The Official Draft YOUNG Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanJoe, Mar 23, 2006.

1. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Young is not a better QB than Leinart. He's very talented, but Leinart is NFL ready, where Young is still a slight project. College stats / awards mean nothing now, this is the NFL...

PHINZ RULE!!!

2. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Copied from another board, but couldn't say it better myself:

By the way, the Titans are flying their own receivers to Austin today to work out with Vince. Do not be surprised if they still draft Vince over Matt Leinart.

#22 borna'horn, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  3. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

young=TD's. running and passing, should have been the heisman winner and possibly could be the #1 pick in the draft.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

do not draft him....

5. Houston Jet

Houston Jet New Member

Vince is a competitor and a proven winner. He's not illiterate. He's definitely not "Book Smart" But he is a field general that can get his guys to play better than they are. Whoever gets him..I can't wait to watch him play. It will be exciting.

6. Bad Intentions

Bad Intentions New Member

It's going to be funny, when the Jets pass on Vince Young.All the people who said "dont draft him" are going to be punching themselves in the face when he's one of the top QBs in the league, going to pro-bowl after pro-bowl after pro-bowl. While the Jets are stuck with a noodle Arm QB who cant run, cant throw, and is always injured. (pennington)

7. MCHECK62

MCHECK62 New Member

I've said this in response to Benigno's rants to draft V. Young and I will continue to say it. While the guy may be more humble than Michael Vick and he may be more Steve McNair (who I like) than Vick himself, it's not worth the chance you'd take. You have at least two years before this guy becomes an NFL calibur thrower. Same thing occurred with McNair if you study his history.

IFFFFF they are going to take a QB, I'd rather see them take Cutler or even Leinart if it doesn't necessitate trading up for him. They probably will have to do so to draft Leinart.

Finally, I'd rather see them shore up their offensive and defensive lines and perhaps infuse their secondary with another corner before I'd like to see a QB. If neither Ramsey nor Pennington pan out this year, we'll be in prime position to draft Brady Quinn. I know that's a no-no on this site but I think that's the prudent way to look at it at this moment.

8. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

[​IMG]

9. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN2 said they expect Young to drop possibly out of the top 10! They said that all the passes he made during pro day were thrown after the Wrs already made their route and were facing him. NOWAY TO YOUNG!!!! Take Cutler or Leinart!

10. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Yeah and Vick goes to the pro bowl with a QB rating under 80...I rather win the SB instead of my QB going to the pro bowl year after year!

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

Oh.....he's illiterate

12. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Whoever picks him, it will probably be one of these teams:

[​IMG]

13. Bad Intentions

Bad Intentions New Member

lol and you think chad is going to take the Jets to the superbowl?
    if you sneeze on him, he's out for atleast 3 weeks.

14. lightning

lightning Active Member

out of all those teams i hope it's the raiders, i love seeing them suffer

15. lightning

lightning Active Member

atleast he's literate

16. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

The wonderlic teat has absolutely nothing to do with QB'ing a team. Playing QB is all about training for specific situations and then going off of muscle memory and instinct. You know if Pennington is 'such' a genius on the football field - why did he only score a 25? Figured he would have been in the high 30's no?

If you are going to bash Young please do so without referring to his wonderlic. If you must then please include Dan Marino who scored a 14.

As for Young the player - it's ridiculous to think that he will suceed. It's obvious that his sucess was only tied to playing in a shotgun. No QB has ever made the transition from playing shotgun in college to the NFL(aah who's Leftwich and Roethlisberger anyway?). Besides his superior athletic talent was what carried him. It's not his leadership and game-moxie had anything to do with it. His sucess in big games is hardly worth noting as his throw is unorthodox and surely much more important.

QB's like him are muchmore likely to be a bust anyway. The next Akili Smith. We are much better off going with someone in the 'classic' qb mold like Leaf, Mirer or Harrington.

I don't even know why I am having this discussion as the Jets do not need a QB. For everybody who thinks we NEED a franchise QB go and talk with the Colts and see how that worked out for them. They must have like what? Like 1 playoff win with him? WooHoo signe me up!

17. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Who wants a dumb QB?

18. Mangenius

Mangenius New Member

19. rickobs

rickobs New Member

can anyone actually confirm his wonderlick score?

20. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Here is an account of a radio interview of Sean Salisbury, who attended the workout (unlike Chris 'douchebag' Mortensen)