General Wii thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by wildthing202, Jun 8, 2007.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yes it really is that great and on a side note, is anyone else really pumped for Mario Kart Wii in the first quarter of 08. It's gunna be online and the entire MK series I've been unbeatable so I'm really stoked for it...

The only thing about Mario Strikers I don't like is you get really pissed off if you lose...like way more than other games... idk why but all my friends agree :lol:

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Anyone getting Madden for the Wii? I know I am.

3. rillo

rillo New Member

i want to but i dont know if i'll like the controls and alot of my friends have 360's....so i think imma skip it....do anyone know if the Wii's Madden gonna have online play?

4. NYJalltheway

Yeah I assume they will have on-line cuz it seems Wii is now getting into that more. But yeah IDK about gettin Madden either. My best friend plays the 07 version at my house all the time and really digs it but I haven't gotten into it because the controls are so hard. Go to gametrailers.com and you'll see cool stuff the Wii has. There is a "family controls" mode where you just use the regular Wiimote and you can learn the basics easier and then move up to the advanced style... It seems pretty cool. Also there is a party mode for it. Just go check out the trailers.

5. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Madden Wii 07 worked really well. Just needed some practice to get used to it.
    Cant wait till Midnight tomorrow.

6. NYJalltheway

I really don't understand the obsession with waiting at midnight for games. The systems (especially 7th generation) should have enough good games to wait an extra one night...

7. xmscott

Well..... i dont know.

Seems like it could be kinda fun. I know i had fun waiting 7 hours for the Wii.
    I want the game. Its Monday night, nothing else to do. Play some Madden!@

Edit. Dont plan on waiting that long. I have it fully preordered. One line for us, one for those that only put some money down.

And about reserving. Lets try and remember the Wii launch and the tons of people that still cant find one. I know this is different but whatever.

8. Collingwood

Collingwood New Member

anyone know if there is any baseball games on wii apart from wii sports

9. xmscott

Not yet Collingwood

I cant post links or i would show you 2 games coming. Sorry.

Go to IGN and search Sports games for the Wii. You will find:
    The Bigs
    MLB Power Pros

10. NYJalltheway

Ya supposedly the Bigs game is supposed to be really fun but idk. I really hate baseball so I'm the wrong person to ask. I'd recommend renting it tho to see what's up. I'm sure others will come. BTW there is a tennis racket, golf club, and baseball bat set for the Wii for about 20 bucks I think...seems fun if you're going to be buying sports games. :)

11. NYJalltheway

Reserving it for the Wii imo is very pointless because everyone always buys it for Sony for some stupid reason. Madden on GC was WAY better than on the PS, or PS2. I'm sure the graphics on PS3, and 360 will own the Madden graphics on Wii tho..but gameplay is another story, and will always will be with Nintendo :wink:

12. xmscott

Whatever in the end.

Im hoping to have a little fun on line. I'll wear a Jets Jersey and make fun of Giants fans. The best part, this time tomorrow i will be playing the game.

13. wildthing202

Anyone see the new Smash Bros. update? Just one more thing that makes the game a must buy.

14. NYJalltheway

Do you mean the preview with Mario and Kirby shaking hands at the beginning? I've seen the previews and it looks ok. I'll rent it I'm sure. I've just never really cared for the Smash Series

15. wildthing202

Today's update:
    Pok?mon Trainer

[​IMG]

No way! The Pok?mon Trainer has finally arrived. And it looks like he doesn?t do his fighting directly.

Instead, he uses the three Pok?mon with him?Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard?to do the fighting for him.

He needs to use his three Pok?mon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the Pok?mon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pok?mon Trainer uses a special move called Pok?mon Change to switch between them.

16. NYJalltheway

So you mean Pokemon are gunna be on the new Smash Brothers? o_O

Wow...this game is either gunna be really amazing and surprise me, or continue to be really retarded.

17. rillo

rillo New Member

I bought Mario Strikers the other day.....i really enjoy it....thanks for the heads up

18. rillo

rillo New Member

Anyone getting Metroid?

19. wildthing202

20. Drew

Drew Active Member

omg omg omg.