Vote NO on NFL.com

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pimentel79, Feb 4, 2008.

1. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

Vote no on nfl.com in reference to SB42 being the biggest upset in SB history. We Jet fans got to work together.

heres the link http://www.nfl.com/

#1 pimentel79, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There is no way to win... let them have their moment. When it is all said and done this isn't even a bigger upset than when the Pats beat the Rams.

People only remember what happened recently and lets be honest most people who were alive for SB III aren't exactly guys surfing NFL.com

3. Scottso

Scottso Member

I really don't understand why Jet fans hate the Giants so much. I hate the Patriots with a passion! I'm a huge Jet fan, and when Tyree caught that pass, I was screaming my head off. And then the catch by Burress in the endzone, no perfect season for the Patriots and I LOVE it. I didn't care that it was the Giants beating the Pats, I just wanted the Patriots to lose. And how classless is Belichick leaving the field with one second left, not even putting a defense on the field. The players went out on their own to end the game.

#3 Scottso, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. Scottso

Scottso Member

I didn't even click on the link or read the second post. Sorry fellas

5. JetsYanks80

JetsYanks80 New Member

Doesn't matter what a pole on NFL.com says. The Jets were the biggest underdogs as per the spread and they won, therefore it will always be the biggest upset. I am happy the Giants won F**k the Pats, but SBIII like we all know changed the game and made the Super Bowl what it is.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah SBIII is the biggest upset of all time, but the web being what it is, is mostly youngin's with no sense of NFL history who saw this game as a rediculous upset, which it was, and voted for it because they know it best. Now granted I think it is the second biggest upset of all time, bigger than the Pats Rams by far, and Broncos-Packers shouldnt even be on the list....

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It would appear that SB XLII has an insurmountable lead. It is wrong, but it is what it is - the vote was obviously jaded by a lot of people who are not historians of the game.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I don't look at SB 3 as the biggest upset in NFL history because the leagues didn't play each other and nobody really had a basis for comparrison other than the Two Green Bay wins. The fact is the Jets had the better team and won the game easily, nobody knew it.

I would say the Pats over the Rams and than the Giants over the Pats would be the biggest upset based on reasonable knowledge of the teams under roughly the same competitive conditions.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have to disagree WB. If you were to take a College team and Played the Giants right now and the College team won would that not be an upset?

Well that was the perception since the AFL was considered a reject league, 2nd Tier, Inferior, whatever you wanna call it.
    It was a Different League.

We're talking about upsets and IMO for a perceived 2nd class League to not only defeat the NFL but back then the NFL's elite in Unitas (yeah injured) & the Colts was still the greatest upset of all time.

Remember, The Giants had a Chance and what no one here or anywhere mentions is that they beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the League to get to the SB.In their House! You gotta be good to do that!

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I was just driving home and Ernie Accorsi was on Michael Kay talking about the Giants or Jets as the biggest upset. Accorsi says that the entire Jets team thought they were better before the game and Lombardi said any team with Joe Namath as the QB can't be a 17 point dog. The funny thing is people thought the line would change because of Lombardi's comments but the comment in Vegas was the only way Lombardi can change the line is based on how much he puts down.

11. skipper

skipper Member

Hey, a few of us are!!!!!!

No offense taken though, cuz you're right.

12. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

We as Jets fans really love are hatred for certain teams. The Dolphins for obvious reasons. The Pats for obius reasons and the Giants for theses reasons: We are Roomate at the meadowlands ; how many people have lived with a roomate that you hated by the time they or you moved out. We share a stadium that its basically theirs. We are cooncidered in some circles as the second team in New York That plays in New Jersey! But I dont think theres one persson on this board that wasnt cheering them on to have what we have today. Something to be happy about ! 18-1

13. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

it's hard to hate on these Giants and Eli..etc.... they won..fair and square and did US Jet fans a favor being ruining the Pats Perfect season....

They had shirts already printed up that said "Perfect" with the Patriot logo..instead of the word Patriots....KARMA...
    Any PATS fan....is probably suicidal at the moment..and I love it!

14. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

I'm sick of hearing about this, screw the NFL, if they actually think the Giants win is bigger then they are morons, I voted on that poll and it was like 72% in favor the Giants, I guess the Jets are hated all over th country? SB3 is a no brainer, itwas and will always be the biggest upset, least ESPN agrees with us.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The only reason why its winning is because it just happened... and its fans voting... fans, meaning the entire football community, including some of us-- are retarded, and do not know the truth of what has been and still is established as the greatest upset of all time...wait a few weeks and it may be #2 or #3, but not the best SB upset.

16. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

This year was the biggest upset in history, hands down. Pats were a 12 point favorite and I consider them to be the greatest football team in history. That being said, I hate them with a passion and was happy to be a Giants fan for a day.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

hey if the semi pro 'wild stampeders' from barcelona spain came to america and beat the 18-0 patriots in this sb, then we could compare this win to 'the jets who?' besting the jogernat colts in sb3. that's pretty much what is was like.