Where Are You Kendall Haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JIMsection323, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its not just Kendall's replacements. Its both lines that look weak. Maybe, Mangini killed them in camp has not given then the rest they need to get their legs back. Its gotta be something, can we be this bad? We look like slow pieces of crap. Its gotta be

#41 sec314, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  2. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

We lost two really good linemen leave for more money, Randy Thomas and Kareem McKenzie. Plus Fabini left too. The OL would be fine if we still had them.

#42 coloradojet, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I guess you're directing this thread to the haters...

Well, i'm here, and i'm a "Pete Kendall Hata."

Make over $5 million last season in an AGREEMENT, then bitch and complain, blast the front office on not giving you a raise?

Go fuck yourself...Their, this hater is still here.

4. I wouldn't go that far.

McKenzie struggles serverely pass protecting for the giants, Fabini didn't even start for the Cowboys last year due to his back poblems, and Randy Thomas although solid is paid quite lucuratively, which is not good salary cap management when you're talking about a guard.

5. coloradojet

Randy Thomas and Kareem McKenzie are still better than what we have. They were pried from us by two teams who paid for them more than they were worth. Do you think that Adrian Jones should start at LG? He has to be better than Clarke and Bender. Unless a better LG is released before the first regular season game and we pick him up. Or trade the pick we got for Kendall or another pick for another starting guard. Tannenbaum is supposed to be good at working out deals and trades.

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Not enough live reps on the los. They dont develop that power burst by tapping and leaning on each other.

A lot of emphasis on mental discipline, but short on hard contact from what I saw.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hemorrhoids Of Fire?

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Having a Solid Line > an Extra Million in the bank.

IMO You keep your best players.
    It's Tanny's Job to do that AND keep us under the cap, that's the Magic of being a good GM.

Anyone in the NFL could just let go of players who want more $$. That's not what makes a good GM People. That was the problem w/ Bradway also.

Seems some are getting way to enamored with the $$ at the expense of having a Great team.

9. coloradojet

I think if they gave him the money, it would have opened the door for every other player to do the same thing. And then what do you do? You give the extra money to everybody else who asks for it? You are supposed to honor your contract. Kendall did the same thing in Arizona.

10. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

maybe they should have given him the money at the end of last season and this would never have happened. I think royal tee had some good points.

11. I think this goes beyond the extra million. If Kendall had kept his wishes to himself..or at least made his feelings known one time and one time only, he may still be on the team and may have been rewarded.

As soon as he became a potential locker room cancer w/ his behavior, he went beyond just a monetary issue.

This was about setting an example for the FO's high character philosophy and ridding the team of a long term disruption.

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

losing pete kendall isnt all that huge.....hes no all star....a solid LG yes. but lets not get carried away. rot in washington and dont come back. i have a feeling this FO will pull something out in order to plug this hole. and can we please not judge this bender kid on one preseason start??

13. D'Beast 60

D'Beast 60 New Member

I think people really have to relax. The Jets will definately bring in someone at LG in the next week. Bender is a young rookie who is not suppose to start. He is not ready yet and was not drafted to start this year. You can't say he sucks. He is way too young. I actually think he has been very impressive in camp from what I saw. He could work out very well for the Jets and be a 2nd day steal in the draft. As far as our O-Line goes, we will be fine. Mike T. will get someone for the LG spot. He knows he has to. Our biggest problem right now is D'bickashaw. LT is the hardest position to play and he has to really pick up his game. Umenyoura embarrassed him Saturday night. I am not worried about him though. He's too damn talented to play that crappy and he will pick up his play. Give our line some time to gel and relax.

14. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

d'brickashaw ferguson = robert gallery = turn stile

15. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I don't think the O-line is set for the first game of the year. Remember, Kendall was a late addition in '04. Obviously, you couldn't be happy with the performance on Saturday vs. the Giants, but I also wasn't happy with the 41-0 shellacking vs the Jags last year, and everything turned out fine.

Reading other boards over the last 24 hours you'd think the Jets are ready for a 3-13 season. Mangini didn't show a thing vs. the Giants to keep back plays for the regular season. Note to Jets fans: expect nothing next week vs. the Eagles, who we play in mid-October as well.

I'll get worried when Thomas Jones does nothing vs. the Patriots, Jerricho Cotchery can't catch a cold vs. the Ravens and Coles is the next coming of Reggie Rembert vs. the Bills. Remember, Penningon didn't throw a pass vs. the Falcons in the first preseason game, meaning the preseason is clearly an opportunity for the Jets to experiment not show their cards. The Giants scored a field goal, a touchdown and a safety vs. the Jets. That wasn't lighting the world on fire folks.

16. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

I just had to bring this thread back. LOL boy oh boy with all the problems we're having on the O-LINE how many of you think having Kendall on this team would have made a slight of a difference???? I think we can all finally admit that kendall helped Mangold and DBrick grow in their first year. To all you kendall haters who said "fuck him" blah blah blah... How do you feel now?? NOW DO YOU SEE WHY WE NEEDED HIM ON THIS TEAM.

we let go our most exp. linemen and a good one at that. FUCK YOU MANGINI FUCK YOU TANIBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree, fuck Tanibum. We clearly would have been SB contenders if we only gave Kendall the extra mil. Oh Pete Kendall, where art thou?

18. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

So when did i exactly say they would have been super bowl contenders? No not super bowl contenders but how bout PLAYOFF maybe? Who really knows. Its clear this line fell apart without him here.

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Where is that clear? We have been killed in two game this year. The two teams that did it are probably going to have 14 wins each. We were shut out twice last year.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I liked Kendall and thought the whole affair was handled badly from both sides.
    Yes we would have made the team better , but hes not here anymore , move on.