As a Jets Fan , will this superbowl make you squirm?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I don't think I'm gonna watch, and if I do I'm not rooting for any team. I CANNOT root for the pats under any circumstance, and as far as the giants, forget it. The last thing I want to hear is all the damn giant fans gloating over stopping the undefeated season.

This SB sucks.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yup. Not to mention all the Yankee/Giant guys against a Jets/Mets guy. Fuck them.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Let's not forget that Giants fans know they've slipped into this SB through the kitchen. Granted, they're there and we're not, so as a Jets fan, I have no room to criticize them for the way they got there. But make no mistake that they know that. Even some of the Giants' players themselves, after the Green Bay game, were saying, "I can't believe we're going to the SB! I never thought it would happen!" Such is life in the NFC.

I think they'll get thoroughly trounced. It may even be an embarrassment. Asante Samuel and the PATs defense will probably make Eli wish he had never been born. Bill Belichick will bring plays to the table that were never seen in their last meeting. And by the time it's done, the Giants will be playing a completely different team than the one they played before. And let's not for a minute think that Randy Moss is happy with his last appearance. This is the ring he came to NE for, so expect him to burn the Giants' secondary like there's no tomorrow. If it isn't him it's Wes Welker gobbling up yards.

Yeah... the Giants will be the underdogs for sure... but isn't that what us Jets fans best relate to?

GO GIANTS!!!!

4. WhiteShoeWillis

The fact that they're going to get trounced, and they will get trounced, makes it worse. I think the Packers secondary stood a much better chance than the Giants do. All the Pats had to do was make it to the dome in Arizona. There offense was built for those conditions - see the first half of the 2007 season and the Pats offense for a reference.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Truthfully, what NFC team was going to match up? Maybe the Dallas Crybabies on their best day, with Tony Romo at his best and TO kicking ass? Otherwise, I see your point about the Packers' secondary, but I never saw them beating the PATs and certainly not the Giants.

The best I can hope for is for Michael Strahan to tear out Brady's right ACL and hold it up to the camera with that big-gapped smile of his.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

This is what I'm rooting for now. Do you think Vegas has odds for this?

7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

The entire playoffs has been disappointing to say the least. All the dogs won except those who played New England. I remember how we were hoping for a Dallas vs Green Bay matchup and Indy vs New England matchup but instead we got the Giants and the gimped Bolts.

But hey it's one game, anything can happen. Go Giants!

8. Section 227. Row 5

I totally agree. Didn't it seem like the outcomes of all the playoff games seemed to somehow completely fall into the hands of the Patriots in some divine way?

I mean, it was like, God was there... overlooking the football fields... and, well...

"Let's have a fumble recovery here and an overturned challenge there... make this field goal miss and the other one go thru the uprights. How about we injure the Chargers and somehow convincingly eliminate the Cowboys and make TO cry even, on the podium. Then we'll annoint Elijah Manning the King of the NFC and bring him to the temple and have him kneel at the foot of the Lord of Superbowls before eliminating his team to the true son of God ..., Bill Belichick!"

Every damned thing that can go their way does.

Honest to Jesus, it's like the Patriots have a f@cking angel in their FO.

9. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Or maybe Brady or Belly did a little soul sellin

10. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I don't particularly want the Giants to win, but I would love for the Pats to lose...So go Giants!

11. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

After reading some posts and thinking it through, as a die hard Yankees fan, there is no way in hell I will root for a Boston team to beat a New York team. I would hate for Boston fanatics to have that satisfaction. I want them to lose, even if it takes the jints to beat'em. I'll be a Giants fan for a day. Go Giants!

12. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

This Super Bowl is allegorical of the last, say, 5 or 6 Presidential elections. I have to go with the least undesirable candidate, which it pains me to say, are the Giants.

Meh.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm debating if I'm even going to watch it. I may opt for a Reno 911! marathon.

14. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

prolly rooting for Pats. to many a-hole g-men fan's in the tristate area to make you vomit. - between the 2nd class treatment, boasting sports radio shows and headlines, it's a wonder NY even knows they have another football team.

F the Giants! Go Tornado!

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

For me, it is not so much about the Giants winning as the Patriots losing. If the Patriots lose the Super Bowl it would be one of the few bright spots in this football season.

I don't know if anyone remembers Jerry Jone's face as the seconds ticked off in Dallas, but it was priceless. He looked like he was having serious heartburn.

That is exactly what I want to see on Kraft's face. The look of helplessness. I want to see Bellichick scowl and storm off the field not even recognizing Coughlin at the end of the game like the poor sportsman he his.

I will be a Giant fan for 4 hours on SB Sunday. After that it is back to the Jets and hopes of a much better year in 2008.

P.S. I guess you can tell I don't like the Pats very much. Too bad they don't have JMac, Adrian Clark and Clement on their team - it is what Brady deserves.

#55 GreenHornet, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Its a lose - lose situation whatever way you look at it. Someone must have it in for us Jet fans!

17. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

the Giants/GB game was incredible...and I am a Jets fan..season ticket holder..
    But I was rotting for them..they go into below 0 degrees and beat GB..a gritty performance...ever since the Giants beat Dallas I have been rooting for them...
    I would love to see NE lose....that would be great to see their faces as the GIants win and ruin their perfect season....I HATE NE..Boston..anything associated with it...Life Long Yankees fan too....this would be payback from the RedSox upset a few yrs back...

plus would love to see Bellichick's face..if they lost...would be priceless....

18. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

yes belichecks face would be awesome but i think Giants fans faces would be WAYY worse than what belicheck does, could you even imagine the gloating, not only did you win a upset in the Superbowl but they would beat argueably the greatest team of all time,and then i think i would get crushed by the giants bandwagon

19. Section 227. Row 5

The Giants will have to luck themselves into a win over the Patriots, let's face it. And they'll know it too. And if they don't, I'll remind them, believe me, and so should you.

Come on now. Let's be real. I can see an AFC East guy possibly rooting for another AFC East team that hasn't screwed with us... maybe like the Bills, for example, but how the hell can any AFC East guy ever, in a million years, root for a team like the Patriots?

Good God Almighty, that is totally beyond me.

20. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

I'm gonna be watching the game from a friend's house who is a Patiots fan. This dude has converted his basement into a Patriots shrine...It really is AWESOME ...you gotta give him credit for being an ultimate fan .....Blue walls, patriots wall border, Patriots neon sign on the wall...almost any Patriots memorabilia you can think of, fully loaded patriots bar...57 inch plasma with surround sound...good stuff if you're into PATS SH**T!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'll be sitting there with him (wearing my NAMATH jersey) and a DOLPHINS FAN for christ sake!!!!! I'm kinda torn on this- I don't hate NE and I wanna pull for the AFC but then again......GO ELI!!!!...GIANTS in an upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!