The Giants winning is probably worse for us Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Salz, Feb 3, 2008.

1. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I had fun, F the Pats.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I would think anything.com attracts a crowd too young to remember SB III.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I have never heard anyone say they were embarrassed by other peoples words or actions as much as you say it. Are you really that insecure a person in real life? or just your internet persona?

4. boomer

boomer Active Member

What makes me sick is whiney, bitter fans like you who are so hostile to a team we play once every four years. If you ask me, Giant fans are much classier than Jet fans on the whole, and it's because of fans like you. I generally tend to pull for NY teams after my team has been eliminated anyway regardless of who they're playing, and that includes the Giants, Mets, Devils, etc. I don't think I'm less of a fan because of it and I don't expect all NY fans to think alike and I certainly DON'T give a shit what crybabies like you think of it. And don't you dare question our credibility as fans when you were apparently rooting for the Patriots? I rest my case right there.

5. boomer

boomer Active Member

Don't take it so seriously, it just happened last night. Over time, the excitement will die down and many people will probably think differently.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

No offense, but that's a lot easier to say in Swiftwater, Pa than it is when you live here and have the Giants shoved up your ass all year.

7. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Most Jet fans I talked to, were rooting for the Pats to lose more then the Giants to win.

8. stech

stech Member

I can't speak of what its like being a Jets fan and dealing with the misery of the cross-town team winning, but I sure know what its like living and working amongst the arrogant Patriots Nation. All season long I've endured the slap-happy, boastful jerk-off fest of Patriots fans.

I can?t tell you the sickening level of arrogance that these people have demonstrated, about the predictions of how many point / yards / touchdowns etc they?d score in each game. Everyone up here, the fans, the TV, print and radio media, anointed them as God?s chosen team and handed the Lombardi Trophy several months ago.

Not only seeing them lose, but their offense getting shut down to the extent that they did was glorious. Endless scores of douche bag Patriots fans can no longer gloat as the humble pie that they?re eating is going down hard. Almost as hard as they?ve been going down on Brady?

This is a great day indeed!

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I actually started out as a Giants fan till my father got a hold of me and made me a Jets fan at age 5. I still wore some Giants shirts (including a 1986 Super Bowl Champions one) up till about age 10. (I do have pictures.)

I was 11 years old in 1988 and by this time I hated the Giants. I couldn't stomach the 1990 team, even though they did beat the annoying 49ers in the NFC title game.
    I was geeked up on Halloween 1993.
    I went to the Jets-Giants preseason games in 1986, 1987, and 1994. I was very pumped up for those games.
    The 1996 game was just another game.

Something happened between the 1994 preseason game and the 1996 game. I had gone from a high school student to a college student in that time frame. Maybe I just got smarter and realized the rivalry was really between Giants and Jets fans and that I wasn't going to let Giants fans bug me anymore. Or maybe more to the point was that Giants fans had not bugged me since 1991. That's probably what it was. I think the 1991 regular season was the last time I ever had Giants fans give me a hard time.

My problem was and still is faggot ass Cowboys fans. These gutless bastards come out of the woodwork in New Jersey whenever the team is good. I saw plenty of these asswipes this past season. Where were they the previous decade?

Well, I fit your criteria-
    I grew up here in the 1980s
    I live here
    I have attended Jets home games and three of them have been games against the Giants (of course, technically the Jets were the home team in only one of those games- I think), albeit preseason ones, but we do know those games attract a rowdier crowd, so there is that.

and I don't have a major problem with the Giants beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Dallas beating them would have been far worse.

I don't have a problem with the Giants organization or the owners. The Cowboys, on the other hand, have an asshole for an owner. Also, I hate the "America's Team" and "the roof has a hole in it so God can watch his favorite team" nonsense.

The Jets problem is not the Giants. The Jets problem is the Jets. The franchise cannot get out of its own way. The Jets are a joke. They are the equivalent of a hamster running in a wheel. The Jets have a stupid look on their face and they're going nowhere. The Jets give me no reason to be proud of them. They are regularly a disgrace.

#89 Cakes, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  10. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I know how you feel about cowboy fans. Those aren't real fans. They're badwagoners who jump ship. Theres a bunch here in S.fla. Teams like the steeler,packers,cowboys, and Patriots have a boatload of those with absolutely no ties to those cities. They just choose a team that's winning at that time, and run with it. Most Patriot fans, will be fans of different teams over the next 5 years when they stop winning and some one else picks up the slack. Those bandwagon jumpers are mostly the ones who give fans of teams like ours a hard time.

11. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Great post

I know you're a Mets fan too so I always make this comparison. Despite how crappy the Mets have been, they have done FAR more to make me proud of them than the Jets have since I became a fan. It might be different for those of you that grew up in the 80s, because I missed some damn good Jets teams. I love talking about the Mets with my buddies (even after the collapse last year) but I always get aggravated when I talk about the Jets. How can a franchise be so futile? At least the Mets made it to the World Series in this decade. The Jets haven't even been to the damn game in most of our lifetimes, that's pathetic.

I am slightly envious of the Giants success and I've not liked them my whole life (I still remember in 1st grade I was ticked that Buffalo lost!). However, I'm not letting that envy get in the way of hating what is absolutely one of the most classless organizations in sports in the New England Patriots.

I will smile everytime Jim Nantz or some of the other CBS Pats homers bring up the failure of the Pats next year. Sure, they'll probably be making fun of the Jets (who will probably be on the way to a 6-10 season, baby steps people) but the anguish in New England will be worth it.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Jets truly sicken me. I agree with you about the Mets. I have enjoyed rooting for them through the years for the most part. By the way, I'm slowly starting to get over The Collapse of 2007 Featuring One Third Tommy Glavine. I may make a return to the baseball forum in the not too distant future.

13. boomer

boomer Active Member

I see what your getting at. But in case you didn't know, northeast PA is heavily populated with New York sports fans of all varieties. More so than even Philly fans. I may not come across as many as one would in NYC, but the fact is I still do with many at work, school, home etc. Plenty of them. Even if so many are relentless as you say they are, is it any worse than experiencing it the the billions of born-again New England fans and ESPN? If the Mets played the Red Sox in the Series, you bet your ass I would be bleeding orange that week. Probably even if they would play some other AL team, despite with the certain bragging that would follow. It just doesn't bother me as much as others I guess.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I know what you're saying about the bandwagon jumpers. However, there is just something different about the Cowboys ones. I experienced it in the early-to-mid 1990s and once again in 2006 and 2007. They tend to be highly obnoxious and they pop up all over the place.
    Steelers, Packers, Patriots, 49ers bandwagon jumpers aren't as bad and there were never as many of them.

15. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

nothing would have been worse than the PATS winning......they ran up scores all year long (when they could) went for their precious TD records etc. etc...

KARMA has bitten them hard in the ass!....

IF SAtan was playing NE..or a convicted Mass Murderer...I would still root against NE..and for WHoever played them...
    I am happy NE lost...
    the Giants earned it fair and square....

16. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Member

Brother I'm in Texas now and I feel your pain with Cowboys fans. They're more here and its worse. All of a sudden you see "Stars" on stickers on the cars out of nowhere. Clothing for the Cowboys shoved up our asses in every store and mall you go to. They ARE the worse of the wagon jumpers. They pretend like they were there for all their successes and are quick to hit you with....

We STILL GOT 5 Titles Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

17. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

THe Giants winning was great for me & N.Y.

18. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

Heres an example of bandwagon jumpers: Where are all the Chicago Bulls fans from the 90's when Jordan lead them to 6 championships? You just don't see them anymore, Oops! I'm sorry, Yeah you do. There the ones rooting for the Celtics now.

19. N.Y. Johnny

N.Y. Johnny Member

Bulls then the Lakers...for some reason they never supported San Antonio...haha, but yes now definitely PROUD LONG TIME CELTIC fans....please. You could go in and throw lawn darts in the Fleet Center and hit nothing now they fight for a ticket.

In baseball they're all sporting "B" for Boston.

20. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

18-1 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I would never say how great it was for the Pats to be an 18-1 team. How great is that? LOL!!!!

No one was a bigger Giants fan than me yesterday. As a matter of fact, until this team, the Jets, actually does something to look like a real NFL team, I will be rooting for the Giants. After almost 40 years of being a Jets fan, I never thought I would say that. The Giants really showed me something this year. Our team showed me nothing but the same old crap! :sad: