25 carries for 2.2yds/carry............

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyJETS0511, Oct 7, 2007.

1. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

same results no matter whos in the backfield.......O line just weak but more so is the D's pressing and stacking knowing chad... 90% of all tosses are for less than 10yds....plus his reads and reaction time is so SLOWWWWW

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Someone who tapes the games, please tell me how many times they had more than 7 men in the box and we ran the ball. I was watching for it all game, and I only saw it once. We cannot run the ball and that is the problem with the O. Unless we get this years Farve behind center, the offense will struggle. How many QB sneaks do we run to get 1st downs on short yardage, we must be leading the league. Also, on short yardage, how many times have we just pounded it and got the first. This has to be the lowest percentage in the league.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Actually, the numbers are deceiving because the Jets kept "pounding" away at sweep plays, which never worked. What was their best game on the sweep plays? -2 yards?

I just don't understand why the Jets don't let Thomas Jones run the ball down the other teams throat. He is a physical back, but they are treating him like a scat back. On 2nd and 1, they throw a bomb down the field (ok I guess I can't blame them too much for that), and then on 3rd and 1, they try a Brad Smith sneak. WTF!?! Why even trade for Jones if you're not going to use him?

Just hand him the damn ball!!!

4. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I fully agree. Run TJones up the middle - it's at least a guarenteed 2 or 3 yards. They would not stop running those sweeps today and they never friggin worked.

5. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Quite disappointed in Jones...or is it Schottenhiemer? We stole Jones from Chicago and we can't even put any value on the steal.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Schottenheimer. Definitely Schottenheimer.

If you look at Jones individual runs, they really have been decent. He just hasn't been getting the opportunities. That falls squarely on the coaches.

7. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

i just dont see the point in running in a single back formation when our line isn't physical enough to do so...why not just line up in the good ole "I", with a fullback (who may or may not be jerald sowell, barnes will do) and smash it down some peoples throats? if we want singleback, run out of the shotgun razzle dazzle, we'll use neon leon or brad smith...with a runner like jones, we need to be pounding the ball and setting up chads play action

8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

We have a huge amount of talent between TJ and Leon. Between them, they should be able to do EVERYTHING a runningback can do in a game. It amazes me that we are so shit at running the ball. Barnes is also a really good blocking fullback. WTF can't we use our talent.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the fact of the matter is that when you cant move the line forward you cant run the ball. this is not a good o line and it shows. however i really think its something they need to learn to do so i say pound it right up the middle worst thing that happens is no yards and a pile of dust. sweeps run the risk of much larger losses :)

10. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I agree, put in FB in the I an run the ball between the tackles. If you have to, put in Bender, supposedly thats all he did in college was run block.