POLL:if Jints vs. Pats in superbowl (this Jet fan will root for Pats)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ROCKJET, Jan 14, 2008.

1. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

My brother... Ill be rooting for the giants all the way.

2. skipper

skipper Member

Much as the Giants piss me off, I currently dislike the Pats even more. Either way, I won't be watching the game. Not much use in watching a game where you want both teams to lose. All you get is acida. If Green Bay is playing, on the other hand, I'll have someone to cheer for, not really because I love them, but because I have nothing against them

3. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I for one will be rooting for anyone that plays the Pats. The Redsux won the series, the New England Revolution almost won the MLS cup or whatever they call their championship. The Celtics look awsome and could win the NBA Championship. Anyone but the Pats. If they win the could sweep the major sports.

This can not happen.....

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oh hell no. I'd never root for New England.

The thing we have to remember in all of this is that Giants fans are just Jets fans that got dropped on their head accidentally at birth. :)

#45 Br4d, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I will be rooting for GB against the Giants. It is not really because I don't like the Giants, but I have always thought highly of Favre. At 37, he is not going to get many more chances to go this far, and I think the Pack has a better chance of beating NE than the NYG.

The game at GB this Sunday is going to be very cold; somewhere around 0 - 5. I think that favors the Packers. Even though I think Lambeau is now a heated field so it will not be too frozen; I think the air temperature takes a toll on Manning.

One thing is certain; Favre won't be laying down for Strahan in this match up.

P.S. If the Pack ever plays the Jets then it is a no-brainer on who I am rooting for.

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have nothing against the Giants, so I will definitely root for the Giants in this scenario. As for the thought that the Giants winning would be the biggest upset eclipsing SB3. There is too much historical impact to allow that to happen.

7. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

You don't know? And you live in Monmouth County. They are the largest fanbase in the NY Metropolitan area. Maybe you don't have a lot of vaGiants fans as friends, or maybe they are more civil. For me, from a large family of Gmen fans and living in an area with a lot of giant fans, i am constantly reminded of the 3 super bowls they've been in since '85 (jets, not since Namaith), J-E-T-S Sucks Sucks Sucks and all sorts of other ribbing & other BS.

Why do Mets fans hate Yankee fan's? Same goes for Jets/Giants.

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

With the exception of fan interaction, there isn't any other than bragging rights.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm a Mets fan and have no hate for Yankee fans in fact I root for them and would love to see a few more Subway series. I would love to see the Jets and Giants build perinal contenders and get deep into the playoffs and maybe play in a few Superbowls against each other. It would be fun and the entire area would be totally into it. I want the Jets to do well but when it comes to sport misery loves company seems a lot like sour grapes.

10. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

From week 10 on, all I have cared about (and all I will care about for the rest of the season) is whether or not the Pats lose.

If they win out, I will be beyond depressed.

The problem is, I think the two teams that had a legitimate shot at beating them just got bounced.

My life is misery...

11. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Not even close in my eyes. The Mets and Yanks play 6 times every year, not once every 3.:pats_suck:

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Screw the Pats. We lose either way though. The Giants would prove yet again why the Jets are truly second class citizens, or the Pats would be the greatest team of all time. It's a miserable scenario all the way around.

13. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

ONE thing to take into consideration.. I hate NE too....would love to see them lose as well..at any cost..
    BUT ..I would really love to see those Dolphins..anmd Shula..etc....lose their undefeated season record..and share it...I hate Miami too....

See NE lose...or see Miami's record matched...so they can't celebrate every year no one is undefeated and wins a superbowl too?
    it's a tough call.................

14. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

I completely agree, and feel the same way. I hate New England, especially since I'm a Yanks fan, but since I live in Miami I hate the dolphins more. I would love to see that Dolphin record broken. Due to the legnth of the season in today's game, It wouldn't be matched, It would be broken. I would love it, even if it takes the pats to do it. I would never have to hear the dolfans brag about being the only undefeated team ever in the nfl. I also wouldn't like the giants to win, because it would take that much longer for the jets to gain there bragging rights in the tri-state area. What we jets fans get from dolfans here in south florida, jets fans get from giants fans in NYC.

#55 pimentel79, Jan 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  15. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

I agree it's a double sided sword.... if NE wins it sucks.... But it menas the Dolphins record is finally broken...those bastards..I remember Shula and his Mud Bowl..that cost us a AFC championship.....payback for whiny Shula....

it will be bitter sweet....the silver lining is..Dolphin fans..are def. rooting against NE ...100% of them....so if NE wins..it would be a big...loss for them....
    the Jets r so screwed up..doesn't matter who wins or loses at this point...
    I just want someone to suffer as well.....MISERY LOVES COMPANY

16. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Yeah, there is no way I'm rooting for the Pats. In fact, I'll be rooting hard for the Giants. Being a Jets fan I don't hate the Giants as much as I hate the Yankees being a Mets fan.

I think the Giants has a good shot on beating the Packers. If Eli doesn't make any mistakes and there isn't any turnovers and a few big plays and drivers here and there, the Giants will win.

I would love to see Brady, Belichick, and Kraft's face when they went 18-0 just to lose in the SB.

17. pimentel79

pimentel79 Member

You nailed it right on the head, no other words can describe it better than, "bitter sweet"

18. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

I hope to god that this scenario does not come true, but the sad part is im forced to root for the giants to win because they are my only hope to win my football pool, but if it was the Giants pats, i would root for the pats. Dude idk about you but everyone that lives by me has firmly jumped on the giants bandwagon and the gloating that would take place after a giants upset would be enough to make me throw up

19. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

yup...us Jet fans are in a lose- lose situation