Offseason Wishlist

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by F Miami, Dec 26, 2007.

1. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2237

The New York Daily News believes the Jets' offseason wish list could include DE Terrell Suggs, NT Albert Haynesworth, and WR Bernard Berrian.
    The Jets will have $28 million in cap room, seven draft picks, and Chad Pennington and Jonathan Vilma to use as trade bait. The team has needed a 3-4 nose for two years now, and Haynesworth could fit the bill. Suggs would play almost exclusively outside linebacker in Eric Mangini's scheme. Of course, all these players could be franchise tagged by their current clubs.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The franchise tag tends to get put on players of Suggs and Haynesworth's performance levels. With Suggs it will be retaining his services at whatever cost, with Haynesworth it will be because he just had a career year in a contract season and the Titans will want to see him do it again before they break open the vault.

Almost all of the premier free agents wind up franchise tagged. Occasionally a team has to make choices due to cap problems or just makes a huge mistake. Look at Adalius Thomas as the primary exhibit here.

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Once again, the OL is going to be ignored!!!!!!!

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm I hope Koz & others read your post & remember it!

5. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Don't worry. This is CIMINI's list, not Tangini's. I have to believe that the O Line is at the top of their needs list. They have to be aware they effed up in that area this year and MUST rectify the situation.

The guys mentioned all sound nice, but as others correctly note, the Franchise process will prevent them from being available.

6. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

If you would read the whole article though, it discusses the offensive line.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'd offer him a contract in a heartbeat. We could definitely use a big-name playmaker on defense.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Ravens aren't going to let Thomas and Suggs go in consecutive seasons.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Ravens argument for not franchising Thomas last season was that they would have to lockup Suggs this season. They figured the Suggs negotiation would be hard and protracted and potentially record-breaking and that Thomas would be both hard to keep and a distraction.

10. Phyr

Phyr Member

If we have the opportunity to sign a legit NT, we need to put our best efforts into doing so. Our Defensive Line would be so much better with Haynesworth and Mosley at NT and Ellis, Robertson, Coleman, and Bowens rotating at DE.

I think getting a big NT would also give us the flexibility of keeping Vilma. Not having to think about the defensive line would give us a lot of flexibility in the draft.

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think a Vilma for Shaun Rogers trade could make sense for both teams? Jets need a NT, and Rogers is 340 lbs; Lions need a MLB. Or Vilma for Haynesworth if he's franchised.

#11 PinPointPenning10, Dec 26, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  12. JetsLookingforDWare

What?

He mentioned Faneca. This article seemed to mention big name FAs only. Most of the intriguing OL guys available this offseason, like Andrews and Smiley, won't intrigue fans so it won't make a NY paper.

I don't want us signing Berrian. He's McCarriens 2.0.

13. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

The situation this year is that there is not much available via F.A. this year, just look it up. The cream is on the DL this off-season. You can only shop from whats available. I say get DL help thru F.A. & get OL help from draft.

I say Jets should draft DL with there #1 pick....Either NT or OLB. Probally a impact OLB. They have to get a pass rusher. Pass rusher needed from OLB, DE, & ILB positions. This keeps Jets' from having to blitz from secondary.

#13 Run_N_gun10, Dec 26, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  14. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

15. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I've also heard Rogers wants out of Detroit, I wouldn't mind that trade at all.

But the Titans would want more for Haynesworth.

16. sabu75

sabu75 New Member

rogers is no solution.kris jenkins,haynesworth,or even jason ferguson are better options