So Far KC looks like the second coming of...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyJohnson, Dec 16, 2007.

1. JetsLookingforDWare

So the solution to our problem(s) is to draft another young QB to go behind our mediocre O-line?

Sounds like the 90's Bengals strategy.

2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Amazing. Assuming your basis for comparison is that Clemens got injured today, it amazes me that you came to this conclusion. Clemens has been taking a pretty good beating just about every start he's made so far. I guarantee that regardless of the QB's size - a majority of them are not bouncing back healthy from the hit he took today. Just to use Chad as an example - had he taken that hit he'd be calling to schedule his 3rd shoulder surgery right about now.

It's fun to play Nostradamus and try and predict how players career paths will play out - but IMO it's silly to try and predict how injuries will affect a player. Some of the smallest players have been the toughest SOB's and some of the largest have wound up to be Mr. Glass.

3. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I would never waste a #1 on a QB unless he was a lock. There is no lock QB in this draft. Honestly, Clemens will be fine. Who watched Derek Anderson last year and thought this would be his breakout season? or Tavaris Jackson? or Garard? What happened to Vince Young this season? Lienert? Cutler? In Clemens 6 starts this season I have learned one thing. He gives us just as much of a chance to win as Chad, he just has to make his rookie mistakes. Even Chad sat the bench for a couple of years.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

HAHA Glenn Foley

5. since83

since83 Member

at least the turnstyle blocks people

6. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

This is my opinion so and thats all but. Chad sucks.....and he is friggin way better than Clemmons . Sorry dont see him as anything not a starter or a backup. When he has time he misses people

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you for writting what I was thinking. With the exception of a few very well informed and very football savvy members, the majority are one liner brainless writers; fire Mangini, KC sucks, the play calling sucks, McCarein is garbage, blab, blab, blab nonsensical bullshit from fans that don't know up from down. We played very hard today, we played aggressively against a much better team and held our own. A couple of mistakes were the difference between losing and going home a winner. So let us now resort to bashing every one and write petty little garbage comments like Mangini was emotional (and that is bad?) Justin sucked, putting Smith on a few plays was stupid, etc
    We don't need a new QB or a new coach. Both are good enough to win. Now, about some of the fans on this site.....well that's another story

9. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Kellen Clemens was ok, but he gets hurt too soon maybe because he is young and not as experience.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

he plays like napoleon dynamites uncle...

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

In all fairness, Clemens has ZERO pocket presence.

12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

ZERO pocket awareness...

He has plenty of pocket presence, as he stands in strong, and doesn't tuck the ball under or fold in the face of pressure.... But he doesn't have that mental clock (yet) that a good QB needs to know when to get rid of the ball/tuck it under, to avoid the sack....

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Amen, to the bit about McCareins...what a dog he is.

14. dueskays

dueskays New Member

"Shaun Hill" and "Todd Collins" are winning games in this league, Get out Clemens, this franchise is cursed.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I have to agree there. He does leave something to e desired in that department. He also has serious happy feet. IMO at best Clemens could be the next Neil Odonnell, the QB he most reminds me off. Odonnell was a decent QB but not someone who can carry a team. Rather than draft another young QB, I say we try to pry Charlie Whitehurst (the QB I thought we should have gotten from the 2006 draft) from the Chargers via trade this off-season. He's currently 3rd on their depth chart behind Rivers and Volek. San Diego runs pretty much the same offense we do albeit w/ better personnel. Worst case scenario he's another young QB that can push Clemens.

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Comment: He is the backup No. 3 QB and did not attempt any passes in his rookie season. He has excellent overall size for the position. Has that solid height to see over the defense and find passing windows. In terms of pure physical tools, his are better then any QB on the San Diego roster. He has excellent arm strength and can make all the throws. He has the arm velocity to beat the defense and fit the ball into tight zones. He has a smooth release. He is a good overall athlete for his size and can throw rolling both right and left. He is a young QB that needs time to develop. May be tough to see action behind Philip Rivers who is one of the better young QB's in the NFL, but Whitehurst has talent and if he is patient and improves from year to year, has a chance to develop into a No. 1 QB.

16. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

No way. Uncle Rico could throw a football over them mountains. I seriously doubt that KC could throw the pig skin a quarter mile.

17. jetglass

jetglass New Member

I agree with your point except replace clemens with Penningto.n Face it, Clemens is garbage. Chad is better than him after 2 shoulder surgeries.

Amazing how Chad just sucks according to everyone and when clemens plays even worse, you all complain he has no weapons around him. What about getting weapons for pennington being that he is a better qb than clemens? Oh right, I almost forgot! Clemens played really well in the preseason and thats when it realy counts.

18. jetglass

jetglass New Member

I would suggest WATCHING the game before commenting on it. Are you seriously saying we shouldnt be blaming mccareins and mangini for todays game? Do you know what the NFL is?

19. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I'm all for giving Clemens a chance, but I'm certainly not sold on him. He hasn't been put in the best of circumstances, but he also hasn't shown me very much of anything. I mean, seriously... several people have already resorted to the "Well he absorbed that hit really well" defense. If that's the best you can say, we've got problems.

Yeah, he absorbed that hit really well... on the play where he made an uber-poor decision and threw an interception to give up a touchdown. Most QB's wouldn't have just been knocked out of the game, they would've been out for the season? Alright! Way to go, KC! Way to be tough and take that hit! [/sarcasm]

Of course, we could have Dan Marino circa 1985 and he'd look mediocre behind this O-line. But with the exception of the Baltimore game, I haven't seen much at all from Clemens. Hopefully, he improves, but I'd like to see a LOT more from him before I'm comfortable with the organization naming him the QB of the future.

20. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

hey......jetslookingford.ware................who is the babe in your avatar? please dont tell me it's your girl. i am not trying to offend.