The 'Hawks are out of the running for Abraham

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by get it dunn, Mar 21, 2006.

1. get it dunn

get it dunn New Member

With Seatle signing FA OLB Jullian Peterson, the Seahawks effectively end any hope of landing disguntled NYJ DE John Abraham. With under $7 million of cap space left, and a newly aquired hole at the OG position due to Hutcheson leaving durine free-agency, the Seahawks have ended the bid for Abraham. Abraham has signed with the Falcons a deal that will pay him between 5-6 million dollars this season the 'Hawks don't have the money to lure Abraham into a contract with them, so a trade would be imposible, due to the fact that they can no longer handle the franchise tag placed on JA. Not to mention they would still have to slide thier draft picks in along with a starting OG. Pick 31 (currently in the JA trade) would be a very suitable place to take a starter at the OG position, a Trade with the Seahawks and Jets is almost out of the picture.

IMHO we'll offer you 2nd rnd picks or this yrs & next yrs draft, or possibly this yrs #2 & Demo.

**Of course nothing is offical, although Peterson has been signed by the 'Hawks**

Logic & common sense dictates, the Jets now have no leverage.

2. e-x

e-x New Member

my guess is you'll be giving us your 1st rounder or he'll be wearing green and white next year

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How many Falcons fans have joined the board in the last few weeks?

All of their threads involve the Falcons stealing Abe from us.

4. GreenMachine

Why can't you Falcons fans realize, the team holding the contract has ALL the leverage.

If Atlanta does not want to give up to the Jets, than Abe is screwed.
    If hhe chooses to not report to the Jets, he makes $0....

Bottom line quit fooling yourself thinking Atlanta has all the cards...

5. get it dunn

get it dunn New Member

lol

If that were the case, Abe would've been a Falcon last week. No way we give up #15.

6. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Still under contract with the Jets. If we have to you hold onto him. Plus I'm willing to bet if it looks like a 2nd rounder is the best we can get that opens up teams like Dallas who missed out on Peterson with a better 2nd rounder. So there's your leverage.

7. baamf

baamf Active Member

I guess you didn't see the 15 other threads about this and just felt your insight was just so superior it requires its own thread....

Okay...

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Ah, another hillbilly that doesn't understand the concept of signing bounuses being amortized over the length of a long term contract.

2+2=4
    4+4=8

...aw nevermind.

9. get it dunn

get it dunn New Member

What you don't realize is, your FO dosen't want him in NY period(even if you do). If they did, they'd have pulled out of negotiations w/ the Falcons & they haven't:eek:hmy:

10. V2C

V2C New Member

well you wont get the first rounder so if your FO is happy with paying him 8 mill next year to keep him in a scheme that he doesnt fit in then go ahead.

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

Cut it out, how do you know anything about the scheme that is going to be run by a first time D-coordinator and a first time HC??? Mangini has already been quoted saying the scheme will fit the strengths of his players. Now please go home....

12. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

Logic & common sense dictates that in this case, Abe might be in a Jets uniform next year.

Even though that might be highly unlikely, the Abe talks will heat up with other teams on draft day. We will get what he's worth.

13. V2C

V2C New Member

Ill make ya a deal. Get rid of all the Jets fans on our board and I'll go home

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had no idea the organization which has been trying to shop him for weeks didn't want him. Thanks for filling me in on my own team's intentions. They haven't stopped negotiations because this is a deal that would be good for all parties involved. Falcons need a pass rusher, we need more picks. Don't for a second think you're the only team that wants Abraham. Like I said, Dallas was looking into bringing in Peterson and couldn't close the deal. Parcells would send a better 2nd for a guy he drafted in a NY minute.

15. GreenMachine

HE HAS TO PLAY!!!!

If he does not, he does not get payed...

You guys are like 8 year olds throwing temper tantrums...Getting mad because you can't get your own way:rofl:

16. Phyr

Phyr Member

You Falcon fans are a joke. Having Abe as an OLB in the 3-4 was what he was drafted to be. Doesnt fit the system. Haha. I will enjoy wearing my Abe jersey that I ordered for $5 another year!

17. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

You can make every assumption in the world, fact of the matter is that J.A. is on the New York Jets and not the Atlanta Falcons. Whoever you draft at 15 will not be anywhere near J.A.'s skill level and you'll be whining for ages about how if you had just pulled the trigger you'd have that amazing Dline you've dreamed about ever since the rumors popped.

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Think of it this way if you were trying to sell a famous painting, Say a Picaso. You didn't have to sell it but could if the price was right, Would you just take the only offer you have left or would you wait til next year and see what the market is then?

19. baamf

baamf Active Member

I don't know anything about your board, nor do I care. If you would like to have a legitimate football conversation then I am all ears. If you come here spouting crap you know nothing about please spare us. Thank you.

20. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

THE SEAHAWKS CAN STILL FIT JOHN ABRAHAM UNDER THE CAP. How much clearer does it have to get?

The Jets have not pulled out of negotiations with the Falcons because the Falcons have a better 1st round pick than the Seahawks, and would theoretically be able to offer a better bounty. Also, as long as the Falcons insist on keeping #15 and Schaub off the table, negotiations might as well be closed. Jet's shouldn't budge, and they have shown NO indication that they will.