the Official Abraham thread!! - Post them here! - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

Dont give me that. That is just an anomolly. Happened one time. How many picks where there in between the 31st and the spot Tom Brady was drafted. How many spots where there in between the 31st and Joe Montana. My point is that there really is no telling after about the 20th pick and really what kinda talent youll get for it. Will it be a bust or not? Who knows only time will tell.

2. V2C

V2C New Member

Falcon fan here. Just thought Id give my input on the subject. There is absoluley no way the Falcons are going to trade Schaub. If a deal is going to happen between the two it will either be our 2nd and TJ Duckett for Abe or Our 2nd this year and maybe our 3rd next year.

3. JETSNNEERS

JETSNNEERS Banned

wishful thinking buddy, we are getting a first or ur not gettin abey the baby, by the way i think u guys shud take marcus vick, that way the most overrated qb ever and the biggest sack of shit ever can be on the same team, and it doesnt matter if u get abe freeny and peppers, with vick at helm u will never be a super bowl team, NEVER

4. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

None of us how many times a team has missed a player it was targeting by one pick, so you cannot tell me whether it was anomily or not.
    I don't know and neither do you.
    The point is if it happens it proves the value of EACH SPACE in a draft.

And please stop bring up Tom Brady/. Him being picked in the 6th round and being the great player he is..now that is an anomily.

5. Plato/FalconFan

Plato/FalconFan New Member

Abe for 2nd rounder will happen

Just my opinion, but I believe Abraham will be traded to the Falcons for a second round pick. He's a great player and I'd be satisfied if the Falcons were to give up #15 overall, but, because of the Jets' predicament, a first roounder likely won't be necessary. Abraham cannot be traded for his fair value because of the following:

1. He has publicly stated that he wants out of NY
    2. The competitive market for disgruntled, high-priced players is think right now.
    3. Abraham has said that he wants to play in Atl, essentially busting one all up in the Seahawks' grill. Why would Seattle give up a first rounder and 8mil+ for a player that doesn't want to play for them?

Simply put, there isn't much competition for Abraham, and the Seahawks will become even less of an option if they keep Hutchinson and/or sign J. Peterson.

Without competition, markey value goes down. Economics 101. Thoughts? Would it(sticking your chest out and not backing down) be worth it? Would you bench/black ball the guy if you can't get a 1st rounder for him?

I possibly see Atlanta sending a 2nd and a 3rd or a 2nd and a player. The longer Seattle waits, however, the less compensation they'll get for Abraham. If Seattle signs Peterson, the Seahawks will be feeling pretty screwed.

PS: You guys won't be hurting too bad with that #4 overall pick. Picking up a guy like M. Williams would certainly ease the pain of losing a DE.

6. krd145

krd145 New Member

thank you falcon fan for your opinion. now can u go back to your message board?!?!

7. Bad Intentions

Bad Intentions New Member

15th overall or nothing.

8. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

jets Front office has no problem keeping him for another year.

9. jakesjets

jakesjets New Member

all good points but your forgetting one thing..hes franchised so hes the jets property..tannembaum can sit there and ask for what he wants because whats the worst case scenario we keep abe for another year and he plays for us?? the jets FO can hold out for what they want because we are 14 million under the cap with his salary counted...so its not hurting us finacially..so i say tannenbaum can keep being stubborn and demand an equal trade the jets deserve which a first round pick for a 3 time pro bowler in abraham. Its good to see a jets FO with balls that will stand for what they want and deserve..i enjoy it!!!

10. Plato/FalconFan

Plato/FalconFan New Member

I'm just giving you guys a briefing here. When it happens, don't feel raped. Keeping him for another year after? I doubt he'd feel too well about playing in a 3-4 for a team he doesn't want to play for. He won't be in NY next year.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

like many of us already said: by offering the contract y'all have already offered Abe, you pretty much have already admitted that he's worth R1 talent, including your 15th pick. And yet ATL is unwilling to acquiesce that pick. That doesn't really make much sense.

I wouldn't rule Seattle out just yet. With the money they can now spend because of the Hutchinson situation, they may match Atlanta's offer; and we all know Abe will go where the $$$ is.

cheers

12. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

And if he doesn't want to, he doesn't get paid.

13. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Why couldn't this have been posted in with the other 95483741892631890726398176238176287163998276387169287631876231 j.abe to the falcons threads?

No way they just take the falcons 2nd. If they do, it will be with either a first or second round pick next year.

14. jakesjets

jakesjets New Member

and if the falcons don't give up what the jets want he won't be a falcon either..hello seahawks..jabe is going where the money is

15. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

Thanks for reassuring us that we will be ok since we have the 4th...you are so compassionate.

I have two things to say...we are in total control of this situation and if we do end up giving abe up for a 2nd +, then that will be because Abe and Seattle were unable to come to a contract agreement. Seattle lost the Hutchinson negotiation so I hope they will be looking to make a big recovery a la Abe..thank god they have all that Microsoft money to throw at Abe.

Hang around a bit..this outcome will be interesting

16. Jetfan1215

Jetfan1215 New Member

Jets do have some leverage here, they need to get a 1st round pick. i think the front office lost face when they let herm edwards go for a 4th rd pick which was an absolute embarrassment. they need to show some mussell
    here and force a 1st round pick.

17. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I still do not understand why we get the same jibberish from Falcon posts on here.Do you not understand we can keep Abe and in 3 hours we will know if Seattle is much richer and a bigger player in all this. Reggie White was the same freakin way going to Green Bay..Its all about the Benjamins and in the end money talks ..

18. Superbowl_VICKtory

Superbowl_VICKtory New Member

U gotta be out your green and white mind!!!!!!! There's no way we're giving u guys our 15. Business tip, cut your losses and move along.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

then why is ATL willing to pay him like he's a 15th pick (even higher)?

cheers

20. jakesjets

jakesjets New Member

well you have to be out of your red and black mind thinking our FO will take anything less..its a simple as this..give us what we want or you don't get abe..this ain't the edwards/bradway days..this is the tannenbaum/mangini days..they have balls..you'll lose if you try to lowball them