I feel awful

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm with you and 314 on this. I don't find any pleasure in hating on the Giants, but nor do I root for them either. In fact, they can kiss my ass.

Just call it too many bitter memories of Giants fans rubbing their Bill Parcells-Phil Simms superbowls in my face and the whole Phil McConkie towel-waving bullshit while we suffered as the usual (in their minds) second-class citizens we've been since 1969. I've also had a lot of Giants fans "remind" me umpteen times over the years that we don't have our own stadium and that we're their tenants, proof-positive in their smug, holier-than-thou, hoity-toity, snobbish world that we've always been destined to take a back seat to them in NY.

And I've always resented their ridiculous game-day Nordstroms penny-loafers and cardigan sweater attire, this while sipping their pre-game Pinot Grigio and sampling their bacon-wrapped scallops appetizers. Give me a rowdy Jets fan any day with his beer and hot dogs.

I was there the day we spoiled the Giants' chances and believe me, nothing was more enjoyable than to be a spoilder for these pompous asses. I sat next to a fancily-dressed lady in her blue and white attire. Her wealthy and equaly as pompous husband sat next to her wearing a ridiculous pair of red Tommy Bahama golf trousers.

So after the Jets beat them and eliminated the Giants from the playoffs, the woman turns to me and says, "I don't understand! Why did the Jets do that to us? They have nothing to gain becuase they're not going to the playoffs, so why did they have to ruin it for us?"

I just looked at her and said, "You've got to be shitting me, lady."

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I enjoyed the Giants win and called it.... hey I had more faith in the Giants than most Giant fans like that Cartman dude...

I like Eli - Guy takes WAYYY too much heat in NY .. guy is in year 4 of an NFL Qb, I could only hope the Jets find such as QB.....

I like Coughlin- Even when Giant fans and everyone else was throwing him under the bus...

I always hated Tiki and knew Shockey was overrated... Gone.

I'm A FOOTBALL fan..... This Giant team isn't that hateable....

And really i don't know too many Giant fans personally that are obnoxious so, that doesn't effect me...

I'm enough of a fan of the game to appreciate and enjoy the Giants...

It's not like it's the Pats and all those New England Tools. Or even Mets fans all over the airwaves that make everything a comparison to the Yankees and "taking over NY'

3. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

As a Kid I rooted for the Jets ; but my older brothers were and are Giants fans. I tell ya the truth I didint have much to root for so I joined in when the Giants went to the super bowls with my brothers and wished them well. Who didnt in N.Y. during those time all we had was the Giants. The knicks made the playoffs like 100 times but went no where . The rangers won (93)during that time But after The last Giants Super bowl victory (90).
    The Yankee's were always a series or a bad year away from the world series. So as a New york fan what else was there? But dont worry I think brett Farve is Playing a cinderella Season kind of like Elway in his final year.! New England Vs. Green bay Packers 1996 revisited.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Awesome. :up:

1988 was the year of revenge for me, I was at Marist College amongst some of the most insufferable New York fans there are. First my Devils came out of nowhere, beat the Rangers out for the last playoff spot on the final night of the season, then beat the Islanders in the first round in six games. Then the Dodgers, after losing 10 of 11 to the Mets in the regular season, beat them in 7 in the NLCS and went on to upset the A's and win the World Series. To cap it off the Jets ruined the Giants' season. I've had better years as a sports fan, but none as gratifying on such a personal level in terms of the people I was around at the time.

5. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

I hate the Pats...especially this year.....
    I am glad Dallas lost...even though the Giants won..I hate Dallas....

I wanted the Giants to lose last week against Tampa..that would have been total death for Giant fans..., now since they won..they are playing with house money..so I rooted for them yesterday to beat Dallas..cos I wanted Dalls fans to feel the 'pain' like we Jet fans do...

I would love to see NE lose ....would prefer it be to another team instead of the Giants...
    BUT if the Giants are facing them, I would root heavily for Giants...I HATE NE

this would surpass 68/69 Jets..but would be the ultimate Death for all NE fans.
    my feeling is, we can't live forever in the past and hold onto that one special year....when I was 3 years old anyways....
    I HATE NE and Dallas

p.s.
    also no Tiki this year..I Hated him..now since he is gone, I can root for Giants...I don't hate any Giant player..well, Shockey a little bit..but he's not playing..

6. rillo

rillo New Member

I was rooting for the Giants..but this week i'll be rooting for the Pack. I'll be sick with a Pats/Giants Superbowl.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I will take my Giant hate to another level and really piss you guys off. Pats/Giants super bowl and I am rooting for the Pats, not even close and I am entering my 28th year as a season ticket holder for the jets. You root for the Giants then you must work from home, live somewhere else or you are a closet Giant fan.

8. Italian Seafood

That helps, but I picked up my Post this morning and there was Strahan. That piece of shit makes it impossible to root for the Giants. Having said that, fuck the Barber brothers, too. That was the silver lining in them beating Tampa, there is no silver lining in them beating Dallas.

9. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

it's not that I am rooting for the Giants..as much as I am..rooting against the PATS....I want NE to lose at any cost.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

No way pal, this is where I draw the line!

I dislike the Giants but I absolutely despise New England. If it's a Pats/Giants superbowl, I want Michael Strahan to rip Tom Brady's head off!

11. Italian Seafood

I'm with you there, but I'm still kind of torn because I also hate those old Dolphins and I've wanted their record to fall my whole life. The old rock and a hard place.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This is retarded. Would a Yankees fan root for the Sox to beat the Mets in the World Series? That's what this equates to.

13. Italian Seafood

Well we know Brady at least won't take a dive to make that gap-toothed clown a fucking hero.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Id root for the Pats, no question about it. Hopefully it wont come to that. Go Pack!

15. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

screw the giants i'm pulling for the pack! that would be a story book ending to this season if the immortal brett favre takes down the evil pats in the superbowl. damn that sounds like a good movie...

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Good analogy...how any local sports fan can root for a team from boston is beyond me.:drunk:

17. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

I am a big Jet fan, Sunday you can find me in front of TV cussing the Jets as they disappoint/piss me off yet again, But I'll be there again the next Sunday.

I guess living in another city makes it easier to root for the Giants, because after all they are from NY/NJ area and it gives me reason to bust the balls of the people I work with.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am a hardcore Yankee fan and rooted for Sox. I live with Met and Giant fans, not Pats and Sox. My hate for the local teams goes back to when I was 6. What can I tell ya

19. stevesaks

stevesaks New Member

agreed..would LOve to see Favre..beat Pats and Brady....

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets are really bad over a period of several years and also charging PSL's it'll do two things:

1. Clear out the waiting list.

2. Begin the Jets blackouts.

We're in a period now where the Jets really need to draw fans for the next half decade or so. Woody has roots in LA.