Cotch done for Year?!?!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UncleTomNYJ, Dec 1, 2007.

1. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

The New York Daily News reports Jerricho Cotchery underwent surgery to repair a broken right index finger this week and could be lost for the season.
    Cotchery, who has already been ruled out for Week 13, did not practice at all this week. We'd hang onto him in 12-team leagues until a roster move is made, but it appears Cotchery will be out indefinitely. If his season is over, Cotchery will have finished with 54 catches for 730 yards and a touchdown.

as per rotoworld, daily news

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The team is done for the season. Might as well let him rest with a broken finger. See ya in 2008 Cotch.

3. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The biggest disappointment in this is that it will be harder to see what Clemens has to offer. Smith and Wright are not exactly Coles and Cotch.

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

When it rains, it pours...damn!

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Not at all.... Clemens has had Coles healthy for one of his starts, the Baltimore game... And now he doesn't even have his #2... McCareins, Smith and Wright...

Oh boy... I hope we see a lot of Leon in the offense this week as an outlet for Clemens

6. Canadian

Canadian New Member

At least the draft should be fun next year:breakdance:

7. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

We need to start counting balls that hit the hands of mcdropins

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

damn he still had 700 yrds season even with he season cut short not bad.

9. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Can;t wait to see what this FO does in the off season via trade and draft.

I mean I CAN NOT wait!!!!!

Poor KC. The man has a crap OL and now one less weapon. Not good for his developement, ego or evaluation.

It ain't easy being green boys.

Sucks to be us.

#9 jets1960, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  10. The Dark Knight

I have heard that most likely Coles will play. So that could help Clemens big time. McCareins and Smith do suck though. Coles and Baker should be Clemens' #1 and #2 targets.

11. allan1

allan1 Active Member

On the flip side, it would be nice to see Clemens play when facing adversity. In a couple of years we could be heading into Foxboro for a big late season matchup without our #1 rb and #1 receiver (whoever they may be at the time) and we'll need Clemens to win the game for us himself.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If Leon plays a lot on offense, we're going to go backwards, because that's where he goes 80% of the time: backwards.

We're going to have the number one overall pick. I have a feeling that Miami will beat us, Buffalo, and possibly Baltimore.

Three straight wins for the "worst" team in football? Anything possible when you play three teams in a row that all suck nearly as much as you do.

13. The Dark Knight

:lol: Is that a joke? Jets win BIG Sunday. Just watch...

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I hope so, but they have just as much offense as we do. They won't have a running game this time, but if Beck plays decent enough to keep them in it, we might lose a close one. We only beat them by 3 last...with all of our weapons. I know that Ronnie Brown had a huge game for Miami, but I just think we're the worse team RIGHT NOW. I want to see Clemens have a hell of a game, but how's he going to do that with Brad Smith and Wallace Wright?

15. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Wow I thought I was depressed before. No passing game to go along with no running game or defense or kicking game. Not that we have had any of these this year ...But Their was a glimmer of hope that Kellen might at least show us something at Qb. Now that light has gone dim to...Where is the Lantern when you need him