One Hell of a QB Mess

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Section 227. Row 5, Jan 3, 2008.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Put Brady and Moss on the Jets right now and we win 11 to 13 games.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We have been waiting for a Championship since 69 and your post and attitude proves why. We can't rebuild we can only retool for a first round one and done playoff loss ever so years.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

Having it to me is the team being in every game he started except for Dallas despite the rest of his supporting cast. Peyton Manning has had Marvin Harrison to throw to for years and Kellen gets Wallace Wright and Brad Im not a receiver Smith. Chad played with Coles and his whole starting unit for 8 games and did nothing. Kellen played with less and was 3-4.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

With our offensive line we might finish 8-8!

5. BossHogg

BossHogg New Member

Give Clemens a full offseason as the #1. I need to see some more of him before I can him! As for other QB's I think Chad should go. Draft Ainge or Flacco or sign a guy like Grossman. Sometimes guys leave one team where they have struggled, go to another team and turn their fortunes around. Grossman has the skills just doesn't make the best decisions.
    DRAFT
    Picks:
    1. Gholston or Long whoever's available
    2. Crable
    3. Mendenhall
    4. Flacco or Ainge
    5. OL or DL
    6 and 7 same as 5
    Hopefully with our 5th thru 7th rd picks we find a diamond in the rough.
    We should try to get OL help thru free agency, we need some proven offensive linemen.

#125 BossHogg, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Winston,

That doesn't answer my question. Clemens is a half season Vet, and Brady is 2 time SB MVP. Coles is no Moss. Also, I don't agree that those two alone would change the team that much.

#126 wildaces, Jan 6, 2008
  7. winstonbiggs

I think our team needs a lot of improvement but unlike many I also believe with better QB and WR play this team wins 8 to 10 games. With Brady and Moss we probably win 11 to 13 games. Those are two big upgrades you are talking about. The league isn't that good and bad QB play has a lot to do with a lot of close losses.

I'm not pointing fingers at Clemens but the guy didn't show much other than a few flashes. I would have preferred a guy who looked cool and calm and threw 10 more INT's to the guy that looked out of control in the last game against a bad opponent. We have no choice but to be patient but we should bring in another veteran to compete and draft a project this year.

8. JetsLookingforDWare

My post was purely tongue in check.

I can't stand the NY/NJ areas impatience.

9. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Just saw Charlie Casserly on CBS say he confirmed that Chad is back with the Jets next season

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I normally agree with many of your posts but disagree on this one.

Moss could probably get open once in awhile after being knocked around coming off our dismal line, but Brady would be scrambling for his life with zero protection, just like Clemens and Pennington.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not a chance.

Give us the New England offensive line and our QB's and wide receivers and we might win 10 though.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This is far more true than replacing Brady and Moss on our team and looking to win. The issue is on the line, not with the cast around the line. I saw how average Brady can really look this year with a pass rush in his face all day. If it weren't for the other couple of teams choking down the stretch and turning over the ball the Pats would not have gone undefeated.

13. winstonbiggs

With a little better QB play not significantly better along with the most prolific WR maybe in NFL history this team beats Buffalo 2, Cleveland, TN, Philadelphia, Washington, Baltimore. That's 11 right there without the Giants. Brady and Moss are in a totally different class than any players on the Jets. If you don't think adding two HOF caliber players to our O wouldn't have made a significant difference in this season what's the point?

#133 winstonbiggs, Jan 6, 2008
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And he did this by putting The Wayback Machine in reverse and looking at Sept 9th 2008?

Never trust anything that anybody says after confirming with a "source". Never trust anything that a "source" says openly.

Trust rosters on opening day.

Think Pete Kendall when you mull this general theme over in your mind.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

:rofl2: I don't know what's worse, champ's "solution" or you thinking that's a solution.

But let's break it down, shall we?

This is pure nonsense. The offense is the offense, they didn't put it in for Chad. They came in and had an open camp to see who could best run it--including Clemens--Chad won the job. As we've discussed, if there are plays specifically for Brad Smith, there certainly are plays for Clemens. Considering they drafted him and he's been in the offense since day one, just like Chad and Brad, I doubt they are just now getting around to putting plays in for Clemens heading into year 3.

Unless champ is saying get a whole new OC/offense, but I can't tell as I really only understand English.

Ok, he's saying upgrade the O-line. Fair enough, but at this point that is like saying we wear white and green helmets.

Coles and Cotchery have proven to be them type WRs that can break big plays, that is when they aren't being badly underthrown and having their ankles rolled up on.

So I take from champ's all-inclusive plan here that he is completely satisfied with our defense and that the entire problem was Chad Pennington. You can't get insight like this anywhere else, folks.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You really do suprise me with your lack of FB knowledge. This last one has to rank right up there with the worst from you. Every OC installs a O to fit his starting QB & last year that is one CP. Then the CS decided that CP was not the answer so they installed KC as the new QB. Now since we all know that CP lacks the power arm a O was installed last TC to be the dink & dunk to accommodate CP weak arms. Now when the change occurred to a strong QB who can throw the ball to the sidelines & D/field the O was still designed for CP. So to see if KC has the goods you need to redesign the O to fit KC strengths not CP strenghts + get him strong game breaking D/field WRS. AS we are talking of the QB here unless you are saying that KC should be playing D then the D is not up for discussion in this thread. Got it now?

17. Italian Seafood

Yeah, I got that you have no idea what you are talking about. You're saying the coaching staff came here and drafted Clemens, then over the span of almost two seasons left themselves totally unprepared for the possibility that he would enter a game. Yet at the same time they managed to design a whole package of plays for Brad Smith, who isn't even a QB. Sorry man, I think you're making excuses for the fact that Clemens didn't run the offense as well as we hoped he would.

18. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Keep Pennington and open up a competition in training camp. I think the smarter QB will win.

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

The more I think about this "offense was designed for Pennington" argument the more I think it is nonsense. West Coast offenses have included all passing ranges, short, medium, or deep. The offense has been run by both mobile and immobile QB's over the years. I really don't think they need to scrap the OC or the offensive scheme just to tailor fit it to whoever is starting. You would think the play calling would change, and perhaps it will with some more development of Clemens and MOST importantly the revampification of the offensive line.

And yes, I realize there is no such word as revampification. :smile:

20. Italian Seafood

In Jetland there is.