Baker wants to finish his career with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Jan 1, 2008.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've always been a Baker fan. I've said all along, I'll take a TE like Baker, who can catch the ball consistently, and fight for YAC, with mediocre blocking than a guy like Becht, who could block very well, but wore cement gloves to games.

I thought I read on this board that Baker had already been extended before this season started though. I can't figure out who I have him confused with. (I know we resigned BT during the offseason, but wasn't someone renegotiated in camp?)

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We just restructured his deal to pay him up front for the last 2 years of his contract. He already got that money. Now he wants a new deal, which would throw away the entire point of paying for 2008 and 2009 up front in the first place? What gives?

With that said I'd like to see him around for another 5 years.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I think because he recently (a few weeks ago) got an extension (which is the 2 years left), Baker can't have his contract even more extended this Off Season. I believe he'll have to wait a year before it can be reconstructed yet again. (I read that somewhere online, I forget where though).

Still, I would like Baker to remain a Jet for the rest of his career.

4. BossHogg

BossHogg New Member

Sign Baker, trade Coles!