The 'Hawks are out of the running for Abraham

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by get it dunn, Mar 21, 2006.

1. parafly

parafly New Member

Our FO has publicly stated that we would rather keep Abraham if we don't get a first rounder in return. Why would we pull out of negotiations if there is a possibility the Falcons will eventually cave?

2. V2C

V2C New Member

No point in keeping this convo going. So here it is, Abe will be a Falcon by the end of the day. Ill return later to rub it in

3. GreenMachine

See ya.... And we will have your 1st round pick..

4. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

The Jets won't be able to trade Abe on draft day because he doesn't have a contract. The team would need to sign him to a deal in the 15 minutes they have before the pick. Only way this would work is if a deal was in place beforehand and it was contingent on the player they want being available.

5. baamf

baamf Active Member

Oh, I hope your right so all of these ridiculous speculative threads end....

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And you know this how? Nothing states that the Seahawks are out of the running, you are just assuming, the created hole at OG for them is not going to cost anything near what they were going to give to Hutchingson so that will give them more money to work with, and you also don't know if another team will be in the running, and we still have to accept any deal so any deal inferior to what we want we will not accept it and either go to another team or just have Abe as a Jet this year, with all our cap room we have that option as well, so no we have plenty of leverage, it is your side that has to step up to the plate with a decent offer

7. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I love these shallow threats some of you ATL come here throwing around. Mangini and Tannenbaum are disciples of Parcells and Belicheck. Do you really think they would not be willing to ride Abe's ass on the pine or have him play a year here whether he likes it or not?

The FO is making a point. They are no longer pushovers. No longer are the Jets a team that can be fleeced or used. It is the same exact thing that Belicheck and Marvin Lewis did when they took over their teams. The team invested alot in Abe and they want fair return. And if they can't get that, then they are willing to have him on the team. If they weren't they would have just let him enter FA without the tag.

8. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

If that's the case, then why don't the Falcons heed Danny Noonan's advice to Tony D'Annunzio and go buy a Coke somewhere else:

Danny Noonan: I can't pay you. Lou has to.
    Tony D'Annunzio: Where is he?
    Danny Noonan: He's out.
    Tony D'Annunzio: I can see that he's out, numbnuts.
    [Gives Danny a dollar]
    Tony D'Annunzio: Give me a coke.
    Danny Noonan: One coke.
    [gives Tony a bottle of Coke and 50 cents]
    Tony D'Annunzio: Hey wait a minute. That's only 50 cents.
    Danny Noonan: Yeah well Lou raised the price of coke he's been losing at the track.
    Tony D'Annunzio: Well I ain't paying no 50 cents for no coke.
    Danny Noonan: Oh then you ain't getting no coke. Know what I'm talking about?

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What don't you Falcon fans understand? The Jets can just tell the Falcons to F off, that they are keeping him and that'll be that. The Jets have ALL THE LEVARAGE BASED ON THAT!!!! HOLY SH-T

10. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

I love my Jets but I strongle believe that there is now way they have interest in Abe now that they have petersen. Why would they give another player 18 million to sign. I just do not see it, it may happen but very unlikely, that doesnt mean we will send Abe to Atlanta for the second round pick, no way that happens. If they give us a second this year and another, yes we will but as it stands i think we should not take the second combined with ANY player, we want two draft picks, 2nd and 3rd this year or second and second next year.

11. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

Ass cue,

Seattle could have signed two of Hutchinson, Peterson, and Abraham. In fact, from what I read, Hutchinson's deal asked for $13 million to be counted this year, and there is no way that is the case with Peterson's deal. The Seahawks have signed an Elite OLB, but are still wanting an Elite DE. Nothing has changed as far as the money they have to offer or their needs, IMO.

12. get it dunn

get it dunn New Member

If that was true, it would've happened last week awready.

#15 never was an option & it still is not an option.

Denver would not give yous guys their 1st rnd pick @ #27 for Abe, so the trade value here is btwn picks 28-31 of the 1st rnd. Your FO isn't gonna be stuck holding the bag w/ Abe when they can unload him to us.

Again we'll work out a deal, mainly b/c your FO wants to free up the $$ by getting rid of Abe, we want Abe & he wants to play here. & our #15 will not be in the trade.

not to mention we already have a contract ready & waiting for him to sign.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

our leverage is that hes our property and he'll be playing for us if we dont get a legit value...cool avatar...now beat it

14. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

"Denver would not give yous guys their 1st rnd pick @ #27 for Abe, so the trade value here is btwn picks 28-31 of the 1st rnd. Your FO isn't gonna be stuck holding the bag w/ Abe when they can unload him to us."

broncos have the 22nd and 29th picks...nice research dumbass
    and it was b/c of JA's ridiculous contract demands...not the compensation part

#34 thegoldengod, Mar 21, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  15. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

What's the hurry? We have til week six to trade Abe!

16. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

besdies isnt compensation for a franchised player 2 number 1's unless the teams agree to somehting else for compensation?!?!?1 so how does anyone figure its 28-31??!?!?! i dont get it

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If the Jets have no leverage how come John Abraham isn't a Falcon yet?

The Jets have ALL of the leverage here. Pay up or the Falcons will never get their player.:)

18. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Abe played in the 3-4 under Parcells.....had a pretty good year before he got injured. So stop with the he doesn't fit nonsense please.

19. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Denver was fully ready to cough up a 1st round pick .... they balked at King Abe's insane contract demands. The Falcons however intend on paying Abe his big dollars ... but seem to think they don't have to cough up compensation to the Jets on the other side. That is what is bugging me. You pay him like an All Pro ex-1st rounder that he was/is ... yet think you should only have to part with a 2nd?

What am I missing here?

20. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

To quote Dennis Miller: "I've been to the deep South and frankly, I find these people anything but deep."