TGG's Most Disappointing Jet of 2007

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wewantsapp, Dec 28, 2007.

1. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

i can't say adrian clarke because I had no hopes for him. that one i blame on the coaching staff.

it would have to be bryan thomas. especially after hearing him say he "just realized you need to work at it every practice" or whatever, a couple of weeks ago.

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Browning Clemens

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

FYP!

Most disappointing Jet is a tough call. There are so freaking many.........

Dyson
    Smith....... like all of them.
    Thomas
    Hobson
    Clement and Clarke- Their virus infested the entire line Ferguson and Mangold included.

The entire coaching staff from Mangini on down............

4. CYensePHIction

Thomas Jones

such high expectations and all you do is turn backwards and fall at the line of scrimmage... I know the Oline sucks, but Leon did better than you... jeez I thought you would be the missing key... (sigh) dissapointment

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thomas Jones is not a pile-pushing runningback, and people looking at his arms and assuming he is deserve the disappointment they get. He's a cutback runner in the same vein at Curtis Martin, another guy who could not gain too many yards without a good offensive line. After watching the number of badly-called goal-line runs up the middle for a stuff with T. Jones, I have to vote for Lil Schott as most disappointing this season.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Probably can fit into it. She has huge boobies and I bought her the jersey large a few years back. I kind of like the Keyshawn jersey though, because it's old and tattered and been through the wars like me.

7. TampaJet

TampaJet Member

how could you win when 95% of the pass plays are no more than 7 yards. The OC and chad get my vote. chad cant throw anymore.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Bryan Thomas <

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This is something I don't think a lot of people "get". Thomas Jones is not going to get a lot of yards after first contact. He's not that type of runner.

The CMart comparison is very good. Both compact runners, with decent speed, above average moves when given some space, and both very versatile, but neither able to drive it up the gut for 10 on their legs alone.

I still like Schotty, but he had better spend the entire offseason retooling that playbook, or he won't last into January '09, and deservedly so.

10. JV51

JV51 New Member

D'Bustashaw

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I would have to say Vilma. The D improved dramatically after he went down it was awful when he was in.

12. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

Bryan Thomas, the walking sack of feces

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

all though I still support him

I'd have to say Mangini was a disappointment this year.

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

This shouldn't even be a question.

There is no doubt that our offensive line has played MUCH worse than anyone could have expected. Sure they weren't expected to be a great line, but they were supposed to be at least average.

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

in order

1. Bryan Thomas
    2. Dbrick
    3. graham
    4. Drob
    5. Thomas Jones
    6. Chad

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Nugent

Ive heard things about him putting on some muscle and being able to kick farther on kickoffs but outside of a game or two, this isnt true. Hes been shaky on his kicks and has yet to make a 50+ yarder in his career, if im not mistaken.

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

He is 3/9 from 50+ yards in his NFL career. The bigger problem for him this year is that he is 6/11 from 40+, and that just won't cut it (he was 6/7 last year).

18. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Eric Mangini without a doubt has been the most disappointing Jet of 2007......

19. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

He's been a horrible HC this season and is the one person most responsible for 3-12.

I thought the towels looked pretty clean. :lol:

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bryan Thomas should get this "award", but I never thought he was any good to begin with, and that last year was an abberation (and a paycheck collector). Hopefully I'm wrong, but I've been bitter towards that guy ever since draft day when I was waiting for Ed Reed's name to be called (Hey, at least they got Jon McGraw.... right?)

So I'd have to say........Vilma. I know this "system" doesn't fit his style, but this guy came into the league on fire and we all had high hopes for him. Maybe he was playing hurt the whole time......

Overall though, the biggest disappointment on the JETS has to be Coach Mangini. Last year I thought I was seeing one of the best JETS coaches I've seen. This year there's been stubborness (squeezing square pegs into round holes, personnel handling) and lack of last years creativity that have all contributed to the poor year the JETS are having.

:shit: