Better Season Washington or Jones?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by meanandgreen, Aug 15, 2007.

1. meanandgreen

meanandgreen New Member

Who is going to bust it up this year? I say Washington...somethign about that guy is electric in the open field.

2. Mind of Kotite

Mind of Kotite New Member

I agree with you. I believe Leon Washington will be a key to this offense for years to come. I love TJ but this guy has more of a play-making ability. As far as im concerned, the more LW gets on the field the better.

3. billybob

billybob New Member

I vote Washington

4. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Yeah, Washington floats on the field. Gonna have to get a Leon Jersey.

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I think Jones is solid but overrated. I don't see him making too many big plays and I think his numbers will be a lot lower this year.. plus he's 29. So.. Leon all the way.

6. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Washington. He is getting the same lack of respect that Tiki and Westbrook had, and he is a very similar player to them and to Reggie Bush. He will emerge as our go to go this year.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Don't doubt Jones, but man Washington is exciting to watch, any play could be a TD with him on the field, and he seems to be improving.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Thomas Jones. Yes Leon is flashier, but flashy is not what we need, we need consistency. At this point in his career, Leon cannot match the consistency that Jones will birng to the position. Leon will get eaten whole against teams like New England, Baltimore and pretty much anyone with a solid D-line. If we had better run blocking, I'd go with Leon myself. But Jones is a much better fit for the current state of the offense, and will prove as much this year if he stays healthy.

9. All Star

All Star Active Member

Thomas Jones, he's just flat out going to get more playing time.

10. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

Washington in open space....Jones between the tackles. But, really, don't we wish for both of them to stay healthy and be productive at the same time?

11. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

I think they'll be equally effective in terms of production but Leon will be the most fun to watch!

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's going to be a mixed bag unless Jones injury is worse than we've been told. I expect Jones to get nearly 2x the carries of Washington and to have more yards. I expect Washington to have a much better yards per carry average.

Look for Jones to get 275 carries for 1,017 yards and a 3.7 YPC.

Washington is going to get 150 carries for 690 yards and a 4.6 YPC.

None of the grinders the Jets had behind that offensive line last year did better than 3.3 YPC. Jones is a lot better than Barlow and Houston but that line is still not very good. 3.7 YPC would be 4.0 in Chicago or New England.

13. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Leon could have more bigger plays but i think Jones is gonna rip through the seams and have a better overall season. But after this year we are resigning Leon to a bigger contract (if we can) cause he is going to prove he is no poor man's Reggie Bush and that he's actually better. THERE I SAID IT!

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If Washington is that good then why the hell did we trade for Jones. If we were set at RB then we had a hell of a lot of other needs.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Thomas Jones will be the difference for us this year. That's why we traded for him..

16. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Both these guys bring something great to the table. Jones is powerful, can catch, can find the hole, is durable (or at least has been up until now) -- he's just an all around type of player.

Washington is exciting and fast.

I think, if these guys stay healthy, we've got an amazing duo -- best in the league. And with that, Penny will have people to take the heat off of him and will, in turn, have a marvelous year.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I have a feeling that Leon will have the better season overall, he is a playmaker. Leon will get more screen passes, outside runs, etc. Jones will get more runs in between the tackles. Again I think Leon has the better season overall, but Jones will most likely have more yardage (with leon having a better YPC avg). I'll be wearing my Authentic Leon Jersey during every game.

And I also wouldn't be surprised if Leon ends up getting more carries than TJ after a few games, we'll see.

#17 RobA, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wait, is this like, "Who wins, Godzilla or Mothra? Rhodan or Gamera?" HAH, I love threads like this.

19. Penning-10

Penning-10 New Member

what round in fantasy does Leon go (PPR Leagues)?? I'm targeting him in round 7 as my 3rd/bye week filler back.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Pick Ghidra over Leon. Duh.