NYJ/KC - Draft Positioning Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Dec 23, 2007.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Nevermind...I'm a dope. I misread my own spreadsheet.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Divisional and COnference records do not come into play if the tied teams are in different conferences.

It's a coinflip, assuming you get past opponent strength of record.

3. willyot

willyot New Member

Not sure why nobody has an official list out. I am confused.

#163 willyot, Dec 30, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  4. phatnols

phatnols Member

It doesnt matter we are the 6th pick

5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Honestly, who gives a shit?

We have two of the top 10 rooks and we got them at 17 and in the 2nd round. Tanenbaum and Mangini have their flaws but they are money on draft day. Wherever we pick, I'm sure we'll be fine.

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No.

I was mistaken. I miscounted by 1.

We're 6th.

7. MCFADDENJETS07

I can see 2 qbs on the top 5 woodson or ryan or brohm... We going to have a heck of player guys!....

8. Br4d

We're not going to take a QB. No point in throwing more meat back there until we've fixed the line.

2008 is going to be Kellen Clemens sink or swim year with a 2009 1st round QB likely if he sinks and we wind up with a top 5 pick.

9. MCFADDENJETS07

I agree we shouldn't take a qb lets trade down!

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

According to the draft value chart, the difference between pick # 3 and pick # 6 is worth the # 31 overall pick in the entriee draft. We lost a great deal in next year's draft by winning this game. You could argue that the win gives us confidence and makes our team a better destination for free agents but anyone who watched this game or the rest of the season would have a hard time arguing that we looked any good at all. We just had the good fortune to play the only team in the NFL (aside from Miami) with an offensive line as bad as our own.

11. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The contention is there is a HUGE difference between pick 3 and pick 6....you decide:

2007: 3, Joe Thomas; 6, LaRon Landry (7, A. Peterson)
    2006: 3, Vince Young; 6, Vernon Davis
    2005: 3, Braylon Edwards; 6, Pac-man Jones (11, D. Ware; 12, S. Merriman)
    2004: 3, Larry Fitzgerald; 6, Kellen Winslow (7, R. Williams; 8, D. Hall)
    2003: 3, Andre Johnson; 6, Johnathon Sullivan (9, K. Williams; 10, T. Suggs; 11, M. Truffant)
    2002: 3, Joey Harrington; 6, Ryan. Simms (8, R. Williams; 11, D. Freeney)
    2001: 3, Gerard Warren; 6 Richard Seymour
    2000: 3, Chris Samuels; 6 Corey Simon (9, B. Urlacher)

I think you can get some excellent value at 6. Now not all the players selected there panned out, but you can see lot of really good ones went shortly thereafter.

DbJ

12. Br4d

Unless there's a Peyton Manning caliber prospect put there, which I do not see at the moment, the 6 pick is probably close to the most valuable pick in the draft. It has 98% of the predictability of the 1 pick at 60% of the cost.

13. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

NFL.COM has the jets listed as the 4th worst record in the league

wouldn't this translate to
    4th overall pick??

someone please clarify for me thank u.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I like it. We have excellent value at #6 and we can bet on the fact that somebody significant will be available at that pick.

The fascination with McFadden is the same oohing and aahing that went on with Bush. I just can not see how adding a running back (assuming this guy is going to be great) is immediately going to make us threats. I can think of at least 3 or 4 more important needs for this team right now. Any decent offensive lineman/men, any decent defensive lineman with size and speed, a good, big, fast WR, a good ILB (Hobson is a FA in '08).

In watching Jones along with Leon today; to me they more than proved themselves capable. Let's give them a line and these guys will be a force to be reckoned with.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Oh, I would also like to say this. We could have drafted Croyle last year and thank God we didn't. I was not impressed at all. Clemens has much more upside to him than Croyle. I would be very nervous if I were running KC and wondering if I should pin my '08 season on Croyle.

16. YankeeJetFan1206

YankeeJetFan1206 New Member

Croyle really impressed me on the TD drive. Outside of that, he looked horrible. Clemens wasn't great, but he did a better job.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Without a solid foundation no RB, QB, or WR will shine on any team regardless how great he is. Once we fill the holes in our offensive line, we'll be able to build around it. Strong NFL teams are built around strong foundations. This is fundamental, and I'm surprised more people do not get it.

18. Stanesq

Stanesq New Member

6th

The value that we lost moving from 3rd to 6th was huge. No one knows whether McFadden will pan out or not. You can rest certain that the Jets could have traded down out ofthat 3rd overall pick for two #1s plus another pick fairly easily. The 6th spot may allow them to trade down and pick up a
    3rd rounder.

Personally, I wanted DMC. The Raiders will take him. The Falcons and Dolphins SHOULD go QB. Chiefs and Rams dont need a RB, so you need a fluke for Raiders to pass on DMC. Chris Redman is not the answer in ATL, but Matt Ryan may be. While Oakland's Justin Fargas had a nice year, he is an unrestricted Free Agent who will be flying the coop. I dont see the Raiders passing on DMC unless he bombs the combine.

#178 Stanesq, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  19. mcmagic

mcmagic New Member

Our 280LB bust LT says hi.

20. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Can you speak english?