Falcons looking to trade for Raiders Qb?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Raiderjoe, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Thanks I will, and IF parcells is right, just might be NFl comeback player of the year. Culpepper is a Freeagent after this year, and don't be supprised Jets don't make a run at him. The jets Qbs behind Pennington look like a joke. Than we will see how you feel about culpepper.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wow Joe, you have really outdone yourself with this post. Before I read this post I didn't think it was possible to think your were less knowledgeable about football than I already did. Now I know I was wrong, yeah stats are the only way to judge a QB, ok Joe..:breakdance:

As for Clemens, the question is would you rather have a QB with no experience but has potential or would you rather have a QB with experience that has sucked and has no potential?.

3. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

This kind of works against your "Smith over Russell" stance, doesn't it? Russell's "potential" is through the roof. Smith's potential is in the Kordell Stewart/Ray Lucas range.

4. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

If the guy who's 2-2 in the playoffs with two championship game appearances is a "choke artist", what does that make the guy who's 2-3 in the playoffs with no championship game appearances (that would be your guy)?

5. Attackett

No, Smith is not a QB I don't know where the Russell comparison is coming from.Smith is a WR that will play some QB at times and also RB. If you want to compare him to somebody then compare him to the Raiders 4th WR.

6. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

True. Hey I'm not sure Culpepper's healthy, but I was comfortable with Josh McCown if need be. This is a year for Russell to watch and learn for the most part. You normally don't have the luxury of having a great QB in place while the rookie sits. Usually it's a journeyman type, like Kitna when Palmer rode the pine his rookie year. The Raiders situation is unique in that they have that Kitna type in McCown, but they also have a guy in Culpepper who is an upper echelon QB when he's healthy. I think it's a good situation.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yes the game was diffrent back then, but still not diffrent enough to get in with stats he had. Like he completed about 48 percent of his passes(give him that stat for that time period) but Namath retired with a record of 77 wins, 108 losses and 3 ties. In his career he threw 173 touchdowns and 220 interceptions.
    Explain why hes a hall of famer with those stats. Lets put Dave Kingman in hall of fame for baseball.

Again Like I said, IF culpepper healthy. SO far everyone that seen the guy says that is the case.(Bill Parcells has no reason to blow smoke) The talk is who has better QB situation. Raiders or Jets. IF culpepper healthy, there is no debate who QBs # 1- #3 is better.
    IF Culpepper not, than you might have a slight arguement jets overall QB situiation in better shape.

8. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Okay, I like Mike Williams better than Smith!

Well isn't Smith the third QB on your depth chart, or is that Tui? I don't know any Jet fans who think Tui will make the team, it seems Smith is getting more reps, right?

9. Attackett

There is no way Smith will be the third QB this year. He would have to be the #2 Qb on gamedays or else he would be inactive most of the game. I can't see Mangini trusting him enough right now to go into a game with Smith as the backup QB.

I think Brett Raitliff might end up being #3 this year, if not him it will be Tui. At least with Raitliff, we don't know if he is horrible yet, can't say the same about Tui..

As for Mike Williams over Smith, we'll see about that. I had high hopes for Williams coming out of USC, so far he has been a complete bust so we'll see if he can turn it around in Oakland. Brad Smith is one of those guys that opposing fans will overlook because he doesn't put up the numbers but fans of the team he is on love him because he can do so much..

10. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Smith is not a NFL WR(at least yet). Have to have more than 9 receptions for 61 yards. HE is a jack of all trades and a playmaker. (poor poor mans Kordell stewart)

JMo Jets are doing Brad smith a disservice by not letting him master one position.( To play him all training camp at QB was a waste of time) By letting him play multiple positions, theres a goiod chance hes not going to have a long NFl career. Everyone has a bullseye for Brad smith.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hahaha... If Parcells is right. Are there no other players making a comeback this year?? :) If Culpepper went to a team with even average talent he might have a shot at being relatively decent. The train wreck that has been the Raiders the last 3 years tells me he will probably need more knee surgeries before it is all over.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Our guy is the QB with 12 year old arms... get it right, will ya? :)

Culpepper is on the same page as Bledsoe in my book. Had solid teams around them early in their careers when they found some success, but when the talent around them dissolves you are left with a guy that is worth not much more than clipboard duty.

13. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

never really thought of it that way, but you make a good point...instead of just excelling at wr, special teams, qb, rb, return man etc etc, maybe he should just concentrate on one position....although if it was up to me, i'd keep him the way that he is, love his versatility...the guy must be pretty bright, as sitting in to all of the positional meetings and learning each position must be pretty time consuming

14. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Has Russel even signed yet? If not yeah sit and watch the TV. I dont understand why the Raiders where being so cheap with this guy the Raiders aree willing to pay over the hill vets top dollar to under performe so why not pay a rook top dollar to be a bust...When was the last # 1 QB drafted who turned into a franchise saver....
    Also I dont see why well yeah I do they want options at QB but if the wanted mediocore options why not just save what ever they are gonna give up and sign a FA .

#34 jkgrandchamp, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  15. GreenMachine

85 games played
    84 fumbles
    89 Ints
    Who am I?

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Daunte Culpeppter FTW! :rofl2:

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Umm, Culpepper played in only ONE, count it, ONE championship game. I'll also add he sucked massive cock in the game, much like the Raiders did in Super Bowl 37.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wow, you are not even close. I got news for you. Namath had a winning record as the starting quarterback for the Jets.

19. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Unlike Chad coming up big in Oakland in '02 and New England last year? My point is there's no basis to say Chad is more of a "winner" than Culpepper. Try to discuss the topic and leave the cock talk in some other forum.

20. NJRaider

NJRaider New Member

Don't forget 137 TDs.