Mangini without a trace of hesitation, "Chad is the starting quarterback."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 8, 2007.

1. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10082007/sports/jets/penns_picks_sink_jets.htm?page=2

Let the bitching begin... IMO... No change will come till the bye week.

This is going to be a huge mess for CP, the home crowd until the change comes will boo him to no end. This is no way for him to go out. I do not understand Mangini's thinking... something has to be up with KC, they have to know something we don't. It's going to be tough to watch the new few games... here hoping for a miracle and we win the next few...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ad_pennington_may_lose_grip_as_startin-2.html

#1 RDriven3, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This is a 4 loss team. I think Pennington's the quarterback until this is a seven loss team. The coaching staff is out of its gourd if they think they can continue to run an offense like this and win 6 games this season. I think they might be wise to take the approach the Broncos took with Cutler last season.

-X-

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Mangini needs to get his head out of his ass.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If Chad does not get benched we will be on the Mangini watch soon.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im with you. this is beginning to become one giant clusterfuck.

6. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

How has that worked for the Broncos? A lot of posters on this board loved when Denver pulled Plummer and put in Cutler basically throwing away the season last year so they could make a SB run this year. Living in Denver, let me give you some perspective on Denver's season, Beat Buffalo with a snap with 1 second left to kick the field goal, only beat the Raiders at home by using a bs tactic and Janikowski could only make 1 of 2 50+ field goals, got completly dominated by Jack, Indy, and SD and their star RB is about to be suspended for a year. I think I would have liked to take my chances in the playoffs instead of tanking the season for next year. There are not guarantees of next year.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He obviously feels Clemens can't do the job or he is an arrogant fool. Take your pick. Neither bodes well for this team, either now or in the future.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

id take cutler over penny right now with a smile

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Vinny was the QB on a 4 loss team, but he clearly didn't have it. This is so similar to Chad this year. I've been one of the biggest Chad supporters here, but I think it's time for Clemens. At least lets see what we have while we still have a chance to make the playoffs. I want to see what he can do under pressure. If he can't get the job done then we need to start looking elsewhere for our future QB.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I go with the arrogant option. Does not have the guts to admit he erred in anointing the starting job to CP last winter

11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

the honeymoon is over for Mangini.... just wait and see people/media start asking for his head as well.

12. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

While I agree the QB change needs to be made, this is still a 6 win team max this year. The defense isn't good enough for anything more, regardless of a QB change.

13. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Mangini is really starting to lose me. We need to go 9-2 to get to 10 wins, and it's obviously not happening with Chad. And it's not like Chad is the QB of the future, or even the better one at this point.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Tangini's Misguided arrogance will be their downfall. This town loves nothing better than to see arrogance humbled. First they trade our draft thinking we are Sb contenders now they won't bench Chad when it was obvious weeks ago he was done.

15. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

This is just the beginning. Let's see if Mangini can keep his sanity as this season of disaster continues. If we go 6-5 from here on out we still only end up with 7 wins. Does anyone think that is even remotely possible at this point?

16. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

Everyone seems to think that that as soon as Clemens starts suddenly this is going to be a winning football team.
    No matter who starts at QB this team is going to lose around 10 games (maybe more) this year.
    Chad stays in and all those games where we lose and he plays bad there will be calls of "We would have won with Clemens!, Look at the pass in the 4th quater where Chad didn't have the arm strength. Clemens with his strong(er)arm would have made that pass and we would have won"

Clemens starts and in the games we lose and he made mistakes there will be calls of "We would have won with Chad!, look at the pass in the 4th quater Clemens made, Chad with his accuracy would have made that pass and we would have won"

Everyone seems to be so hung up on the Chad/Clemens discussion almost as if there is a right/wrong answer, and the wrong answer will take us towards the #1 pick and the right answer will takes us to the SB.

17. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

The difference from 2002 is both lines are horrible, not just the QB.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

no. but plain football says defenses are sitting on our routes and blitzing wildly to stop the run.

the only solution to that is to keep them honest with the deep ball. it works. and it makes more sense for our QB to throw picks with the chance of him scoring quick again instead of penny throwing picks and having to methodically drive down field and play mistake free (which is no longer an option for him)

it's clemens time. manginis just the only one who hasnt changed his watch yet.

19. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Mangini is protecting his own ass right now......he thinks his consistency in terms of decision making may keep him going even in a worse case scenario say 3-13......if he starts flip flopping and appears unstable in decisions he may end up fired........im sure of this

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Gee whiz when I was saying what you posted this past winter I was flamed by everybody who claimed I only see the negatives