G Mike Wahle now available

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

2. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Well said

I think you're talking about Rivera (the tackle).

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I am. Thanks.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Marco Rivera? He's a guard who got signed by Dallas as a FA. He was released by Dallas and is unlikely to be signed by a team again.

He and Wahle were a very good set of guards.

5. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

He seems durable enough. Except for his rookie year, he's played in 16 games for nine out of the last ten years. The only exception was 2006 when he played/started in 13 games.

No bad....not bad at all.

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Not a bad option at all...

If they signed him maybe thats a sign that they like Bender, but aren't sure he's ready yet.

I'm really starting to think the best best signing we can make is this guy:

[​IMG]

7. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

We absolutely MUST sign this guy. You want a reason? Here's the only reason you should need...

The left side of our O-Line would be D'BRICK WAHLE!

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

nice.
    <filler>

9. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

How long are we going to keep "building" isn't 30 something odd years enough "building"? Jets need to bring in good players regardless of age to be competitive now. Aren't u tired of the same ole Jets?

10. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Found this on Rotoworld:

"...Free agent G Mike Wahle will reportedly meet with the Seahawks on Wednesday.
    Wahle, cut Monday in a cap-related move, was drafted by Green Bay during Mike Holmgren's tenure there. However, Seattle is going with a power running game this year, and Wahle's strength has come into question since he tore his labrum in 2006. He'd likely be a better fit for zone blocking...."

11. JetsLookingforDWare

I hate posts like this.

We've been rebuilding longer than our HC has been alive in some fans heads...so therefore he should have no time to rebuild...

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I agree w/you --- this guy is the prize for the JETS of this year's free agency. I can't remember a time of recent when a young guy like this was available precisely when we needed to fill a position of such glaring need. No idea of what his pricetag would be ---- last year Leonard Davis & Derrick Dockery both signed 7yr 49 million deals -- structured a little differently, obviously.

13. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Regardless of whether or not he became a starter for us, I'd like to sign him. He can play both guard and tackle, so he'd improve our depth, if anything. It is quite possible that we're going to have a rookie right tackle next year, and with the way that Ferguson hasn't developed at all, it would be nice to have a veteran like Wahle around to fill in at multiple spots. An "in case of emergency, brake glass" type.

-X-

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

No, I don't want another one and done again. I want longevity, and annual visits to the playoffs. That is done with young, talented players. Not over the hill vets that only give 1-3 years. I want us to be annual contenders, not a flash in the pan team. I am tired of 1-2 great years and 6-7 of mediocre to crappy teams.

That being said, you should try reading the whole thread. I wasn't sure of his age genius, so I asked a question. And I later stated that 30 wasn't bad at all. But we shouldn't end there. Wahle would be an excellent stop-gap but not a long term solution. The Oline needs young talent to develop, so that the Jets can have long term stability and success.

15. Wahle was a fantastic left guard for Green Bay. He only came back to earth after the Panthers screwed aroundd w/ him at left tackle.

He's def. worth a look and could end up being the top guard available even over Faneca.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

#36 Hemi, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  17. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Not the point. At the rate we are going when will the team be competitive? There is no such thing as rebuilding anymore, teams can make a drastic turnaround with a few choice players in FA and a good draft. If Mangini has another year like last year, u and everyone else knows he's done. Patience wears thin very quickly in the NFL.

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That's not true. Look at Dungy in Indy he had a rough start, Cowher in Pitt who struggled some years, Belicheck in NE didn't come flying out of the gates when Bledsoe was there. The best organizations in the NFL, the ones who regularly go to the playoffs and are contenders, are those that take the long term approach.

Those teams that try to buy championships like Washington, or change coaches every year like the 49ers or Oakland, or teams like Arizona that listen to impatient fans, will never have lasting success. They reach the playoffs every now and then, and are done. The most successful organizations in the NFL are patient and have a long term view.

#38 dabrowsk1, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  19. JetsLookingforDWare

It'd be nice to see some of your examples of these teams that magicked themselves to an elite level...

20. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Wahle will be a Seahawk anyways so lets forget it....big surprise. we probably missed the boat already....

From NFL.com

Feb. 13: The Seattle Times reports that veteran guard Mike Wahl was on his way to Seattle Tuesday to visit the Seahawks. Wahl, 30, was released by Carolina on Monday. The 10-year veteran can speak to the Seahawks before the start of free agency on Feb. 29 because he was released and does not have an expiring contract.