Patrick Ramsey video from the 2004 season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by chow184, Mar 22, 2006.

1. chow184

chow184 New Member

2. JeTsPhAnAtIc

JeTsPhAnAtIc New Member

nice find im impressed with ramsey in this video, i just hope he can bring his "A" game with him to the jets since after seeing him in the video he clearly has great potentiol.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

You can't count on Ramsey to become a good starting QB for us, given his past, but we also have to remember that Spurrier allowed him to be killed. We've seen that Ramsey, with protection, can do a nice job.

4. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

Ramsey to Coles looks good

5. Martin is the man

I think with some work Ramsey can be to us what Jake Plumer is to the Broncos. He has a strong arm, and good mobility. The major knock on Ramsey is the fact that he makes real bad decisions, but with some training he can lose this bad habits. When you watch Plumer play he stares down his reciver and he just doesn't make mistakes. With a run first offense that we will have teams will be froced to respect the run and there for lose some coverage, making Ramsey's job a whole lot easier. We don't need a super star at QB, there are tons of teams who don't have super stars at QB, and remember we were one of these teams with Chad at QB.

Ramsey has potential, i would like to see him get a shot

6. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

You can see why he was highly regarded out of college. Nice mechanics, throws it on a rope, has some touch when he needs to. You can see however that he gets a bit flustered when his primary WR is not open, if he does not have time to scan the field, he is prone to the INT. He will get better at that though, looks promising. Nice find.

7. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I can't watch the video here at work, but a play by Ramsey I will never ever forget was the season Opener at the Skins. Mo Lewis is charging in for an uncontested sack and Ramsey just ducks out of the way, Mo totally whiffs. Then Ramsey without even really looking, throws the ball as far as he can and Coles gets underneath for a 47 yard reception. I won't forget it more because of Mo, but Ramsey can make plays.

8. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I can see why he was drafted in the his round. When has time makes good desicisions and has a Rocket for an arm. Has good form when throwing

9. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I think they videoed every TD Ramsey has thrown. I also take from this that either we need Chad Cooley or an H-back of his ilk on our roster.

10. JetsGoFar

JetsGoFar Active Member

A 6th round STEAL!!!!!!

Whatever happens, the guy's got the tools to (at the minimum) be a great backup. Could be Drew Brees Part Two.

11. Ryan

Ryan Banned

The 6th round for him was good- i wish our receivers could get open like that. Why can coles catch so good there?

12. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Sweet video, he has a real strong arm.

13. BigGreenFan

BigGreenFan New Member

I agree, he looks like he can chuck it downfield like Chad can't.

14. nyjballandbeer51

nyjballandbeer51 New Member

What you don't see are all of his missed throws, picks, holding on to the ball, not being able to make a decision, and getting his ass thrown into the turf. I got to watch all his highlights every night living in DC, but I also went to alot of games, my friend has season tix, and he is not all touchdowns and celebrations.
    But dont get me wrong for the steal that we got him for he is a SOLID #2 BUT NEVER A #1.

#14 nyjballandbeer51, Mar 22, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2006
  15. Denny

Denny Active Member

Noticed some of the scores and time left. 3rd and 4th quarters playing from behind. And not against very good defenses save for the Eagles.

16. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Why did someone go out of there way to make a Patrick Ramsey highlight reel?

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

That's all I could wonder while watching.

Good stuff though. :)

18. chow184

chow184 New Member

I guess somone saw fit after he carved the giants up going 19-22 passing for 3TD's and no int's.

19. Tight

Tight Active Member

the kids arm is sick. hes throwing WITH EASE. Hope for the best this year for him.

20. Hazardous Waters

Did you see the number of balls that the receiver had to jump high, stretch or come back to? Did you see the scores in the games? The skins were behind in a lot of those games because he had already made mistakes, like interceptions.