'Skins Players are dirty SOB's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOZ, Nov 5, 2007.

1. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

lol enlighten me then don. how is anything I have said delusional?

2. tzaf75

tzaf75 New Member

you know DCSkinsFan ,
    for someone who cried all last week right here on the Jets board about the kiss of death the Pats gave to the Skins you got some balls saying "the kid just came play" , well i gues all the Pats "kids" also just came to play and while just playing they embarsed you and your team.
    so its fine, we as Jets fans will suck up that hit with intent to injure a player and you as a Skins fan will suck up the Pats running up the score on your team.

3. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

It was a bad hit. It certainly was not intent to ruin KC's career. We are talking a fraction of a second here folks. It certainly doesnt mirror the transgressions of the pats.

cmon...

4. GreenMachine

The timing was not the issue. helmet to Helmet was.

5. DCSkinsFan

DCSkinsFan New Member

wow some of you guys are absolutely hopeless.....

Yes, timing is the issue coach with slowing it down and picking it apart ad nauseum. I'm convinced you have never played a down of real football in your life.

Yes, the helmet to helmet is why he was sanctioned. Let it go. Landry was not trying to hurt KC anymore than LT was trying to hurt Theismann.

Some of you fans here on this board need to realize exactly what kind of game you are watching. It is violent.

This week I didnt even mention the fact that the pats took out Carlos Rogers knee (for the season). Yeah, that made me mad. I'm not being a pussy fan about it. Things happen when you play this game. I expected more out of NY fans. You guys sound like Dallass Cowpuke fans to me with all this whining.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

After reading your defense of Landry my guess is you are the one that's never played a down of football. Taylor was not trying to hurt Thiesman I think we get that. When you blitz a QB and lead with the helmet regardless of what YOU say the player IS trying to injure the QB.

They teach you from a very young age you don't ever hit somebody with the crown of your helmet not so much for the safety of the other player but so you don't severly injure yourself.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Send it to the league office! It doesn't surprise me though, I'd be looking to lay someone out if my team had been humiliated the week before too..

8. RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01 New Member

Landry is a rookie, you have to cut him some slack. But nonetheless it was a helmet to helmet hit even if Clemens did possibly lower his head to it. Landry was penalized 15 yards and fined. What more can you ask for? He was not intentionally trying to hurt Clemens. London Fletcher just came in a second too late. The Redskins are a physical defense who wants to hit everyone hard.

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We are just not used to seeing an attacking D, our D has "character". We politely ask the QB to lay down for the sack.

10. GreenMachine

Did you watch the video?!?!

Clemens was looking straight ahead and Landry lowered his head and speared Clemens in the jaw...

As far as Fletcher coming in a second too late..that is false. Once a QB goes into his slide, you have to lay off. Clemens was on the ground about 2 -3 yards past where he started to slide...

11. tenken627

tenken627 New Member

Are you guys serious?

I would rather have my defense mean and nasty.

Not intentionally injure people, but try to put punishing thoughts in an opponent, especially into a young player. Much of football is also psychological, not just physical.

You want to instill the mean, nasty, hardcore philosophy that the opponent has to fight, bite, and claw for each yard. Not allowing 290 rushing yards with ease. The Jets could use some of that attacking mentality on their defense. Intimidate someone.

You want nice guys? Look to the offense.

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Skin players are very dirty.......

Laron Landry was this way while in LSU, I remember all of his antics at the Sugar Bowl vs ND. Began to trash the ND sidelines with taunting, did a slit throat taunt and nailed Samardjza after he ran out of bounds late in the 4th. Hes a classless player who needs a good old piece of humble pie in the NFL.

Sean Taylor spits in other players faces in football games, and headhunts as well(Probably dont blame him though, thats what Miami taught in the Coker era). Not to mention he brags about nailing a punter in a pro bowl game....

London Fletcher is a darn good player but he did that same tackle to a sliding QB while in Buffalo, Im sure most of you remember that he was the one who injured Pennington back in Buffalo back in 2005(Was it?)...So hes not ''new'' to this

And lets not forget Mike Sellers, who did this unnecessary play

[​IMG]

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Ok I told you I'd find out the truth.....

He told me yesterday that the Jerry Glanville era Falcons had 2 nicknames. One of them Black Wave (which I'd never heard of) and the other being the infamous 2 Legit 2 Quit

I asked him about dirty players and he told me Scott Case had a rep for being a dirty player and Case did play on the Glanville teams but no the Falcons were not the dirty birds until Jamal Anderson....

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What's Jamie Dukes doing at your place on NFL Sundays? Doesn't NFLN need him in Los Angeles?