NFLDC Updated Mock has us taking 3 OL first three out of first four picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Mar 27, 2006.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

First round D'Brick and Carpenter, 2nd Mangold 3rd O'Callaghan. Scott Wright is one of the best draft forecasters out there, and if this happened it would be terrible. I would be very happy with Mangold in round 2 and O'Callaghan in round 3, but that's all the OL we need because that fill the need at center and RT. I don't like the D'Brick pick, especially with us getting O'Callaghan later on, and O'Callaghans a RT while D'Bricks a LT. We already have a solid LT in Jones, so I don't want D'Brick unless we're not going to take a tackle later on. Jones seemed really uncomfortable on the right side last year, so I think we should keep him on the left. Carpenter would be an OK pick but I think we can get him round 2 and if not there are other good LBs we can get in round 2 like Lawson and Ryans, who I prefer over Carpenter. I'd also be very mad if we passed on Maroney.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Edit: screwed up the title, but I can't edit it.

2. PinPointPenning10

I know there's a thread on this, I just wanted to get some opinions on what they would think if the draft went like this because Wright's one of the best our there.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Replace Ferguson with a skill player, and I would LOVE that draft.

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Hawk

I could deal with AJ Hawk at #4 if we got Mangold and O'Callaghan, but getting D'Brick too wouldn't bother me.

5. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I like this draft, but mainly because of the last 3 picks. I would most likely pick Super Mario over D'Brick, or Hawk at 4 and then Maroney at 29. I wouldn't mind this draft though.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Taking D'Brick over a defensive stud (Williams or Hawk) wouldn't thrill me but if this prediction were to come through and these players are as good as forecast the Jets would be set at OL for years to come.....

Carpenter in round two would be a great addition.....

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I still think we're taking Leinart or Cutler at 4. After that, I agree.... O line.

8. mudman

mudman New Member

I am a little confused by the mock. We have the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Why are we picking 3rd overall in the 2nd round (#35)?
    Why are we picking 7th overall in the 3rd round (#71)?

9. mudman

mudman New Member

A little help?

10. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Bleh, awful. Ferguson is a waste of a pick. Jones is our LT and is doing a fine job. Don't replace a position when you don't need too.

11. jets4life2880

jets4life2880 New Member

i agree that super mario is the way to go with the 4th pick, then 29th should be maroney who has tremendous upside and talent... then o line will need to be seriously adressed later in the draft.. o callaghan and mangold? agreed?

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

How about this my man?

4th overall- Jay Cutler
    29th overall- Bobby Carpenter
    35- Best available Olineman
    3rd rounder- best available offensive player...whether its a WR, RB, or TE...

13. PinPointPenning10

I agree, D'Brick would be a waste of a pick.

14. vilmaisabeast

vilmaisabeast New Member

If we got cutler at 4, picked mangold at 29 and lawson at 35 i would like this draft

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It rotates each round.

16. J-E-T-S Fan 2006

J-E-T-S Fan 2006 New Member

Draft

Because Tennessee, the Jets, Green Bay, San Fran and Oakland all had the same record, it goes to a tiebreaker based on opponent's records. That's why we have the #4 pick. It then rotates each round, so in round 2, Tenn. moves to last of that group, the Jets move up, etc. Then in round 3, Green Bay moves up, and the Jets go to last in that group.

17. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

If D'brick can become an Orlando Pace or Johnathan Ogden type tackle then I have no problem picking him. But I don't see him being that dominant. He's good but I don't think worth that high of a pick. There are alot of good OLineman we can pick up in later rounds.

18. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

dam man do you think theres any chance that lendale or deangel would fall to the #29.. i dont see arizona taking a rb anymore and i really dont see the pats taking a rb even though ppl say they are because they have dillon and faulk i think..... i cant see the panthers as well wasting their #1 pick on a rb maby a 2nd or 3rd but well see i would love to land one of those 2 guys with the 29 but i think im reaching a little bit...

19. icecreamtruck

icecreamtruck Member

what mobius said is correct. that's the ideal draft. Mario or Hawk with the 4, then OL. OL needs to be a big priority in this draft. A good OL makes CP (or ramsey or, heaven forbid, bolly) better, and makes CMart and Houston better.

20. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

3 olineman huh.... we only need 2.. why would we get 3 olineman no way we start 3 rookies on our oline