The Giants winning is probably worse for us Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Salz, Feb 3, 2008.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Personally, I was "rooting so hard" for the Giants. In fact, I cheered for them more than I EVER cheered for a team other than the Jets in my entire life...

I did this because I don't really care about the Giants, or any cross-town rivalry, and because I absolutely despise the Patriots to where it makes my blood boil... and to see the :gpc: in the form of one the greatest Super Bowls in NFL history... it was special... not for a Jets fan in particular, but for anyone in general who is a fan of the NFL and hates the Patriots.

I think that is fairly understandable. Then again, I CAN understand how someone would hate the Giants equally if they are acquainted with asshole Giants fans who rub it in Jets fans faces... personally I don't deal with anyone like that so it is easy for me to enjoy this.

2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever cheered for another NFL team, besides the Jets, in my entire life. The Giants win is great for us, could you imagine the headlines if the Pats started off next season with a winning streak, after going 19-0?

3. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Jets were as 19 to 17 point dogs, Giants 14 to 12...Jets still #1 upset team. Period.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

For those of us who hate the Patriots with a passion, who the hell were we supposed to root hard for tonight?

The Vikings? The Jets? The Browns? Former USFL teams the Jacksonville Bulls and Denver Gold? An Arena Football League team? LSU football? The 1978 Houston Oilers featuring battering ram rookie Earl Campbell?

No, we couldn't do that. We had to root hard for the Giants for they were the team playing the Patriots tonight. It's just that simple.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Exactly Cakes.

6. ReD LiNe

ReD LiNe New Member

I was in such a high after the Giants won, I didn't know what to do, I thought the skies would start bleeding and Tsunamis were going to ingulf the world with water, it was unbelievable!

7. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Oh man, after the Giants scored on that play to Plaxi, all I could think was "So is this what it's like to root for team that won't rip my heart out and stomp on it?"

8. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

Me to! I would not have been able to sleep if a Boston team would have beat a New York team.

All my brothers,friends, and cousins called me asking if I was crossing over, I said no, I don't believe in flip flopping. Why would I change when my team is going to win SB 43? I'm cool with the Jints now, but next year will be a different story. GO JETS! :gpc::pats_suck:

9. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I agree, but do you notice how we don't get much credit for the upset in SB3?

10. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

And besides...the 68 Colts got to the Super Bowl without cheating. It would take until 1982 for Shula to cheat his way to the SB...

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Ehh, the muddy Orange Bowl is not an excuse I'm willing to use. I don't care if that field neutralized the Jets offense. They still could have won that game. That's just whining baby bullshit talk.

The Patriots screwed Don Shula and the Dolphins that year more than Shula and the Dolphins screwed the Jets. I'm talking about the snow plow incident.

12. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

for the last week and a half i was torn on who i wanted to win, but after hearing the news that the pats might have cheated against the rams in that super bowl i was no longer torn, yes i didnt want the giants to win either, but i rather have the giants win then see a bunch of cheating sons of bitches go 19-0, look we had to deal w/the giants winning a super bowl in 86 and in 90, regardless of what they do or what whoever does, we the jets still need to go and take care of bussiness

#32 ajetsfan4ever, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  13. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Fuck the Pats. The perfect season is down the tubes and now the Massholes understand what it was like to be a Yankee fan in 04 and watch a dominating situation slip down the tubes. The perfect season is tainted and nothing that a Pats fan can say about 18-0 matters because now its 18-1. Great regular season, and at the end of the day they fell juuuust short.

14. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

Well said, big win tonight G-Men, but not even close to what Broadway Joe & the 68 Jets did.

15. mst3000

mst3000 Member

It's a lose-lose situation, but just keep one thing in mind: in the fight for young, budding NY/NJ football fans, deciding which NY sports team to root for, we just lost legions of undecided 9-14 year olds to the Giants...

16. nyj55

nyj55 Member

good thing im in boston, can't think of a better place to be right now. I wish i had a camara tonight, it was priceless

17. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

the 69/70 Jets will not be topped because of Broadway Joe.....end of story
    The Giants deserve tgis and won it fair and square , hats off to them....and thanks for sticking to NE...love that...

LETS not forget how NE...Brady and Moss went for thier TD records...all season...
    aand how Belli would on a 4th and 1...with a 3 TD lead...would go for a TD or 1st down ...instead of kicking the 'traditional field goal!!!!!!!!!
    THey spitefully went for the extra TD's and points all season EVEN when they were up by several TD's....they showed little class to the other teams...WENT FOR THEIR records,,,,,,and now they themselves have had KARMA bite them in the asss....

Payback is a bitch!....

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus

18. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

Thats very true.

19. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

Dude, not trying to jump down your throat, just trying to make sense out of how you can POSSIBLY have rooted for a team that:

1. is our MOST HATED, DIVISION rival
    2. with a coach that TURNED HIS BACK ON US
    3. with a coach that has told our CURRENT HC, that taking the JETS job would be a mistake and he'd be going into a LOSING situation
    4. is a cheating a** team
    5. resides in a city full of teams LOATHED by New Yorkers in GENERAL

To root for the Patriots is tantamount to rooting for an ENEMY country to defeat the U.S. it makes no sense.

I HATE ALL BOSTON/NEW ENGLAND TEAMS...LAST NIGHT WAS JUST PERFECT FOR ME ALL THOSE F**KING SMUG A** NEW ENGLAND/BOSTON FANS ARE PROBABLY HANGING FROM A LEDGE RIGHT ABOUT NOW AND I'M JUST LOVING IT...JUMP, PLEASE!!!!

#39 ATL-JET, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  20. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I really hope you wrote that when you were drunk. So you rather give the Pats the greatest team ever title and here about it until you die than see the Giants win? Dude WTF?