...he is still our best D-linemen. I think Pouha could develop into the Nt we need...but other than that.. D rob's the best we've got right now.

17. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

off topic but kurt we are ranked thirteen now...(uconn)

ur from hartford right....im right next to u in southington

18. Nice..I'm in the field alot for work and go to southington all the time. last night was alot closer than it should have been against depaul!

19. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

oh really, yea i was shitting my pants...sick comeback though...adrien did good yesturday....10 game win streak....this is when teams are suppose to get hot during the season so im glad....i think we will make a big run in the tourney but theres so big ass teams like memphis...idk...but the south florida game was insane!!!

20. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Well Said.