How is pick order decided?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenHornet, Dec 5, 2007.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I really do not like talking about the draft this early, but it is one the areas to look forward to even though it is somewhat distant right now.

Miami, clearly will have the #1 pick. I was looking at where all the other teams are and what their remaining schedules are and we could be tied based on record with 4 or 5 other teams for the #2 pick in the draft.

How is order decided?

2. B-B-B-Bennie

B-B-B-Bennie New Member

Strength of schedule in case of ties.

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

See my thread in the draft forum:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=24848

Draft picks are distributed based on your own win-loss percentage, then your opponents win-loss percentage, then Division Record, then Conference Record and then finally a coin flip.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Great thread:

One question: Based on Opponents win-loss percentage, shouldn't that be sorted in decending order? A higher win-loss percentage by your opponent means generally you played tougher teams. That would make us tied for 2nd. Isn't that right?

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My recommendation is U should at the least await the final standings then the order will be established for all 32 teams. I sure U know that NE owns the SF 1st round pick right?

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Unfortunately, yes I do. It sickens me how everything just keeps going their way as if by devine infuence.

7. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

No...the easier the schedule...the sooner you pick...that's why the Saints got Reggie Bush instead of us

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No it is called being smart which is what Kraft/Pioli & Belly are & stupid on the part of the Niners

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Think of it like this. If you are tied with another team based on your records but you lost to better teams then they did, you would be deemed a better team which would allow them to play first.

10. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

So head to head does not matter? I am curious because we conceivably could beat KC and wind up with the same record.

Personally I think we will be a 5 or 6 win team in the end.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Divine my ass. The little bastard has probably made a deal with Satan himself.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

In fact, when Belichick gets to the Pearly Gates, there'll be two doors awaiting him.

"Come forward and step into this door, my son," Saint Peter will tell him, as he pushes the "Down" button on the elevator.

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Probably right, but it still makes me vomit how everything seems to go their way. They get caught cheating; lose the 32nd pick in the draft and have to pay some money; they go undefeated this year (probable); they still wind up with a super high draft pick; they probably will take McFadden; next year, with Maroney and McFadden in the backfield; they may go undefeated for the next 2 consecutive years; then they will create a new bowl - the super duper bowl; where the NE Pats play the All-Pros from around the league; the winner gets the Kraft Trophy.

Now, how sick is that................

14. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Head to Head only matters in playoff seeding.